• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was at the bar during the game, i think i saw an early call against I want to say Winslow, when he went up for a layup, but somehow an offensive foul was called, maybe it wasn't against him, i was at DC bar where Sixers - Heat wasn't the main attraction. Granted, after the, I saw the same questionable calls on both sides, of course, I groaned at everyone that went against the sixers and nodded for everyone they got. The refs will be the refs, I'm sure there's some coaching and some acting by players that goes into it, but it's bull shit either way.

I remember that. Not sure if it was the same game or not but I’m still sore about Wade scoring a garbage time basket on opening night like 7-8 years ago.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ericd7633

These are the guys who are pretty much the consensus top 5 picks in the draft---- I think all would have pretty easily have gone #1 last year. How would you rank them?

-M. Bamba
-M. Bagley III
-L. Doncic
-D. Ayton
-J. Jackson Jr.

as for the very very good second tier....do you have any thoughts?

-T. Young
-M. Porter Jr.
-C. Sexton
-W. Carter Jr.
-Mikal Bridges
-Miles Bridges

There are at LEAST these 11 very very good prospects in this draft. I dont know if i have ever seen a draft this deep and talented- at least not in a long long time

I haven't seen Doncic play, but by every indication, he's going to be a special player. Because of that, I'll leave him off my rankings, while acknowledging that he could be a future star. As far as your tier 1 players, I'd rank them as follows:

1. D. Ayton
2. M. Bagley Jr.
3. J. Jackson Jr.
4. M. Bamba

As for your next tier, I'm not as high on Miles Bridges as others are. I think he's somewhat positionless at the next level, despite the way the game is being played now. I think he'll need to be in a very good situation(think small ball 4) for him to be at his best.

As far as rankings are concerned, I'd go:

1. T. Young
2. C. Sexton
3. M. Porter Jr.
4. Mikal Bridges
5. W. Carter Jr.
6. Miles Bridges

Two guys you didn't mention were Zhaire Smith and Shai Gilgeous Alexander. I think both are better prospects than W. Carter Jr. and Miles Bridges.

As far as the Sixers, I'm not really sure who we'd take. Our backcourt bench is extremely young with TJ, Fultz, Korkmaz, TLC and Justin Anderson. At that point would we give up on a guy like Korkmaz or TLC? That's really the main problem, I guess if you want to say it like that, is I can't really see a top 10 pick being a significant contributor next year, if most the pieces come back. If Mikal Bridges is there, I'd like that pick or Zhaire Smith. Or maybe we can reach a little bit assuming we do get the Lakers pick and take a guy like Jontay Porter.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been there done that, think it's something maybe you need to work on. judging by your work, we're not holding our chords.
I never hold grudges and always take the high road.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 @Heatles84
In reflection, sucks we ended up playing Philly.
Hottest team in the NBA, healthy except for the 2 games Embiid missed, and added the most at the trade deadline ( for nothing).
Heat has nothing to be ashamed of.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 @Heatles84
Hottest team in the NBA, healthy except for the 2 games Embiid missed, and added the most at the trade deadline ( for nothing).

Yep just sad. I would have preferred Toronto over this team even though I think Toronto beat us as well.

Oh well, as you said nothing to be ashamed of. Not like we're getting embarrassed or anything. They're just better.

I'm just happy they gave me 2 more weeks of basketball this season. Hopefully they can somehow win game 5 and give us one more home game

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep just sad. I would have preferred Toronto over this team even though I think Toronto beat us as well.

Oh well, as you said nothing to be ashamed of. Not like we're getting embarrassed or anything. They're just better.

I'm just happy they gave me 2 more weeks of basketball this season. Hopefully they can somehow win game 5 and give us one more home game

I think the Heat have played really hard, save maybe Whiteside. And guys like Richardson and Winslow could be really good players in a few years.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat have played hard and made it an excellent series to watch ... it's been like watching early 90's playoff ball. Ben's been phenomenal in his first post season though and the role players have really stepped up.

31092016_1646376278810338_1095822702498697030_n.jpg

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I think there are some ESPN refugees as well.

Some of the folks from KFFL are actually refugees from the CNNSI boards closing down 15 or so years ago.
Some of us from KFFL went there when the Mouth Off Board closed. We have been posting for about 20 years in various places. As they close, we move.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us from KFFL went there when the Mouth Off Board closed. We have been posting for about 20 years in various places. As they close, we move.

I completely forgot about Mouth Off. I was only on Mouth Off for about year or so before it died.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat have played hard and made it an excellent series to watch ... it's been like watching early 90's playoff ball. Ben's been phenomenal in his first post season though and the role players have really stepped up.

31092016_1646376278810338_1095822702498697030_n.jpg

I think Ben has answered the question of "Will his game work in the playoffs" pretty effectively.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 @Heatles84

I really didn’t want to face the Heat because I knew it would be a tough series. Now I’m wondering if it’s a blessing in disguise. Assuming the 76ers win the series, they will have won a series against a tough, veteran team that brought the intensity of a Finals matchup. What they’ve learned from this series will be invaluable.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didn’t want to face the Heat because I knew it would be a tough series. Now I’m wondering if it’s a blessing in disguise. Assuming the 76ers win the series, they will have won a series against a tough, veteran team that brought the intensity of a Finals matchup. What they’ve learned from this series will be invaluable.

Agree. I posted a few days ago that, for a young team like the Sixers, the Heat were a perfect first round matchup. They are experienced enough and tough enough to give the Sixers trouble and put them in some tough situations, but not talented enough to actually beat them.

What the Sixers have/are learning...will benefit them for years.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Heat have played really hard, save maybe Whiteside. And guys like Richardson and Winslow could be really good players in a few years.

Miami just lacks the star power right now. Richardson, James Johnson, Olynyk, Ellington, Tyler Johnson...are all really good guys to have on a team. But Dragic and Whiteside are their best players. I really like Dragic but it seems like maybe Whiteside isn’t the guy you want to build around. Maybe they’ll be better when Waiters is healthy.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I posted a few days ago that, for a young team like the Sixers, the Heat were a perfect first round matchup. They are experienced enough and tough enough to give the Sixers trouble and put them in some tough situations, but not talented enough to actually beat them.

What the Sixers have/are learning...will benefit them for years.

It’s been a great learning experience. Hopefully they can close it out tomorrow night. Then we’ll wait for Boston/Milwaukee. Maybe get some rest. I think that series is going to go 7.