• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9-1

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion the playoff should be the top eight teams. Just seems like the right number to me. Nothing to do with this season or Notre Dame for that matter.

I agree, in theory that would give you each power 5 conference should they be ranked in the top 8 and at least 3 at large teams each year from any conference even a team out of the power 5.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well ..... do you think iowa belongs in a 4 team playoff??

No but would there be any debate about them being in the playoffs if we had 8 teams? They would be a slam dunk

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but would there be any debate about them being in the playoffs if we had 8 teams? They would be a slam dunk
What is crazy is that a SEC might not make the playoffs. If Bama goes down the SEC is out. I also think OSu might lose. 1 thing we need Clemson to win out. They lose then ND might get hurt.

OU has no shot and Im not worried about them. nothing backs them up. They would have the same record as ND and ND beat the team(killed) the team that beat OU. OU best win would be an overrated Big 12 team.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 is very overrated and it's showing up right now.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what about houston? at 10th they'd be undefeated and out.

my point is the top ranked team was the champ. then the best 2 teams were matched in a bowl and the winner was the champ. now it's a four team playoff and the winner is the champ. you are on a slippery slope that will never end. someone will always be on that bubble and complaining. if you think you wouldn't complain about a 9th ranked nd team not getting in the 8 team playoff you are kidding yourself.

the fact is nd had the chance to be in the playoffs and the loss (very winnable btw) hurt them. they had only themselves and some terrible coaching to blame. we knew at that point it would take lots of luck to get all the way back ... and it may still happen. but the format is just fine. i don't want some 2 or 3 loss 8th place team getting a shot at the national title!

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I Just realized that the B12 doesn't have a Conference Championship.... :L:L:L:L

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, sorry been MIA the past few weeks...crazy at home. My two cents...

-Seems to me Kelly set's his game plan, and that is it. You either execute, or we lose. The lack of TE usage is still bothering me. The WR were covered all game. There was nothing over the middle again. All game it was wide open, but no. It's the long ball, or those short out passes or a WR screen. Nothing more to this offense.
-Adams is a North/South runner, so we need to keep him like that. Let CJ do the edge stuff, he is much more elusive and shifty.
-Still waiting on this OL to show the fuck up.
-CB are not very good. To many easy passes being given up. Someone is going to realize this, and just throw the ball 60x. You can't run on these guys that much, but you can pass on them.
-Grace and Schmidt are killing this LB core. They are terrible. Slow, not athletic, can't cover, miss tackle's. IMO they are killing Smith. If they could cover at all, you could unleash Smith and he would dominate more than he is. Nope, we have to send him out in coverage half the time because the other two can't cover shit. I thought we had some great LB come in the past 2 yrs, where are they? Someone has to be better than what is out there.

Terrible game IMO. Lazy, uninterested, playing down to the opponent. If Wake HC was not such a fucking tool and kicked some FG, they game would have seemed a little closer. IDK, but they really hurt their image to the playoff board. Do I dare say, played themselves of the playoffs at this time? Maybe.

So they need to blow out BC. I will be at this game. If this same shit game plan on offense is used again. Don't be shocked if you see me on the sidelines calling plays in the 2nd half, I have about had it with BK and his offensive mind.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-Seems to me Kelly set's his game plan, and that is it. You either execute, or we lose. The lack of TE usage is still bothering me. The WR were covered all game. There was nothing over the middle again. All game it was wide open, but no. It's the long ball, or those short out passes or a WR screen. Nothing more to this offense.
-Adams is a North/South runner, so we need to keep him like that. Let CJ do the edge stuff, he is much more elusive and shifty.
-CB are not very good. To many easy passes being given up. Someone is going to realize this, and just throw the ball 60x. You can't run on these guys that much, but you can pass on them.
-Grace and Schmidt are killing this LB core. They are terrible. Slow, not athletic, can't cover, miss tackle's. IMO they are killing Smith. If they could cover at all, you could unleash Smith and he would dominate more than he is. Nope, we have to send him out in coverage half the time because the other two can't cover shit. I thought we had some great LB come in the past 2 yrs, where are they? Someone has to be better than what is out there.

Terrible game IMO. Lazy, uninterested, playing down to the opponent. If Wake HC was not such a fucking tool and kicked some FG, they game would have seemed a little closer. IDK, but they really hurt their image to the playoff board. Do I dare say, played themselves of the playoffs at this time? Maybe.

