• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7 rd mock draft from Bleached report today

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea for sure, but without the previous publicity, wouldn't have been an issue. Not a Talib type incident. ;)

Very true. Just the fact that after all the public outcry from his first incident for him to then go do that makes me question how much he really learned from the first one. I love the talent don't get me wrong. He would be a nice upgrade to so many parts of our offense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my mock was...

1) Forrest Lamp, OT, Western Kentucky
2) Traded up a bit because realistically he won't make it to our 2nd round pick but Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
3) Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
4) Ryan Switzer, WR/PR/KR, North Carolina
5) Jamaal Williams, RB, BYU
6) Jalen Myrick, CB, Minnesota
7a) Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M
7b) Michael Dunn, OT, Maryland
7c) Josh Tupou, NT, Colorado

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my mock was...

1) Forrest Lamp, OT, Western Kentucky
2) Traded up a bit because realistically he won't make it to our 2nd round pick but Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
3) Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
4) Ryan Switzer, WR/PR/KR, North Carolina
5) Jamaal Williams, RB, BYU
6) Jalen Myrick, CB, Minnesota
7a) Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M
7b) Michael Dunn, OT, Maryland
7c) Josh Tupou, NT, Colorado
Good overall. Not sold on Engram as " all around " Te though. Obviously extremely talented as receiver but knock I'm hearing is weight and blocking . Those can be fixed though. #5..... Like the Texas rb ( can't think of name right now . Is it Davenport ? ) over Williams but very similar running styles and build if memory serves me right. Like both Robinson and Lamp. Like Lamp more. Just based on what I've seen, and strictly just looking at highlights,etc, although Robinson looks naturally gifted at position, I like Lamps tenacity and motor more. Think either one,though would like to see both have year to develop, would prob have to start day one just because Denver is so lacking at position. Like the focus on O line and run stopper guys up front on D and like wr Switzer a lot in 4.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foreman. Rb from Texas. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good overall. Not sold on Engram as " all around " Te though. Obviously extremely talented as receiver but knock I'm hearing is weight and blocking . Those can be fixed though. #5..... Like the Texas rb ( can't think of name right now . Is it Davenport ? ) over Williams but very similar running styles and build if memory serves me right. Like both Robinson and Lamp. Like Lamp more. Just based on what I've seen, and strictly just looking at highlights,etc, although Robinson looks naturally gifted at position, I like Lamps tenacity and motor more. Think either one,though would like to see both have year to develop, would prob have to start day one just because Denver is so lacking at position. Like the focus on O line and run stopper guys up front on D and like wr Switzer a lot in 4.

Thanks. I guess I operated with the idea that Foreman was already gone in this mock. I like Foreman and wouldn't mind one bit seeing him on the Broncos. I will say with Foreman my big concern is that he is not much of a receiver so you are looking at a 2-down RB only. I like my guys just a bit more versatile and I think Jamal Wiliams offers that.

And Engram to me one of the biggest issues of our offense last year was no threat over the middle of the field. Just go back and watch the safeties of opposing teams and it is criminal how much they cheated to the outside to contain Sanders and DT. There was no respect to what our guys could do over the middle. Right now to me there is no bigger threat in this entire draft over the middle than that of Engram. Yes he is more of a receiving threat than a good blocker but he has shown some willingness in the blocking game and to me he just replaces having maybe that slot WR on the field. So could go 2-TE but with Engram being a move TE so gives us a bigger body instead of the slot WR types. I just want a receiving option at the TE position again.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Steve!

I'm not as high on Robinson as many are, but OL are impossible for me to judge. I'd gladly take Mixon in the 2nd. My OU friends say he hasn't been trouble since the suspension and has been a good teammate. Switzer? About time!

Overall, I'd be pleased.

Your OU friends need to get with it though. I like Mixon too but he has been in trouble since his suspension. Unless you're talking about his last suspension in November, which is pretty current.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Cam Robinson being their in round 1 for us. I would be pretty surprised. If he is and we get him at pick 20 I would do cart wheels.

Jalen Myrick will be over drafted IMO, due to his speed. I like him in round 5/6 where Carl has him, but I bet he goes no later then rd 4 because of his workout stuff. I wouldn't even be shocked to see someone take him at the end of round 3. He sorta reminds me of TJ Green from last year. Average up and down player, great workout guy who people see the tools he has and falls in love.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Cam Robinson being their in round 1 for us. I would be pretty surprised. If he is and we get him at pick 20 I would do cart wheels.

Jalen Myrick will be over drafted IMO, due to his speed. I like him in round 5/6 where Carl has him, but I bet he goes no later then rd 4 because of his workout stuff. I wouldn't even be shocked to see someone take him at the end of round 3. He sorta reminds me of TJ Green from last year. Average up and down player, great workout guy who people see the tools he has and falls in love.

his pendulum is swinging back up it seems :(

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get Robinson at 20 I will personally wheel you around in the grocery cart at the local Fareway, Nick.

Deal is on! Ill even get a pacifier for ya. ;)

We will also provide pics on the Broncos SportsHoopla board.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I guess I operated with the idea that Foreman was already gone in this mock. I like Foreman and wouldn't mind one bit seeing him on the Broncos. I will say with Foreman my big concern is that he is not much of a receiver so you are looking at a 2-down RB only. I like my guys just a bit more versatile and I think Jamal Wiliams offers that.

