• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/18/17 1st pick @ 2nd pick

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Span cf
Pence rf
Parker lf
Posey c
Sandoval 3b
Crawford as
Jones 1b
Tomlinson 2b
Moore sp

And the Giants already lead 4-0.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there's one team that can make Moore look like not a pile of dogshit.

Phillies are way worse than we are even if the records aren't far apart. Giants may sweep.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there's one team that can make Moore look like not a pile of dogshit.

Phillies are way worse than we are even if the records aren't far apart. Giants may sweep.
I don't think there is much question that this Giants team is better than its record. There is a lot of talent there.

But that talent is getting older, thus my opinion that we need higher draft picks.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore pitched very well against a AAAA team. But why would Noggin leave him in? He's at 100 pitches. Nice job, have a seat. Instead, we get two singles and a walk to load the bases. Moore was not going to pitch the CG shutout. OK, so with a six run lead, he gets some leash. But why chance it?

Annnnnd right on cue, Gearrin allows two more inherited runners to score.

Part of the Dodgers' impressive run is that their relievers rarely face runners on, their starters are removed before they get into trouble later in the game. And they can hit, but that's another story.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore pitched very well against a AAAA team. But why would Noggin leave him in? He's at 100 pitches. Nice job, have a seat. Instead, we get two singles and a walk to load the bases.

Part of the Dodgers' impressive run is that their relievers rarely face runners on, their starters are removed before they get into trouble later in the game. And they can hit, but that's another story.
What is Bochy thinking with Gearrin? "Gee, Gearrin has to figure this inherited runner thing any day now."
Meanwhile, Gearrin is thinking, "I've got it made! Work the kinks out with the first couple of hitters each night and settle in and my ERA will be pristine. They'll never get rid of me this way!"
Oh, and the Giants are the only team to not throw a shutout at home this year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore pitched very well against a AAAA team. But why would Noggin leave him in? He's at 100 pitches. Nice job, have a seat. Instead, we get two singles and a walk to load the bases. Moore was not going to pitch the CG shutout. OK, so with a six run lead, he gets some leash. But why chance it?

Oh good, it wouldn't be a Giants win without Stokes bitching about something. :heh:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a hard job, but someone has to do it.

Do they really, though?
tenor.gif

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos drives in a run and scores another.Gorky's hits into a double play and is a defensive butcher. What are the CBA ces that Gorky's stays in defensively in the 9thinstead of Carlos?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Stokes1931 , how is the team RISP lookin today?

You already know this, but 4-13

Our season long problem has not really been average with RISP, which, as Cal pointed out recently is pretty decent (I think it is .270). It was a huge problem early on in the season, as they ended May hitting below .240 with RISP.

The compounding problem is a complete and utter lack of power. It takes the Giants three hits to score a run, and they have been woefully unable to do that often enough this year. They are dead last in most offensive categories like runs and slugging percentage.

Post ASB has looked better for RISP (.283), and they have increased their scoring from 3.9 to 4.1 runs/game, and they have gone from giving up 5.1 to 4.5 a game.

Last year's offense was not great, but they scored 715 runs. In order to catch them, the Giants will have to average 6 runs a game to finish the season. Including tonight, they are at 500 runs scored, and 604 given up.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos drives in a run and scores another.Gorky's hits into a double play and is a defensive butcher. What are the CBA ces that Gorky's stays in defensively in the 9thinstead of Carlos?
Pretty high apparently. And stupid autocorrect!

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You already know this, but 4-13

Our season long problem has not really been average with RISP, which, as Cal pointed out recently is pretty decent (I think it is .270). It was a huge problem early on in the season, as they ended May hitting below .240 with RISP.

The compounding problem is a complete and utter lack of power. It takes the Giants three hits to score a run, and they have been woefully unable to do that often enough this year. They are dead last in most offensive categories like runs and slugging percentage.

Post ASB has looked better for RISP (.283), and they have increased their scoring from 3.9 to 4.1 runs/game, and they have gone from giving up 5.1 to 4.5 a game.

Last year's offense was not great, but they scored 715 runs. In order to catch them, the Giants will have to average 6 runs a game to finish the season. Including tonight, they are at 500 runs scored, and 604 given up.
I wasn' t paying attention. Thought it would be better. Lots of extra base hits tonight, which has been a nice change.