• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/3 Gameday Zito vs Billingsly

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kittens:

cats-kitten-sink.jpg

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So how man runs has Guillen netted the Giants? I'm guessing -3.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not die easy huff

Huff is on life support these days.

You gotta wonder about all these guys who are glad to be part of the playoff race, maybe the long season and the pressure is getting to them. It's easy to play for the Fish in September, but not so much with teams in contention.

Every time the Giants seem to right themselves and get back into the race, they collectively fold. This does not appear to me that this is a mentally tough and scrappy team.

Of course, facing Billingsley on one of his good nights will do that to a team. :L

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Given that this ump was using the official strike zone tonight, makes Zito's failure to throw strikes even more egregious. He was not umpjacked.

Last edited by a moderator:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Huff is on life support these days.

You gotta wonder about all these guys who are glad to be part of the playoff race, maybe the long season and the pressure is getting to them. It's easy to play for the Fish in September, but not so much with teams in contention.

Every time the Giants seem to right themselves and get back into the race, they collectively fold. This does not appear to me that this is a mentally tough and scrappy team.

Of course, facing Billingsley on one of his good nights will do that to a team. :L

Kind of feel bad for Huff. It's got to sting to be coming up so small. And, yes, the team seems soft, most guys aren't working counts, guys coming off the bench have poor body language. And I don't like Bochy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not see the game, but from following this thread, looking at the box, and considering what I expected coming in...

1) Zeets seemed like he did not want to win. He gave up 2 early, then when the team scraps back to tie, he IMMEDIATELY stabs the team in the heart by giving the runs back.

2) The Giants have no discipline at the plate. When Pat is the only guy taking pitches and making the opp pitcher work, that is not a good sign.

3) Do we need to make Whiteside the official Zito catcher again? I would like to see a graph of Zitos games since Posey was promoted. I am not saying Posey is the problem, I am just asking the question.

4) We were expecting the Giants to be out of this game early. We only lost by 2 and actually made a game of it. Overall, not a bad result.

5) I was expecting the Pads to take 2 of 3 against the Rox, so their loss tonight ALMOST makes tonight positive, in the grand scale of things...

6) I expect the Phils to take AT LEAST 2 of 3 from Milwaukee, so tonight's win follows that plan...

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a heads up (i really dont see this as being worthy of its own thread) but my brother has started posting on the espn boards. hes BarryBondsForPres. or something. i dont remember. but he's young, stupid, and obnoxious. put him in his place, please.