• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9/7: #1 Ohio State vs Virginia Tech

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBD:wtf2:...you gonna fill in the blank after Ohio State leaves Blacksburg w/ a W?:D

Haha all I'm saying is the Hokies could put up 30 or 0 and either way I would not be surprised.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf. Deon Clarke lets jones get outside and then frye couldnt follow Elliot across the formation.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see nijmin in at ot? What happened to McLaughlin?

I think he was in for Hansen on a few series. He rotated in and out.

We had a shot till Brewer got hurt. Defense did its job for the most part but just got wore down as the game went on. If we still had Brewer, that maybe could have given us some offense and made it more of a game. OL looked pretty good all things considered. I liked the look of our RBs. RVD and the secondary had a rough game imo, especially Fuller.

Moving forward though we could be in a bad spot with this Brewer injury. I've never thought Motley was the answer. Didn't like the way he looked when he played last year or in the spring games. Brewer wasn't a good QB by any means but he was the best we had. If he limited the boneheaded turnovers, maybe we could have had a shot at the ACC this year. But with Motley? I'm doubtful. Loeffler didn't give him many throwing opportunities in the game so maybe that's part of it, but if he really isn't a throwing threat (and I don't think he is from what I've seen), he shouldn't be out there. Play Durkin or burn Lawson's redshirt. Lawson maybe green as spring grass but we have to at least have some sort of competent passing game. Someone tell the NCAA that the Drew Ford transfer was just a joke!

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was in for Hansen on a few series. He rotated in and out.

We had a shot till Brewer got hurt. Defense did its job for the most part but just got wore down as the game went on. If we still had Brewer, that maybe could have given us some offense and made it more of a game. OL looked pretty good all things considered. I liked the look of our RBs. RVD and the secondary had a rough game imo, especially Fuller.

Moving forward though we could be in a bad spot with this Brewer injury. I've never thought Motley was the answer. Didn't like the way he looked when he played last year or in the spring games. Brewer wasn't a good QB by any means but he was the best we had. If he limited the boneheaded turnovers, maybe we could have had a shot at the ACC this year. But with Motley? I'm doubtful. Loeffler didn't give him many throwing opportunities in the game so maybe that's part of it, but if he really isn't a throwing threat (and I don't think he is from what I've seen), he shouldn't be out there. Play Durkin or burn Lawson's redshirt. Lawson maybe green as spring grass but we have to at least have some sort of competent passing game. Someone tell the NCAA that the Drew Ford transfer was just a joke!
I don't like what I have seen at motley at all. He just looks lost and takes off running at the first chance.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like what I have seen at motley at all. He just looks lost and takes off running at the first chance.

Agreed. I soured on him officially in the UVA game last year. Since we needed to win that game to be bowl eligible (and beat UVA of course), that was a game that had high stakes. His body language looked to me said he wanted no part of that, like the stage was too big for him and he knew it. His eyes looked timid and I didn't like his vibe. Then he goes in for like two plays and gets hurt, which wasn't his fault obviously, so I guess it didn't matter. What I'm trying to say I guess is I've seen nothing to indicate that he has potential to be viable option for QB at this level of play. It also isn't all that encouraging to me that Loeffler changes his scheme to make up for Motley's passing abilities. If you have to handicap yourself that much, why bother? If you've got a system, it should be next man up with very few changes.