• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8-2

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wimbush is shit? ... well, who recruited him? who plays him? who thinks he's the best they have on the team?
maybe it does get annoying, but with as many people who agree he's a lousy field coach isn't it possible YOU are wrong? haven't you seen enough of his play calling to consider he's not very good?

Point is Wimbush accuracy was a major factor in the large Miami halftime lead. It wasn't that the guys weren't ready. He missed a easy TD. Both of his ints should have been receptions for our guys but led to turnovers because his accuracy is horrific.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a plain old beatdown from a team that was prepared & on a mission in their house. I've compared this to the 2014 USC drubbing where Kelly just quit in the 3rd quarter, hence the team mailing it in.

Another ill-prepared Kelly & his team for the big stage. I'm sure there's some piss stains along Kelly's pant legs.

Looking at the resignation & listening to his words at half time, I figured we'd see a repeat in the 2nd half. Yup.

Wimbush seems like a Wimbust at this point. Yeah, he's young & learning, but when you see the fundamental mistakes this guy makes at Week 11 in the season, it's inexcusable. The guy is just not a passer (can't even complete a simple 5 yd toss pass to the flat), doesn't seem to have the mental capacity, stares down receivers, horrid/erratic accuracy, panics (happy feet) and doesn't know when to tuck it & run with resolve.

This was a total reality check with this whole team, last nite. ND wasn't ready for the Big Game ... again.

Sorry for @jjc2009 getting disappointed, yet again, while being able to see a game, in person, and witnessing a hot mess. Mebbe you should stop going to the games, ya jinx. :D
I agree. I told my wife next year for our anniversary get a puppy instead.

Besides what else am I gonna kick watching this shitshow.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't blame Kelly for everything.

He wasn't the inaccurate QB out there missing easy first downs which led to 2 turnovers.

He wasn't the inaccurate QB missing a wide open TD.

He wasn't the WR refusing to layout for a ball that should have been a TD.

Point is this blaming Kelly BS is getting annoying. The team was ready. Wimbush is just a shit QB. ND should have scored 7 in the first drive. Also those 2 Miami turnovers shouldn't have happened because both times he had his WR for a easy throw and his inaccuracy led to 2 interceptions.

Point is Wimbush accuracy was a major factor in the large Miami halftime lead. It wasn't that the guys weren't ready. He missed a easy TD. Both of his ints should have been receptions for our guys but led to turnovers because his accuracy is horrific.
Piss Pants Kelly & Wimbust were pathetic, last nite, and were major contributors with the 4-0 TO's that led to 24 Canes' pts.

Upon further review & thought ... I think this game was really decided by our OL. They played horribly and were getting whooped all nite long. They are designed to be 'road graters' and they suck at pass protection. Wimbush was harried the whole game, while Rozier had the luxury of protection. Couple that with the fact that OL couldn't get anything going on the ground - were constantly getting killed on 1st down run plays, leaving us in untenable, long 2nd & 3rd down situation where Miami just unleashed the pass rush.

Look at these stats ... they are pretty glaring and give a good indication of why Wimbust was under duress nearly every time he dropped back ... vs Rozier:

Screenshot (78)_LI.jpg

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question I'd like to see asked at Kelly's pressed:

Coach, does Mrs. Kelly pack an extra pair of pants when you shit yourself in these big road games?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know.

I'd like to say I'm shocked, but I'm so used to it by now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#9 in the AP as well.

If we win out (including the bowl game), are you guys considering this season successful? I know I am.

11-2 after the year we had last season is still damn good

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#9 in the AP as well.

If we win out (including the bowl game), are you guys considering this season successful? I know I am.

11-2 after the year we had last season is still damn good

So we win out, play Ohio State in the Fiesta bowl (Again), and get smoked. No thanks

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we win out, play Ohio State in the Fiesta bowl (Again), and get smoked. No thanks

Winning a bowl game is a must this season IMO.

Also I'm very interested to see how they respond in 2 weeks in another true road game vs a good team.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning a bowl game is a must this season IMO.

Also I'm very interested to see how they respond in 2 weeks in another true road game vs a good team.

Stanford isn't nearly as fast as Miami. Miami's speed is what took us by surprise.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford isn't nearly as fast as Miami. Miami's speed is what took us by surprise.

