• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #9 Nebraska @ Indiana

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously think back to a kid that was in my class who had Tourette syndrome and always had to take everything too far. And he reminds me of him.

That's it right there.

What's sad is that was a great game and a decent win, but it will forever be marred by his commentary. He ruined the game for me.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy defiant as fuck in his post game

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which one was Huskerinbig10 was it top hat with husker hulk hands or was it corn head during review announcement

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy defiant as fuck in his post game

I like what he said. I want them to believe they're gonna win every game. Makes me feel good that this team doesn't overlook any game.

Smotis

Stunning and Brave
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hate for Ed Cunningham is unmatched.

Can't stand the fucking guy.

72450966.jpg

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which one was Huskerinbig10 was it top hat with husker hulk hands or was it corn head during review announcement

I am still in Indiana.

I am Top Hat, Husker Fists, Pillow Pet Guy. BTW, I am still undefeated at B1G Nebraska away games. 6-0 now.

Tomhusker almost got his wish. Two drunk Indiana fans who did not buy their tickets in that area moved down in the 2nd half. They were yelling about me being on the Indiana side and cheering Nebraska. Cussed me out too. I thought it was going to happen.

They immediately left on the last interception.

The ESPN camera crew said I was on TV 4 times. One of them did say they loved my hat. I know they took a closeup of my Herbie Husker Pillow Pet. Not sure if that made it,

The Indiana fans around me said they have tried to get on TV for years. I said, "you have a good chance with me being here." They received texts from their friends and were asking them if they were sitting by a Nebraska fan with boxing gloves.

I went to a local establishment after the game. The hostess said to me, I saw you on TV four times. I started laughing.

The Indiana players did not like me behind their bench. Their kicker Oakes, gave me the stink eye a lot. The players would ask the fans to stand up, so I stood up too, with my Husker fists.

I could almost reach out and touch the Indiana players. The offensive line sat on the bench in front of me, and after a three and out, the O Line coach just cussed them out.

I would say stadium was 80% full. I will go roughly 12,000 Nebraska fans. Before gates opened, I was talking with the Coca Cola freebie people and they said the first hour was mostly Nebraska fans.

During pre-game warmups, in order to get Nate Gerry's attention, I would yell Bane and he would look at me. He liked the Husker Fists. Before the Pick 6, I yelled, "Bane, get a Pick 6!" Chris Jones got it.

The Indiana Asst Cheerleader Coach is very attractive and she is a woman. Not one of the cheerleaders looked at me though. Not sure why.:D

A very good game to go to. The Indiana defense was as good as I thought. Either Nebraska offense did not play well, or Indiana is pretty good. The Nebraska D won that game in my opinion.

I do not think the Officials were getting out alive. They were booed throughout the entire game. I was lectured on how football and basketball officials all suck towards Indiana.

After watching Ohio State and Wisconsin, that is now two losses coming up. Nebraska is bowl eligible.

I loved the Another First Down HOOSIERS cheer. That was cool. I was even cheering it.

PS, I thought Newby's fumble was a fumble. Nebraska dodged a bullet.

hitting the road.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool HuskerinBig10. i remember seeing you several times, i don't remember if it was 4 times though but definitely several.

jumping straight to the officials, yea they seemed pretty awful both ways, i thought Indiana got more calls then we did. a ton of missed holds. the fumble was so close, if they had ruled it a fumble on the field, we might have not gotten it overturned, luckily they called him down. that was a huge break for us. but we had 9 penalties and they had 1. and one of ours was a Defensive lineman holding an offensive lineman during a running play. i didn't take a second look for it, but old Ed seemed to think it was him holding a pulling player.

