• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all woke on the Sixers yet?:dhd:

Not much been different from the regular season meetings to be honest with you.

Sixers just been better late in games.

The 4th quarter decided 2 of the 4 games

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat you had been as critical as anyone about the Sixers and "the Process" led by Sam Hinkie.

After seeing the talent they have, their cap situation, their future picks, etc. are you now willing to change your tune?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat you had been as critical as anyone about the Sixers and "the Process" led by Sam Hinkie.

After seeing the talent they have, their cap situation, their future picks, etc. are you now willing to change your tune?

He already said no which I understand from his perspective. Spending shit load of money yearly on season tickets

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On a recent podcast, someone talked about how GMs/Execs (Exec of the Year) should not determined based on recent work. (in most cases) It often takes years to see the results from a good GM.

Would be hilarious for Sam Hinkie to win this year. (but that's not an option)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already said no which I understand from his perspective. Spending shit load of money yearly on season tickets
he was just telling us how he sells his tickets half the time----

does the guy even watch games anymore?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was just telling us how he sells his tickets half the time----

does the guy even watch games anymore?

Yeah.

You don't have to be in the arena to watch games.

You do know this right?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I completely get his perspective. Having watched the Lakers go through their own "process", I've had fun watching the kids develop. But I usually go to 3-4 games a year and watch the rest on tv.

If I was shelling out season ticket money, I'm not sure I'd have enjoyed it nearly as much.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I completely get his perspective. Having watched the Lakers go through their own "process", I've had fun watching the kids develop. But I usually go to 3-4 games a year and watch the rest on tv.

If I was shelling out season ticket money, I'm not sure I'd have enjoyed it nearly as much.
Personally, id rather have my team try and go for it rather than just be decent/solid- but thats me. No one makes anyone buy season tickets every single year ya know? I realize you can lose them, but i dunno.

Id rather be a Philly fan and take the 3-4 years of tanking for 4-5 years of greatness. But thats just me.

I mean- right now could you even imagine the hype in LA if the Lakers had an amazing young core Simmons, Embiid, Saric, Covington and Fultz? It would be a madhouse and LeBron would be counting down the days till his private jet was wheels up to LAX.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once upon a time a sport called basketball was invented.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, id rather have my team try and go for it rather than just be decent/solid- but thats me. No one makes anyone buy season tickets every single year ya know? I realize you can lose them, but i dunno.

Id rather be a Philly fan and take the 3-4 years of tanking for 4-5 years of greatness. But thats just me.

I mean- right now could you even imagine the hype in LA if the Lakers had an amazing young core Simmons, Embiid, Saric, Covington and Fultz? It would be a madhouse and LeBron would be counting down the days till his private jet was wheels up to LAX.

You do realize this Philly thing isn't a lock if you screw up on draft picks right or if your draft picks turn out to be ok players instead of superstars?

There's too much that must go right for this Philly plan to work.

Not every player in the lottery turns out to be Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize this Philly thing isn't a lock if you screw up on draft picks right or if your draft picks turn out to be ok players instead of superstars?

oh you are right without a doubt...look who you are talking to...lol.....the Cavs did their best to acquire as many lotto picks as they could--- and since the first LeBron era started- look at hte list---- LeBron, Kyrie, Waiters, TT, Bennett, Wiggins---- as i said the other day- drafting in the top 5 you get an all star about 40% of the time. You need the right pick in the right draft.

However, chances are, if you are tanking for a good 3-4 seasons like Philly, and adding extra draft picks, you are eventually going to land one of those superstars. Did they maybe get luck getting BOTH Embiid and Simmons? Maybe, but they only got Embiid because of injury issues. For every Embiid and Simmons there is an Okafor and Fultz.

However, if you give yourself enough opportunities picking in the lotto- eventually you are going to hit big time. They were patient and thats what they did.

Its why tanking even for a season or two guarantees you pretty much nothing...tanking for 3-4 seasons, renting out your cap room for additional picks, trading players for picks-- like Philly did- gives you more bullets.

Philly saved up and acquired a LOT of bullets in their 3-4 years of tanking-- and when you have that many bullets you are bound to hit the target a couple times.

The Cavs missed big time a few times--- but at least got Bron and KI and Wiggins. OKC was both extremely good at drafting and extremely lucky- hitting over and over again with Durant, RW, Harden, Ibaka etc.--- but you need the right pick in the right draft.

Its why I look at hte Lakers, and while I acknowledge there is- somewhere between, I think, a 30-40% chance he goes there in the offseason- its hard for me to believe so - becuase despite the Lakers being bad for the past 5 or so seasons- they have only Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Julius Randle, and Kuzma to really show for it. I think some of those guys could be very good players- but there isnt one surefire all star among them like a Bron or KI, or Simmons or Embiid or RW or Durant or Harden or even Wiggins...the Lakers kind of got unlucky in that regard.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some are Nerlens Noel, Jahlil Okafor. We know.