And Engram to me one of the biggest issues of our offense last year was no threat over the middle of the field. Just go back and watch the safeties of opposing teams and it is criminal how much they cheated to the outside to contain Sanders and DT. There was no respect to what our guys could do over the middle. Right now to me there is no bigger threat in this entire draft over the middle than that of Engram. Yes he is more of a receiving threat than a good blocker but he has shown some willingness in the blocking game and to me he just replaces having maybe that slot WR on the field. So could go 2-TE but with Engram being a move TE so gives us a bigger body instead of the slot WR types. I just want a receiving option at the TE position again.
Agree that we need a wr 3 big time. Your exactly right that in passing game defense's weren't to worried past Sanders and DT. I still think a guy like McCafferty could fill that role and then hopefully your confident enough in Huerman or the guy we got from NE or a Te in 3-4 rd that has decent hands and strong blkg skills that I think they can find in this pretty decent TE class without spending a 1-2 on Te . The running game is going to be the key anyway to open up passing game regardless who we get to fill the wr 3 spot. :) Hopefully they bat a 1000 in both categories.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that we need a wr 3 big time. Your exactly right that in passing game defense's weren't to worried past Sanders and DT. I still think a guy like McCafferty could fill that role and then hopefully your confident enough in Huerman or the guy we got from NE or a Te in 3-4 rd that has decent hands and strong blkg skills that I think they can find in this pretty decent TE class without spending a 1-2 on Te . The running game is going to be the key anyway to open up passing game regardless who we get to fill the wr 3 spot. :) Hopefully they bat a 1000 in both categories.

I'll do a cartwheel if we bat 625.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta learn some slang Mingo!

I can teach ya! Right thurr.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
carl and i talk about mixon and do a 7 round mock on our pod! lol

My mock was
1. Cam Robinson OT/OG Alabama
2. Curtis Samuel WR/RB/OW Ohio State
3. Sidney Jones CB Washington
3c. Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell
4. Samaje Perine RB Oklahoma
5c. Jonnu Smith TE/WR Florida International
6. DJ Jones NT/DT Ole Miss
7. Javancy Jones Edge/Off Ball LB Jackson State
7ci. Isaac Rochell DT/DE Notre Dame
7cii. Brandon Bell Off Ball LB Penn State

Would LOVE to see Sid Jones in the 3rd. I don't see it happening, though. I think we may have to move up in the 2nd to see that.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would LOVE to see Sid Jones in the 3rd. I don't see it happening, though. I think we may have to move up in the 2nd to see that.
I don't know, from what I'm hearing with injury Jones suffered in pro day,he prob won't be ready till late 2017 and possibly not till following season. He was top of 1st rd in most mocks but not totally inconceivable he makes it to top of 3rd at most. More than likely he's a Jaylen Smith type scenario for a few teams. He is definitely worth serious 1st rd consideration still.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, from what I'm hearing with injury Jones suffered in pro day,he prob won't be ready till late 2017 and possibly not till following season. He was top of 1st rd in most mocks but not totally inconceivable he makes it to top of 3rd at most. More than likely he's a Jaylen Smith type scenario for a few teams. He is definitely worth serious 1st rd consideration still.

Jaylen Smith was an early 2nd rounder, so that's kind of where I am putting Sid right now. I know reports were looming that he may have been able to play towards the end of last season (right before the draft last year), and Sidney is much less likely to be ready until 2018. Plus, he wasn't as highly touted as Jaylen (but he was flying up the boards before the injury, so that may have been debated). But I think his talent is worth it the shot. Especially considering our depth at CB. I would love it if we pulled the trigger in the 3rd for him. I really wouldn't mind it too much if we got him in the 2nd.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylen Smith was an early 2nd rounder, so that's kind of where I am putting Sid right now. I know reports were looming that he may have been able to play towards the end of last season (right before the draft last year), and Sidney is much less likely to be ready until 2018. Plus, he wasn't as highly touted as Jaylen (but he was flying up the boards before the injury, so that may have been debated). But I think his talent is worth it the shot. Especially considering our depth at CB. I would love it if we pulled the trigger in the 3rd for him. I really wouldn't mind it too much if we got him in the 2nd.
Sounds like we're on same page. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I view it as do you really think McCaffrey is a good blocker? Because you are wanting to put him into that WR 3 spot and if you haven't watched him try to block it isn't the prettiest part of his game that is for sure. Engram isn't a great blocker either but I would say he has a better chance when we go those 3-wide type looks (he will play a more move/slot TE role for us) to have success if asked to block. I also like his upside in the red zone to be a more impact guy than McCaffrey.

I would also say that with my mock you have improved the run game by adding an OL known as a very good run blocker. Cam Robinson is the better power blocker of the two so either one would be fine by me to fill in that LT spot. So you have maybe upgraded our biggest weakness on the team with that 1st round pick and still added a playmaker in with Curtis Samuel (very much in the same mold as McCaffrey) or Engram to really attack the middle of the field in some different ways. McCaffrey is going to take our 1st round pick to get him. So how is that improving our run game? You are not going to find as good of a run blocker as Lamp or Robinson in the 2nd round.

Yeah I'm hoping we bat a 1000 as well. Really to me if you improve one you've improved the other. A middle of the field 3rd option in the pass game makes teams have to respect parts of the field they didn't before. If we improve the run game well it opens up plenty in the passing game as teams have to worry about our run game. I guess to me I just like a couple of the OT's in this class more than some. I know they have flaws but I'm willing to take a chance with our coaching staff in place that they can train the player up to have success.