• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/11 thread

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember 9/11/2001?

The day before Denver Played the NY Giants on MNF. They won and Ed McCaffery broke his leg. I remember the next day when it all went down I saw a little clip of Ed in the hospital and he was like , "How could I care about my leg." "There are more important things."

Ironic on the 20th Anniversary, the day before 911 and once again the Broncos are at the Giants..... Hopefully it will be less noteworthy

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all know exactly where we were when we heard or saw the news- unless you are under 25 years old. I was taking an employee to the COS airport and had a CD playing, so I wasn’t listening to the radio. Just as we pulled up to the airport, my assistant called and asked if I had been watching the news. Nope. She said I better wait for Tom at the airport, because they were cancelling flights across the country. He ended up grabbing a rental car and driving to Dallas. Of course, I then quickly tuned in to the radio and as soon as I got home turned on the TV.

This was pre FaceBook, and I do want to mention that I had a lot of messages from friends in Russia expressing their sympathy. Even countries we may not have had a great political relationship we’re impacted by 911.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean of course we remember. I remember where I was at when every Denver Broncos pick was made since I was in second grade (first time I watched the draft) I remember where I was when Mingo made a bet with that involved a car... I remember where I was when SpringStein was mean to me for the first time. (Too many to keep track of after that)

I had actually been staying at my grandparents because my grandpa had just gotten his leg amputated. I was staying at their house at night to watch out for him. Like the rest of us I watched the Broncos game the night before. I remember it was one of the few healthy games I got to watch Kevin Kasper actually play in as a Bronco.

I woke up the next morning at my grandparents house and headed home. Back then the first thing I always did was hop on AIM and mouthoff/kffl sports when I woke up. I logged in and instantly I got an IM from another member of mouthoff. Some of you may remember him (CHEMICAL X, no idea where he is today).. He asked me if I saw what happened. When I said no, he said turn on CNN and there it was......

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short of 9/11 and the game itself , there was also a first ? Anyone remember it?

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Viewer warning. Not easy to watch.

For this somber day.

For those who lost their lives. Never forget.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short of 9/11 and the game itself , there was also a first ? Anyone remember it?
i guess not everyone remembers everything

it was also first regular season game at the new Mile High called Invesco Field at Mile High

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that Ed caught the ball on that play. Tough SOB. And I have way too many unpleasant 9/11 memories to go through.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess not everyone remembers everything

it was also first regular season game at the new Mile High called Invesco Field at Mile High
Thought you were referring to the fact that was the first time that the SB champion from the previous season (Ravens in this case) didn't host the Monday Night season opener the next season.

At least it was the first time in a long time.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also another bad tidbit. Deltha O'Neal's uncle and niece were killed in a car accident either on their way or returning from the game. I think returning from the game. :(

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone remembers that day - and the feelings they experienced. I'm not sure what it is we are supposed to "never forget." Not to let down our guard - I suppose - still we let 1/6 happen just this year.

gunns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone remembers that day - and the feelings they experienced. I'm not sure what it is we are supposed to "never forget." Not to let down our guard - I suppose - still we let 1/6 happen just this year.
I think the "never forget" saying is for the upcoming generations and how it's our responsibility to teach them.