It's hilarious.

Even during this beat down we are giving you, you still can't see it.

:pound:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh you are right without a doubt...look who you are talking to...lol.....the Cavs did their best to acquire as many lotto picks as they could--- and since the first LeBron era started- look at hte list---- LeBron, Kyrie, Waiters, TT, Bennett, Wiggins---- as i said the other day- drafting in the top 5 you get an all star about 40% of the time. You need the right pick in the right draft.

However, chances are, if you are tanking for a good 3-4 seasons like Philly, and adding extra draft picks, you are eventually going to land one of those superstars. Did they maybe get luck getting BOTH Embiid and Simmons? Maybe, but they only got Embiid because of injury issues. For every Embiid and Simmons there is an Okafor and Fultz.

However, if you give yourself enough opportunities picking in the lotto- eventually you are going to hit big time. They were patient and thats what they did.

Its why tanking even for a season or two guarantees you pretty much nothing...tanking for 3-4 seasons, renting out your cap room for additional picks, trading players for picks-- like Philly did- gives you more bullets.

Philly saved up and acquired a LOT of bullets in their 3-4 years of tanking-- and when you have that many bullets you are bound to hit the target a couple times.

The Cavs missed big time a few times--- but at least got Bron and KI and Wiggins. OKC was both extremely good at drafting and extremely lucky- hitting over and over again with Durant, RW, Harden, Ibaka etc.--- but you need the right pick in the right draft.

Its why I look at hte Lakers, and while I acknowledge there is- somewhere between, I think, a 30-40% chance he goes there in the offseason- its hard for me to believe so - becuase despite the Lakers being bad for the past 5 or so seasons- they have only Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Julius Randle, and Kuzma to really show for it. I think some of those guys could be very good players- but there isnt one surefire all star among them like a Bron or KI, or Simmons or Embiid or RW or Durant or Harden or even Wiggins...the Lakers kind of got unlucky in that regard.
Sixers didn't just tank. They made killer trades. They developed young players. They built a winning culture while absorbing seemingly endless losses. It won't always work, but the sixers did it the right way all the way around, and that's what it takes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers didn't just tank. They made killer trades. They developed young players. They built a winning culture while absorbing seemingly endless losses. It won't always work, but the sixers did it the right way all the way around, and that's what it takes.
well same with the Cavs to a certain extent. The Sixers and Cavs did a lot of the same things. Both absorbed bad money for picks. The only reason the Cavs got Kyrie was they took Baron Davis' terrible contract from the Clippers. The Cavs had the #3 and #8 positions in that lotto- and it was the #8 position that actually hit big and became Kyrie.

Like I said- both teams did everything they could to add more bullets- since there are just about zero guarantees.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hilarious.

oh yah i had forgotten about Noel....good call. For every Simmins and Embiid - there is a bust like an Okafor or Noel. For every LeBron or Kyrie or Wiggins there is a Bennett or Waiters or TT.

unless you are the Thunder and hit big time over and over again with Durant, RW, Harden--- and even to a certain extent Ibaka.

or you could be like the Kings and perpetually strike out for the most part- though Cousins was a talented pick, and I think Fox was a good pick as well.

The Lakers had three #2's and a #6 and got Ball, Ingram, Russell, Randle.....its kind of bad luck not to get one totally elite talent with all that draft capital but they took Russell over Porzingis (which i would have prob done at the time in their defense), Ball over Tatum (which- i think i prob/maybe would have done in their defense at the time), etc.....even Ingram I think was the consensus #2 pick in his draft----- its why you need to be both lucky and good, and get the right picks IN THE RIGHT drafts.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hilarious.

Beat down? What series are you watching?

Outside of game 1, all the games were close and could have been won by either team. The difference in those 3 games were a huge quarter.

Game 2- Huge 2nd quarter by Miami
Games 3 & 4- Huge 4th quarters from Philly.

Anyone with a brain would tell you this has been a competitive a series. Clearly you don't have a brain though

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Saric trade was a great one with the Magic if I remember correctly.

The Fultz deal was not so great though in retrospecet- though Fultz is only 19 years old.....

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is ironic because the Heat are the more experienced team. I already thought the Heat, even as experienced as they are, would have trouble with the Sixers' talent.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is ironic because the Heat are the more experienced team. I already thought the Heat, even as experienced as they are, would have trouble with the Sixers' talent.

Yep I'm just disappointed with how game 4 played out. That was a game we should have won.

Sucks but that's life