• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9-1

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's in the very least the 2nd string QB because he wasn't the guy starting the season that isn't even disputable. At the Spring Game he was the 3rd string QB because Golson hadn't left yet once again that isn't disputable. Prosise entering the season was the back up to Folston and Adams was behind him this isn't disputable it's all fact it isn't technical in any way. Notre Dame has continued to win games with guys that were suppose to be the back ups but have become the starters and preformed very well because of the depth this team has and the recruiting the coaching staff has done. You don't seem to think it's that big of a deal however last week the selection committee mentioned how Notre Dame was winning with all the injuries and how that showed the depth of the team and how good they are.

that's why i agreed "technically" he was #2. but imo, there are 2nd stringers and then there are 2nd stringers. i'd suggest notre dame's backups are better than most teams number 1's.
and i DO think the depth is a big deal and that's kinda my point. calling kizer a "2nd stringer" seems ridiculous to me. either that or the term has no real meaning.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't think so? it's BECAUSE of that depth we are where we are. we're USING that depth! same goes for rb. of COURSE they aren't that deep now.

They weren't that deep before. That's why we are down to two legit QB's, one that they wanted to redshirt and after Prosise, two freshman running backs, both of which they wanted to redshirt. If we lost these two running backs, they would move Carlisle to RB, or maybe Brown. Just because we could find someone to throw in there doesn't mean that we are deep at the position.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't that deep before. That's why we are down to two legit QB's, one that they wanted to redshirt and after Prosise, two freshman running backs, both of which they wanted to redshirt. If we lost these two running backs, they would move Carlisle to RB, or maybe Brown. Just because we could find someone to throw in there doesn't mean that we are deep at the position.
They arguably would activate Justin Brent. They moved him to RB and then redshirted him.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe the kid was elite when they signed him. he was just behind two other elites. were he older he'd have been the #1.

and, as much as i dislike kelly for his game day choices i fully admit his awesomeness in his recruiting ability.
Zaire and Kizer were both Invited to the Elite 11 camp but my recollection was that Zaire came iut ranked much higher. Kizer was a good prospect but I don't know if I'd slap the "elite" label on him. He didn't get an offer from OSU until very late.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's why i agreed "technically" he was #2. but imo, there are 2nd stringers and then there are 2nd stringers. i'd suggest notre dame's backups are better than most teams number 1's.
and i DO think the depth is a big deal and that's kinda my point. calling kizer a "2nd stringer" seems ridiculous to me. either that or the term has no real meaning.
Not the last couple of years. Remember when Reese was our back up. This is the 1st time I can say we truly have a legit back up. I guess Last year with MZ. Truth be told no one thought Kizer would be this good. Now I will say our #2 is better then most #1's. Now u think Wimbush is better I don't know. He is a Freshmen. Maybe next year he will at par with other #2's.

Well most of college football experts are impressed with ND and how they are doing it with back ups at main positions on offense(RB,QB and TE).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zaire and Kizer were both Invited to the Elite 11 camp but my recollection was that Zaire came iut ranked much higher. Kizer was a good prospect but I don't know if I'd slap the "elite" label on him. He didn't get an offer from OSU until very late.
I agree no one knew Kizer would be this good. I mean the Kid is Top 5 in college football this year. MZ might be the back up next year. Kelly is going to have a tough choice next year.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree no one knew Kizer would be this good. I mean the Kid is Top 5 in college football this year. MZ might be the back up next year. Kelly is going to have a tough choice next year.

Kizer might be the starter next year. But he might not be. Zaire has started two games in his career. In the first he was the MVP of a bowl game. In the second he was 19-22 for 313 yards. Maybe he really is better than Kizer, it never seemed like there was a question as to who was the best before the season started. Maybe Zaire is the better QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kizer might be the starter next year. But he might not be. Zaire has started two games in his career. In the first he was the MVP of a bowl game. In the second he was 19-22 for 313 yards. Maybe he really is better than Kizer, it never seemed like there was a question as to who was the best before the season started. Maybe Zaire is the better QB.
yeah u might be right but I don't know if MZ has the poise and composure as Kizer. I mean the game he got hurt he didn't look good. I have faith in Kizer when we need a score on the last drive or 2. MZ hasn't been tested like that before. Kizer is tested. Its going to be very interested. Wouldn't be shock if Kizer transferred if he isn't the starter. He knows he is one of the better QBs in college, why wouldn't he leave. Same can be said about MZ.

If we win a NC or make it, no way Kizer isn't the starter because not like in 2012 where the D led the team, this year its been the offense.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u think Wimbush is better I don't know.

i don't know nearly as much about wimbush as many here. he didn't look too bad the only time i saw him play but that's meaningless. i know he's touted and all but i hope we don't need him the rest of this year. next year, unless something changes, i have to think kizer is the #1 guy. and if zaire is #2 and wimbush thinks highly of himself ... he just may opt out altogether. so i guess i don't think a lot about him.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand, I'm glad we have this "problem". Having two very good QBs at the same time is both a blessing and a curse. On the other hand, it's not my problem to juggle, it's Coach's. I think there may be a bit of truth on both sides here. Zaire was the better mechanical QB and probably had a better handle on the Offense, Kizer has some intangibles that might not be so easily seen outside of in-game pressure.

I'm thrilled to have them both and I only hope that they've both bought in to the TEAM concept. If they're good enough, both are going to get a shot in the Pros, so I don't think they should really sweat that. As this year has evidenced, you never know when your time is coming, you need to be ready to go. Take Wimbush as the example here. If Kizer were to go down (God forbid), Wimbush is up. I don't think he's ready like Kizer was. Not a knock on him at all, but he's greener than Kazoo from the Flintstones from what I saw of him. I suppose we could chalk up some of that to Kelly being extremely careful with the play calls coming in but the series Wimbush was in was so poor that Kizer came back in to close out the game. That should tell you all you need to know for the time being.