• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9/7: #1 Ohio State vs Virginia Tech

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sept 7, 2015: #1 Ohio State vs Virginia Tech at 8pmEST on ESPN

Getting a head start on the game thread because news just broke that Ohio State is down another contributing WR, this time to injury. This is on top of already being down Joey Bosa and a couple of other WRs due to suspension.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, sucks for them. Some say Brown would be the starter across from Thomas.

I look for Urban to pound the rock with Elliott, attacking the weakest part of our D (LBs). Motuapuaka could be a huge factor in this game. If he can't get on Elliott consistently, it could be a long night.

I look for Bud to emulate alot of what he did last year. Stack the box, confuse the QB with different looks, and attack-- blitz, blitz, and blitz some more. I am sure there will be some wrinkles/surprises there. Thats just what Bud does. With them being so shorthanded at the WR position, I look for our DBs to be on an island most of the night (sound familiar?).

IMO, The biggest key will be whether Brewer and Co. can extend drives and put up some points (once again, like last year). If the O can do that, I think we have a great shot at shocking the world...AGAIN! VT OL vs. tOSU DL will be a huge matchup to watch. Glad Bosa is out. Certainly doesn't hurt our chances.

And oh yeah...I love it that most aren't even giving VT a chance .... AGAIN! Many are already annoiting the Bucks to be the NCs. Its a recipe for disaster. I think that always plays to the underdog...especially in front of a rauceous crowd in a night game at Lane Stadium. The guys will be pumped. Looking forward to this one!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starting to get excited again.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO BUCKEYES!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Hey boys!

2. Those are hot.

3. Virginia Tech 34, Ohio State 23

:scared:

I got..

Virginia Tech - TBD
Ohio State - 17

Who knows what the VT offense (/defense/special teams) comes up with.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scared:

I got..

Virginia Tech - TBD
Ohio State - 17

Who knows what the VT offense (/defense/special teams) comes up with.

TBD:wtf2:...you gonna fill in the blank after Ohio State leaves Blacksburg w/ a W?:D

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sept 7, 2015: #1 Ohio State vs Virginia Tech at 8pmEST on ESPN

Getting a head start on the game thread because news just broke that Ohio State is down another contributing WR, this time to injury. This is on top of already being down Joey Bosa and a couple of other WRs due to suspension.

and that makes you happy, to play a team without numerous players, since it give you a chance in hell of winning now. congrats.:L

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that makes you happy, to play a team without numerous players, since it give you a chance in hell of winning now. congrats.:L

Don't use the suspensions & injury as an excuse. It's not like the Buckeyes don't have depth. The Hokies D worries me, they're damn good. Their offense though...well that's another story. Ohio State still has alotta talent they can put on the field & I'm expecting a heavy dose of EzE, he'll get more than 8 carries this time. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Braxton take a couple of snaps @ QB. Making their DC have to plan for a 3 QB look. Although if that would happen my guess is 99.9% it's gonna be a running play w/ # 5.

GO BUCKEYES!!!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't use the suspensions & injury as an excuse. It's not like the Buckeyes don't have depth. The Hokies D worries me, they're damn good. Their offense though...well that's another story. Ohio State still has alotta talent they can put on the field & I'm expecting a heavy dose of EzE, he'll get more than 8 carries this time. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Braxton take a couple of snaps @ QB. Making their DC have to plan for a 3 QB look. Although if that would happen my guess is 99.9% it's gonna be a running play w/ # 5.

GO BUCKEYES!!!
The big difference in this game versus last season imo is that we have a healthy starting OL that has been together for 12 months now. Factor in a experienced JT and OL with a heavy dose of Eze. I suspect and looking forward to the one on one matchup between Jordan Fuller and Michael Thomas. Both will be 1st round picks in the NFL.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big difference in this game versus last season imo is that we have a healthy starting OL that has been together for 12 months now. Factor in a experienced JT and OL with a heavy dose of Eze. I suspect and looking forward to the one on one matchup between Jordan Fuller and Michael Thomas. Both will be 1st round picks in the NFL.

Kendall Fuller, but yeah that will be a great matchup. Hopefully the Virginia Tech O line will be a bit better as well. Virginia Tech has to stop the run. That will be key and it will be really really hard. I like our DTs (both seniors with a ton of starts and game changers) but I am very wary about our MLB who is not the most physical guy and a bit undersized.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For last years staring OL it wasn't about injury, it was about replacing 4 starters. And of course JT was only making his 2nd career start. All non factors in this rematch though. There's not a coach/player/or fan that has forgotten that loss. EzE's a no-brainer, he's gonna need to have alotta carries, which I would expect anyway. Bosa will be missed although others will step up Monday night I would hope.

images12344143.jpg

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendall Fuller, but yeah that will be a great matchup. Hopefully the Virginia Tech O line will be a bit better as well. Virginia Tech has to stop the run. That will be key and it will be really really hard. I like our DTs (both seniors with a ton of starts and game changers) but I am very wary about our MLB who is not the most physical guy and a bit undersized.
My apology. No idea where Jordan came from.This will be a fun matchup to watch. Michael Thomas is physical and break off the man press coverage, an area where we have struggled in the past with our WR position. I think Thomas is basically like our new Santonio Holmes. He comes from a good blood line as well (Keyshean Johnson's nephew).

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great video Croc!

It is amazing to me that many analysts are giving VT little to no chance to win this game. Luginbill went as far to so that the Hokies would get "hammered". Unless the offense has ZERO luck/success on Offense, I just don't see how this won't be a relatively close game. Foster is t going to let Elliott run away with this. I'm with you 46, a little concerned with Andrew M. At MLB. I wish Tremaine Edmunds had a year under his belt.

And if you guys haven't read it yet, check out French's (always stellar) analysis.

Cracking Nuts: Beating the Buckeyes in Blacksburg