• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8-1

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but not pretty toward the end for the D. it's like they didn't care once they had the big lead. not happy.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but not pretty toward the end for the D. it's like they didn't care once they had the big lead. not happy.

Agreed, I'm not happy either.

Wake scored 37, and had almost 600 yards of offense. It's actually embarrassing.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake have been playing better offensively and when Adams is cleared to play and doesn't it kind of sets the tone for how serious they were taking Wake at that point and the game was never in doubt even when Notre Dame took the foot off the peddle.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up to #3 in the AP poll. This is pretty shocking since I really don’t think we are that good. But I honestly don’t see any super teams this year. This could be the year when any of 5-6 teams could get hot and win it all.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up to #3 in the AP poll. This is pretty shocking since I really don’t think we are that good. But I honestly don’t see any super teams this year. This could be the year when any of 5-6 teams could get hot and win it all.

You don't?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think anyone is a super teams this year either and I also haven't seen too many if any teams that are any better than this Notre Dame team. I think this is the kind of year most expected last season but things got off the rails and they seem to be back on this year.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't?

I’ve been watching ND football for about 50 years. Some years I think they are going to be great, other years I think they have some shortcomings. This year I was predicting a 10-2 regular season, and I always predict a bowl win. But I never anticipated that a 10-2 record would get you into the playoffs. Also, while I think our defense has improved greatly since last year, we are currently ranked #50 in total defense (and gave up 587 yards to Wake Forest). The teams that rank #1, #2,and #4 in the AP poll are ranked 2,4 and 13 in total defense. I’m glad we are ranked this high, and am thrilled at the prospect of making it to the playoff, and I will undoubtedly be confident that we will win it once we get in, but I honestly thought we would need a win against against Miami and maybe even Stanford to get into the playoff picture. With respect to winning the playoff, I think Wimbush continues to improve, and think he will get a lot better before the end of the year, and I think next year will be a great year for him. But I don’t think there are any great teams this year which is why I think we have a solid chance once we make it in.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake put up some gawdy numbers against our defense, but Wolford did play against this Elko defense in practice over the last several years, so he probably had a familiarity that other qb's and teams don't have. I also wonder if the coaching staff there has such an understanding of his defense that it allowed them to put together an ideal game plan?

Our offense was pretty darn good considering we got almost nothing from Adams. I feel like we've seen this team get better just about every week. I feel like the coaching staff has done a great job this year as players and units have made nice progress throughout the course of the season.

Going into this past week, I didn't know if I felt like we had a top 4 team, or just a top 4 resume. However, after seeing U$C and MSU beat quality teams and NC State hang with Clemson, I feel really good about our performances against those teams and I feel like we may have a really legit team this year.

GO IRISH! ONWARD TO VICTORY!

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my 2 cents...

-I really wish the Defense didn't do what they did. There is now a game plan out there on how to beat this defense. They gave up a shit ton of yards and points. Maybe they didn't care or played down, but fuck...
-WR have to be better and hold onto the ball. These drops are pathetic at times. Wim also has to be A LOT better. How many times did he throw the ball into the hands of the defender who was right in front of him? His reads are terrible at times and sucks at the long ball....IDK...call me crazy, but I think Ian Book is the better QB and should get a chance next off-season. Make Wim an RB or a WR.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my 2 cents...

-I really wish the Defense didn't do what they did. There is now a game plan out there on how to beat this defense. They gave up a shit ton of yards and points. Maybe they didn't care or played down, but fuck...
-WR have to be better and hold onto the ball. These drops are pathetic at times. Wim also has to be A LOT better. How many times did he throw the ball into the hands of the defender who was right in front of him? His reads are terrible at times and sucks at the long ball....IDK...call me crazy, but I think Ian Book is the better QB and should get a chance next off-season. Make Wim an RB or a WR.

Ian Book is a better pure QB. But Wimbush fits our offense, which is a run first offense. He's maybe the most dangerous QB in the country when he runs. He's still hesitant in the pocket, he holds onto the ball a little too long. But he's getting better.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Book is a better pure QB. But Wimbush fits our offense, which is a run first offense. He's maybe the most dangerous QB in the country when he runs. He's still hesitant in the pocket, he holds onto the ball a little too long. But he's getting better.

IB took off a few times and was successful. No need to be a QB run team first when you have that OL and 3/4 solid RB who can break it for 60+ anytime. Sure it's nice to have a QB who can do that, but we don't need a Wimbush to do it. If that's the case, make him a RB and use the wildcat. His lack of recognizing what is out there and holding onto the ball is going to derail this team at some point. Just my opinion....Once you get to the playoffs or a solid bowl game, teams are going to force him to throw the ball.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IB took off a few times and was successful. No need to be a QB run team first when you have that OL and 3/4 solid RB who can break it for 60+ anytime. Sure it's nice to have a QB who can do that, but we don't need a Wimbush to do it. If that's the case, make him a RB and use the wildcat. His lack of recognizing what is out there and holding onto the ball is going to derail this team at some point. Just my opinion....Once you get to the playoffs or a solid bowl game, teams are going to force him to throw the ball.

I think Book is ahead of Wimbush as a passer right now, but Wimbush has a higher ceiling, and despite his performance, has shown improvement on some of his reads, and has shown more patience.

He made some nice passes on routes that require patience in the pocket, esp. over the middle stuff where you have to wait to clear out LB's and secondary to hit the target.

On the quicker deep throws, he tends to come up short, and the closer quick throws, he tends to over-throw. Against a good secondary and LB corp, like we'll see Sat., those could be picks.

NOTE, I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THAT GAY TURNOVER CHAIN, EVEN ONCE ON SAT. I JUST WANT TO HEAR THE BROADCASTERS BLAB ABOUT IT AND THEN COMPLIMENT ND FOR KEEPING IT HIDDEN,.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like book too, but he's no sure thing. he's had mild success to this point but to project his whole future on that is silly. right now wimbush is clearly the man to have at qb. if i hadn't seen good improvement in wimbush the past 3 or 4 games i might feel differently but it's be crazy to supplant him now.