So they need to blow out BC. I will be at this game. If this same shit game plan on offense is used again. Don't be shocked if you see me on the sidelines calling plays in the 2nd half, I have about had it with BK and his offensive mind.
Welcome Back! And good points

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is crazy is that a SEC might not make the playoffs. If Bama goes down the SEC is out. I also think OSu might lose. 1 thing we need Clemson to win out. They lose then ND might get hurt.

If Florida beat Bama and had a record of 12-1 (SEC Champions), I think the committee would put them in. I'm not predicting that, just sayin'.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about houston? at 10th they'd be undefeated and out.

my point is the top ranked team was the champ. then the best 2 teams were matched in a bowl and the winner was the champ. now it's a four team playoff and the winner is the champ. you are on a slippery slope that will never end. someone will always be on that bubble and complaining. if you think you wouldn't complain about a 9th ranked nd team not getting in the 8 team playoff you are kidding yourself.

the fact is nd had the chance to be in the playoffs and the loss (very winnable btw) hurt them. they had only themselves and some terrible coaching to blame. we knew at that point it would take lots of luck to get all the way back ... and it may still happen. but the format is just fine. i don't want some 2 or 3 loss 8th place team getting a shot at the national title!
I disagree 8 teams is the best way. Houston would make it. It would give that small school a chance just like is College basketball. U would get all the teams that deserve a shot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) I like how Kelly is coaching. Offense was on a roll. Last game they looked like they were going through the motions.
2)I agree. North and South. that's where he does his damage.
3)Oline very over rated. They are too up and down. I will say this when we need a score they put together a good series. They are letting up too much pressure for a suppose top Oline. Elmar and Martin has struggled the most.
4)I think the Secondary has talent just that they aren't getting the scheme. a lot of miss communication. This falls on VG.
5)I agree. Schmidt looks really slow and cant tackle. he is the leader on D. This is the one Area I wish J. Smith would of stepped in.

Lets take care of business this weekend.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Florida beat Bama and had a record of 12-1 (SEC Champions), I think the committee would put them in. I'm not predicting that, just sayin'.
I agree but lets say FSU beats Florida and then beats Bama I don't know if a 2 loss SEC makes it. To be Honest they shouldn't. SEC is on a down year.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but lets say FSU beats Florida and then beats Bama I don't know if a 2 loss SEC makes it. To be Honest they shouldn't. SEC is on a down year.

Or auburn beats Bama and Bama beats Florida in the championship game. But I truly don't think the SEC gets left out. Easier scenario would be for the Big 10, Big 12 or ACC to get left out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or auburn beats Bama and Bama beats Florida in the championship game. But I truly don't think the SEC gets left out. Easier scenario would be for the Big 10, Big 12 or ACC to get left out.
I don't think either but if they put a 2 loss team over a 1 Loss ND or a 1 loss Big10 team it would look bad. Only way ACC gets left out is if Clemson loses and the only game I see them losing is the Championship game against UNC.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right, but I think Stanford did more to hurt our chances than anything. I think if Oklahoma wins out, our best chance might be Michigan winning the Big10 and being left out of the playoff or NC beating Clemson.

I'm starting to think that would not be good, if UNC wins out and beats Clemson, it's very likely they would replace Clemson in the playoff. I'm thinking the ACC has a spot either way, so we need Clemson to win out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think that would not be good, if UNC wins out and beats Clemson, it's very likely they would replace Clemson in the playoff. I'm thinking the ACC has a spot either way, so we need Clemson to win out.
I agree, just like I said after we lost to Clemson, we need Clemson to win out. Some people said I was wrong but it looks like that is the case. We need Clemson to win out. Clemson winning out Gives ND big bonus points.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if NC beats Clemson they would be a popular choice to be included, BUT I honestly believe that the academic issues with Julius Nyang'oro and his African American studies classes will be an issue for some of the people on the committee. I think this is the reason they were so far down in the playoff rankings for the past two weeks. They don't want a playoff with a school that is still being investigated for academic issues. Who wants a national champion that needs to vacate the championship.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if NC beats Clemson they would be a popular choice to be included, BUT I honestly believe that the academic issues with Julius Nyang'oro and his African American studies classes will be an issue for some of the people on the committee. I think this is the reason they were so far down in the playoff rankings for the past two weeks. They don't want a playoff with a school that is still being investigated for academic issues. Who wants a national champion that needs to vacate the championship.

This shit gives me a headache. I think if TCU and Baylor win this week, then we should be perfectly fine.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit gives me a headache. I think if TCU and Baylor win this week, then we should be perfectly fine.

Yup rooting for the Bears and Horn Frogs this week for sure.