• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6/15/17 Crap @ Rox

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. Hwang seems unlikely for the reasons you mentioned. However, Arroyo has a minor injury. Its not bad enough, from what I've read here, that he requires time on the dl but I do wonder if that will also prevent him from being called up. I have to wonder, then, if Brown becomes a casualty on the 40 man to call up either Hwang, or I think, more likely Ryder Jones.

Edit: I write all this and then remember that Conor Gillaspie has been on a rehab assignment for a bit now. I have to think he gets activated.
Didn't Gonor have a setback? Has he started the rehab again?

And that doesn't address the BU catcher issue. Like I said, Brown does not need to be up for long. He could be up just for this series, for example.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Gonor have a setback? Has he started the rehab again?

And that doesn't address the BU catcher issue. Like I said, Brown does not need to be up for long. He could be up just for this series, for example.
His rehab play has been spotty. He started originally on May 19th with Sacramento and played from the 19th through the 23rd before his first setback. Then he re-started with San Jose on June 3rd through 4th. He was off again for another 6 days before starting back up with Sacramento on the 10th. He played for two days, was off two days and has played in their last two games. Considering one of those days was an off day for Sacramento (what day isn't with the entire organization this year!?!?), I'd say he's been on rehab solid for about a week. So maybe he won't be able to come up yet, but Hill only needed a week of play to get activated.

As for the backup catcher situation, that is a good point. Maybe it will be Brown for a few days.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Bryan Morris is proving to be a solid add at least. I feel like it's a 3-way competition right now between him, Gearrin and Dyson. All 3 are out of options, all 3 offer a similar skill set (ground ball/sinker heavy) and all aren't really pups.

At some point, 2 of these guys will open the door for Crick and Okert.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither injury to Nunez or Posey is considered serious, but both out a couple of days.

I have a feeling we're going to get hit with the Strickland news right about now. We'll be down 3 players and can't do much about it.

I think it would be worth it to put Posey on the DL just to be safe and call up Brown.