Miami's speed shouldn't have been a surprise it was on any game tape you watch. I don't know how long Kelly will be at Notre Dame but I doubt he'll get another extension.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami's speed shouldn't have been a surprise it was on any game tape you watch. I don't know how long Kelly will be at Notre Dame but I doubt he'll get another extension.

Well his contract is until 2021.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this may be true ... watching the speed on film is not the same as having to physically respond to it on the field.

aNDy Callahan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take 11-2 and feel like it was a good season. However, my gut feelings tell me this season will not end well. Stanford looked strong in their win over Washington, the Cardinal seem to have improved substantially defensively and the quarterback change to Costello seems to be paying off. ND needs to forget the Miami game and move on or Navy will beat us.We might win a bowl game if it is a secondary bowl game, but we will not be ready to play any opponent in a NY6 Bowl as long as Kelly is our coach.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tired of being disappointed year after year. I thought that Elko and Long might be enough to win in spite of having Kelly leading the way, but I'm not so sure.

I place the blame on Kelly. I know he didn't throw the interceptions or drop the passes, or fail to block, but it all goes back to him. His teams almost always fail to show up in big games. Sure we beat a U$C or a Stanford every few years, but that's only because they prove to be as inconsistent as we are. In big time games against teams that really prove to be top teams at the END of the season we don't just lose, but we're dominated. We recruit talent close to some of the top teams, but not enough of our talent develops fully in their time at ND.

I've complained about this read option running game since the Clemson game several years ago. It was exposed then as a running game that is too slow to develop. It works against inferior competition when our bigger line and superior backs can simply overpower and outrun the opposition. However, it's exposed any time we play against an aggressive defense with speed. Clemson, UGA and Miami were often in our backfield almost before our QB was able to make the read.

I will say that if ND can win their last two regular season games and make it to a major bowl game and finally WIN, I will consider this a successful season. We need a TOP 10 finish. Anything short of that and thing Kelly needs to go (although I know he won't).

Personally, I feel like Kelly has taken us as far as he can. He's made us a "good" team/program. Good doesn't cut it though and he's had long enough to take us to the next level, but he hasn't been able to do it.

In fact, here's a list of Power 5 coaches that I'd take over BK (although I know most of them wouldn't give up their current gig to come to South Bend).

Justin Fuente
Mark Richt
David Cutcliffe
Dabo Swinney
Jimbo Fisher
Lincoln Riley
Bob Stoops
Gary Patterson
Bill Snyder
Paul Chryst
Kirk Ferentz
Pat Fitzgerald
James Franklin
Mark Dantonio (although I can't stand him)
Jim Harbaugh (although I can't stand him)
Urban Meyer (although I can't stand him)
Kyle Whittingham
David Shaw
Chris Petersen
Kirby Smart
Kevin Sumlin (maybe) He's won at least 8 games the last 3 years in the SEC
Jim McElwain (maybe) He's available
Gus Malzahn
Dan Mullen
Nick Saban (obviously)

This list doesn't even include coaches that I think are better coaches, but I wouldn't want because of other baggage (Ex. Petrino, KIffin, Leach, etc.), assistant coaches like Greg Schiano or coaches from mid major conferences. I've also left off a few like Tom Herman and P.J. Fleck who haven't proven themselves long term enough yet. You may disagree with some of these, but I think we can agree that there are a lot of coaches that would be an upgrade over BK. There are 25 coaches on that list. I don't think there are 25 CFB jobs better than ND. My point is that I find it hard to believe that we couldn't throw enough money at a handful of these coaches and convince them to come to South Bend. Why wouldn't one of those SEC coaches jump at the chance to get out of the SEC where it's nearly impossible to win the SEC while Saban is there.

GO IRISH!

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there are 25 CFB jobs better than ND. My point is that I find it hard to believe that we couldn't throw enough money at a handful of these coaches and convince them to come to South Bend. Why wouldn't one of those SEC coaches jump at the chance to get out of the SEC where it's nearly impossible to win the SEC while Saban is there.

GO IRISH!
Great post and I'll address your concluding point.

I believe many of these coaches may be 'turned off' from the ND job, because ND puts so much emphasis on academics, principles & grad rates. You can read between the lines on that, but I think most ND fans catch the drift at what I'm getting at.