as for the game itself, probably the worst game offensively we've played all year. i think some of it was Indiana's defense (they also did pretty good against OSU, they had a 21 point 2Q but were held more in check then you'd expect). TA playing the worst game this year, seemed really flustered in the pocket, even when he didn't have pressure. but our o-line didn't really seem to step it up until that final drive. I think some people said it here, but DL didn't really call a great game either. coming off a bye week i expected something new, but don't really remembering seeing anything. It also seems to me he's went away from timing routes, those always seemed like TAs strength last year, the ones where he could just throw to a spot and the guy should be there, like a quick out or hook route, he hit cotton on a few of those yesterday but i don't remember any others. with the pressure TA was feeling, it just seemed like he needed some of that stuff to get the ball out of his hand quick. we had a OPI on one pick/rub play, just dumb, i don't understand why WRs "seek" out the guy to block, just turn and look for the ball and hope you get in the way, don't search out the guy, between your defender and yourself it should slow the guy down.

defensively - i agree probably one of the better games we played all year. it's just funny to me how we are allowing the short throws and teams could just march down field on us with 6yd out routes or curls but no one wants to do that. and sometimes those 6 yd out routes turn into 20 yd gains because for whatever reason our DBs don't get up to it quick enough. run D was much improved except for the one long Redding run and when Diamont when he first came in the game. luckily adjusted to his running pretty quick and he didn't really hurt us too much after that.

a win is and win and i'll take it. hopefully our guys don't look over purdue and do something dumb like last year. Iowa just put 49 up on them, but gave up 35, so they can score some points.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still in Indiana.

I am Top Hat, Husker Fists, Pillow Pet Guy. BTW, I am still undefeated at B1G Nebraska away games. 6-0 now.

Tomhusker almost got his wish. Two drunk Indiana fans who did not buy their tickets in that area moved down in the 2nd half. They were yelling about me being on the Indiana side and cheering Nebraska. Cussed me out too. I thought it was going to happen.

They immediately left on the last interception.

The ESPN camera crew said I was on TV 4 times. One of them did say they loved my hat. I know they took a closeup of my Herbie Husker Pillow Pet. Not sure if that made it,

The Indiana fans around me said they have tried to get on TV for years. I said, "you have a good chance with me being here." They received texts from their friends and were asking them if they were sitting by a Nebraska fan with boxing gloves.

I went to a local establishment after the game. The hostess said to me, I saw you on TV four times. I started laughing.

The Indiana players did not like me behind their bench. Their kicker Oakes, gave me the stink eye a lot. The players would ask the fans to stand up, so I stood up too, with my Husker fists.

I could almost reach out and touch the Indiana players. The offensive line sat on the bench in front of me, and after a three and out, the O Line coach just cussed them out.

I would say stadium was 80% full. I will go roughly 12,000 Nebraska fans. Before gates opened, I was talking with the Coca Cola freebie people and they said the first hour was mostly Nebraska fans.

During pre-game warmups, in order to get Nate Gerry's attention, I would yell Bane and he would look at me. He liked the Husker Fists. Before the Pick 6, I yelled, "Bane, get a Pick 6!" Chris Jones got it.

The Indiana Asst Cheerleader Coach is very attractive and she is a woman. Not one of the cheerleaders looked at me though. Not sure why.:D

A very good game to go to. The Indiana defense was as good as I thought. Either Nebraska offense did not play well, or Indiana is pretty good. The Nebraska D won that game in my opinion.

I do not think the Officials were getting out alive. They were booed throughout the entire game. I was lectured on how football and basketball officials all suck towards Indiana.

After watching Ohio State and Wisconsin, that is now two losses coming up. Nebraska is bowl eligible.

I loved the Another First Down HOOSIERS cheer. That was cool. I was even cheering it.

PS, I thought Newby's fumble was a fumble. Nebraska dodged a bullet.

hitting the road.
:pound: Wait, was that really you? You were on what seemed like every other Husker crowd shot :lol:

That's awesome. Now we need a GIF of it.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw you too! I guess I'm ok with you not getting your ass kicked. Maybe next time. Given your undefeated road game streak, maybe we should take up a collection and send you to Madison and Columbus?
Glad you had a good time.