• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/9 Early Bonds @ Prime Bonds

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Law certainly will be non-tendered...

If he makes it that far. I would not be shocked to see him DFA’d before the end of the season to make room for a September call up. Not sure it will be needed with both Panda and Cueto still on the 40, and probably only Shaw needing a spot, but if they need a 3rd spot, you gotta think Law is the next to go.
**clears throat** Tyler Rogers needs a 40 man spot.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
**clears throat** Tyler Rogers needs a 40 man spot.
I would be ok with that.

Strick, Shaw and Rogers up

Panda and Cueto to 60, Law kicked to the curb.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be ok with that.

Strick, Shaw and Rogers up

Panda and Cueto to 60, Law kicked to the curb.
There isn't a whole lot of pitchers on the 40 man who aren't already up that I'd be okay with getting a call in September.
**I pretty much expect to see Samardzija again, unless his pain becomes so obvious he just gets shut down.
**I assume Strickland will swap 40 man spots with Cueto.
**Stratton will probably be back up.
**But Herb, Okert and Osich all look awful in AAA.
**Beede is injured, I don't know when or if he'll be back this season, but he wasn't looking that great either.
**Chase Johnson has looked decent in AA but he probably needs to be shut down for the year once August is finished.

I guess the Giants can get by with adding just three more pitchers, but how about some of the guys who will need protection this upcoming off season (AA or AAA, not looking at impending minor league free agents).
**Jordan Johnson. He was okay at AA but since his promotion to AAA he has gotten lit up. Not a September candidate.
**Tyler Cyr and Sam Coonrod. Cyr is done for the year and Coonrod is just now starting rehab at rookie ball after a year off.
**Ryan Halstead has been decent at AA and got a couple of games in at AAA. Outside chance.
**Dusten Knight has put up fairly good numbers at AA and also got some time at AAA. Probably better chance than Halstead of getting a cup.
**Jacob McCasland and Dillon McNamara. Two more guys at AA. McCasland is a career Giant farmhand that will probably be left exposed. McNamara is a free agent pick up last year who's done well at AA. Doubtful he gets a call up either.
**Dylan Rheault is on the AA dl but has not pitched that well. Definitely not.
**Cory Taylor has spent most of the year on the dl for AA. Had he been healthy for the season, he'd probably be at AAA.
**Logan Webb just got promoted to AA. Not a chance he's called up in September.
**Who did I miss? Tyler Rogers! He's only dominated since pitching in AAA the past two years. Its time to give him a chance.