• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9-2

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look on the bright side, Stanford didn't get much film of our offense.

I'm gonna go throw up again.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the best game but at least they won.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep all that matters

I'm glad I live in New England and don't have to see people wearing a damn turnover chain because I would probably choke them with it.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad I live in New England and don't have to see people wearing a damn turnover chain because I would probably choke them with it.
Now you know my hell.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They looked like absolute shit but they won

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am officially on the "Fuck Wimbush" train...other than that, I have no words...

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to all the "at least we won" fans out there ......... i would rather see my team play well and lose than be clearly the superior team going in and look look shit but still win.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to all the "at least we won" fans out there ......... i would rather see my team play well and lose than be clearly the superior team going in and look look shit but still win.

You're weird

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you rather see your team play well and still end up with a L instead of having an off day and still finding a way to get a W? Wow lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am officially on the "Fuck Wimbush" train...other than that, I have no words...

I don't pay attention to the offseason/recruiting much but please tell me this guy won't be our starter next year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't pay attention to the offseason/recruiting much but please tell me this guy won't be our starter next year.

Can't be sure but the kid they have committed from Pennsylvania is having a great year in High School and I believe are playing in the State Championship game.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have a guy IMO who can make this offense better...Ian Book. Let's see what he can do during Stanford and the bowl game...

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s an interesting perspective. I had friends at Vanderbilt who used to say the same thing. I told them that attitude is why they will never be winners. I’d rather go 12-0 and win the national championship looking like crap in every game than go 1-11 and feel as though we dominated every team that we played. But maybe that’s just me.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's long past time ND revise its approach to Navy.

For decades this game was an afterthought. Navy will never have the recruits ND will get. Until they decided to install their gimmick offense that gives their talent mis-match a fighting chance, this was a game that could be overlooked.

Since Paul Johnson has put this system in and the academies have relaxed their size restrictions for the football team they've drawn better talent.

It stopped being a team to simply overlook year in and year out.

But there's more. I think ND has a mentality that they play this game out of respect. That the cadets are to be revered and respected.

Navy on the other hand plays this game to win. They play hyper aggressive (sometimes dirty).

To them this is really a rivalry but as a program this game is still not approached with any intensity.

That has to change otherwise we will continue to suffer one score wins with the occasional loss.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you rather see your team play well and still end up with a L instead of having an off day and still finding a way to get a W? Wow lol

1. i'd RATHER see my team play well and win every game!
2. i'd RATHER see my team play well and lose than play poorly/stupid and win.
3. i don't believe in "off days". an off day only means the coach isn't doing his job.

i understand that winning is the ONLY thing to some. i't not to me. if you feel that's a wow then there's nothing more to say.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s an interesting perspective. I had friends at Vanderbilt who used to say the same thing. I told them that attitude is why they will never be winners. I’d rather go 12-0 and win the national championship looking like crap in every game than go 1-11 and feel as though we dominated every team that we played. But maybe that’s just me.

i'd suggest you don't really know what a winner is.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd suggest you don't really know what a winner is.

I’ve followed ND for a long time. Some years are better than others, but I’ve learned what a winner is. It’s a team that wins. Not a team that looks good but loses. I don’t understand why anyone would prefer a losing team that puts up good stats over a team that actually wins. Please explain your logic.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve followed ND for a long time. Some years are better than others, but I’ve learned what a winner is. It’s a team that wins. Not a team that looks good but loses. I don’t understand why anyone would prefer a losing team that puts up good stats over a team that actually wins. Please explain your logic.

ok. a team made up of very good players that don't play up to their potential or is coached so poorly that it takes luck to overcome losing, is not a team i feel good about rooting for. their victories are hollow imo. just look at the comments made during the navy game. nd fans were miserable throughout. is that a good thing?
i've probably been a nd fan far longer than you and i don't think you DO know what a winner is. to you it's black and white. according to your philosophy there's is only one winner per season and the rest are losers. i can pretty much guarantee most coaches disagree with you. the winners are the teams that play up to their potential (not just look good as you so poorly put it), even when they lose. i think the losers are the teams that don't ... and i'm talking about from the head coach on down.

does that help?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok. a team made up of very good players that don't play up to their potential or is coached so poorly that it takes luck to overcome losing, is not a team i feel good about rooting for. their victories are hollow imo. just look at the comments made during the navy game. nd fans were miserable throughout. is that a good thing?
i've probably been a nd fan far longer than you and i don't think you DO know what a winner is. to you it's black and white. according to your philosophy there's is only one winner per season and the rest are losers. i can pretty much guarantee most coaches disagree with you. the winners are the teams that play up to their potential (not just look good as you so poorly put it), even when they lose. i think the losers are the teams that don't ... and i'm talking about from the head coach on down.

does that help?

I don’t know how long you’ve been an ND fan. You can probably tell by my name, which years I attended. We won the National Championship the year before I got there, and my senior year. Additionally, I thought we had the best team in the country my freshman year, so maybe I was spoiled from an early age. If we didn’t win the National Championship it was disappointing. I never wanted to be in a conference because I hated listening to people talk about winning a conference championship like that was supposed to mean something good. The simple fact was that if we didn’t win the National Championship the season was seen as a disappointment. Unfortunately, the past several years have made the likelihood of winning a national championship seem somewhat remote, but I sincerely hope I never get to the point where I am happy about a loss regardless of what the stats say.

I truly don’t care what you think qualifies as a win. For me it’s pretty simple, its the score, it’s why they keep score. My fear is that some day a large number of ND fans will stop measuring success by the number of wins, and use things like playing up to their potential. Let’s hope that never happens.