• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7 Games In With Mixed Results

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is only 7 games in, so too early to worry.And we are 5-2. I stayed up both nights .What I see so far is a much more imaginative offense and much better fundamental baseball being played, especially on the bases. Someone said Kinsler has a chip on his shoulder...I hope it stays there. As far as infield defense, what are you going to do? Iglesias is out for the year.

My problem is that they got this Ed Gonzalez guy at short (oh, my bad, his name is Alex. it's just that I keep looking at the bottom of the box score and keep seeing E-Gonzalez...). Just let Jeff Romine play the position. Even on that bad throw into CF from Victor that eluded Gonzalez on the attempted steal was poor effort by Gonzalez. He should have caught it, in my opinion. I am a little biased because, as anyone will agree, V-Mart is a gem.Nice blast Nick Castellanos!

Then all winter long I keep telling my wife "Honey, no more "Roller Coaster" (Todd Jones"), no more freaky clownish hair- styled joker loading the bases in the 9th on every save opportunity (Jose Valverde), we are getting REAL closer.

They say Joe Nathan has a "dead arm". Either that or he got mixed up and thought the game ENDED with batting practice instead of started with it. He was 39 for 39 in save opportunities against the Tigers. Here's one outside the box...Maybe a hypnotist can convince him in his own mind that he is playing AGAINST us and not for us!

Then there is this cat with nine lives. Larry Coke. (oh, my bad AGAIN, I keep seeing L-Coke at the bottom of many of the same box scores...). I thought he had nude pictures of Leyland's wife in his wallet the last few years. Turns out that they must have been Dombrowski's wife. She is a lot younger and considerably more attractive so we may be seeing Larry (or is it Moe or Curly?) for quite a while yet...

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is so early and there have been some glaring weekness, mostly the BP. But could u imagine the shit here if we were 2-5......there are a lot of new faces and it will take some time to get it together. ....I like most of what I've seen got to hope the BP comes around. ....