• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is just going to start his own franchise in the off-season. They got an arena already lined up in Seattle.

No expansion draft needed. He'll take 51% equity in the team and sell off the other 49% to other investors for immediate operating costs.

101M Cap.

Lebron takes the vet minimum. Doesn't need to take a huge salary with his equity in the team.

Signings:

Paul George - 4 years 120M. (30m)
DeMarcus Cousins - 4 years 140M (35)
Nerlens Noel - 3 years 21M (7m)
Seth Curry - 2 years 12M (6M)
Dwyane Wade - 1/1 (5m)
Greg Monroe - 2 years 14M (7m)
Lebron - Vet minimum (2.4M)
2 Draft Picks
Fillers.

Everyone is screwed.

Lavar Ball will be the HC?:hope:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is just going to start his own franchise in the off-season. They got an arena already lined up in Seattle.

No expansion draft needed. He'll take 51% equity in the team and sell off the other 49% to other investors for immediate operating costs.

101M Cap.

Lebron takes the vet minimum. Doesn't need to take a huge salary with his equity in the team.

Signings:

Paul George - 4 years 120M. (30m)
DeMarcus Cousins - 4 years 140M (35)
Nerlens Noel - 3 years 21M (7m)
Seth Curry - 2 years 12M (6M)
Dwyane Wade - 1/1 (5m)
Greg Monroe - 2 years 14M (7m)
Lebron - Vet minimum (2.4M)
2 Draft Picks
Fillers.

Everyone is screwed.

Does he go with the Supersonics as the team name? Name them the Lebrons? Or see if the Kings will sell him their name and pick something else?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he go with the Supersonics as the team name? Name them the Lebrons? Or see if the Kings will sell him their name and pick something else?

Lebron's a smart dude. He's going to name the team the Seattle Starbucks Chick-Fil A Nike McDonalds Apple Amazon Rolex's. Just gonna keep raking in the dough.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle could name the team after the state bird. But the willow goldfinches sounds kinda silly.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I answered this already.

Well you've tried to. But it was a pretty strained argument.

It wasn't even close to the same. Also, already answered.

LOL. Yeah. Lebron going to join up with an NBA champion and future Hall of Famer was totally different because the year before they lost in the first round! You can't really believe this, can you?

lol No one does. That's why I've said that trying to predict what Lebron is going to do is like herding cats.

We agree on that.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. Yeah. Lebron going to join up with an NBA champion and future Hall of Famer was totally different because the year before they lost in the first round! You can't really believe this, can you?

We agree on that.
What I don't get is why some think he won't do something because it may create backlash when just about EVERYTHING he does has this same reaction. Knowing this, why would he even consider this factor when making decisions? I just don't understand how that can be a supporting factor in a debate on where he would decide to play basketball when we know no matter what he decides there will be a disappointed fan base.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get is why some think he won't do something because it may create backlash when just about EVERYTHING he does has this same reaction. Knowing this, why would he even consider this factor when making decisions? I just don't understand how that can be a supporting factor in a debate on where he would decide to play basketball when we know no matter what he decides there will be a disappointed fan base.

Well it is possible that his calculus has changed now that he is older and he sees the end of his career in the not too distant future.

But you're right that he certainly never showed much concern about this in the past.

Reactions: LAD

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's a smart dude. He's going to name the team the Seattle Starbucks Chick-Fil A Nike McDonalds Apple Amazon Rolex's. Just gonna keep raking in the dough.
No sillies, he's gonna name them The Decisions

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you say so.

If you can't see the difference in optics. I can't help you.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't see the difference in optics. I can't help you.

It's a difference without distinction. He was absolutely pilloried by many people when he went to Miami, for several reasons. To suggest it would be somehow worse now to go to a better team than they were seems really dubious.

Tell you what, if the Sixers were to win the title then I would agree it is just like KD but then the Sixers probably wouldn't try to grab Lebron if that happened.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a difference without distinction. He was absolutely pilloried by many people when he went to Miami, for several reasons. To suggest it would be somehow worse now to go to a better team than they were seems really dubious.

Tell you what, if the Sixers were to win the title then I would agree it is just like KD but then the Sixers probably wouldn't try to grab Lebron if that happened.
Agreed, as many don't think KD goes to GS, myself included, had they won that year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whatever you say. Like I said, if you can't see the difference in optics, I can't help you.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh FFS.

JJ Reddick was offered 23 million a year for a few reasons.

1. The Sixers desperately needed more 3 point shooters. Their system relies on it.
2. The Sixers had been a perennial bottom feeder for years.
3. The Sixers had a TON of available cap space.

Absolutely no one was going to offer JJ Reddick 23 million a year. Prior to coming to Philadelphia he had never made more than 8 million a year. But JJ always was looking for a long term contract as this was probably his last chance at a pay day. He was looking for 3 years and somewhere above 8 million a year. The Sixers didn't want to sign him to a 3 year deal. So they chose to offer him a wildly over market deal to lure him to Philly while also keeping their cap flexibility.

Reddick resigning with Philly for 8 million isn't taking a hometown discount. It's his true market rate and absolutely ZERO teams are going to offering him more than 10 or so million a year.

Whatever Lebron is going to do it is because that is where Lebron wants to go. If he wants to stay in Cleveland, he will stay in Cleveland. If he wants to go to LA he will go to LA. And if he wants to go to Philly he will go to Philly. Every team will make it work.
:)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Korver is 3 years older than JJ Reddick.

Prior to last year, Reddick never made more than $8 million a year. Yet you think he is going to get a 50% pay raise in his year 35 season? Who is paying him that?
lol, the Sixers are paying him that.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TBH, Redick taking a 1-year 12M deal is above market value for a long term contract. Players generally get much more to take a 1 year deal because there's no financial security. Redick probably gets less on the open market from any other team if he signs a multi-year contract.