• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6.13 Suarcrap @ Fish

milogiant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, well always nice to have a Giants fan here (even if they are your second favorite).

Braves looking real good this year, probably a year earlier than anyone expected. Every year some team or two is way better than expected and they may be one of those. Then of course there's a team way worse than expected like the Giants last year or the Dodgers this year (who may be turning it around).

Yeah I think the braves will fall down to earth in the 2nd half of the season. I just hope they don't trade away any of the farm system trying to make a pointless post season. Lately I have been happy if the Braves or Giants can be relevant enough to get me to September to football season.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the game keeps moving away from those, pens are more important every year.
Does this mean that rosters will expand to 30 players to accommodate all the pitchers a team needs or does Ohtani usher in a time when pitchers who hit become important (or hitters who pitch, maybe) so that a team can have the depth in both the bullpen and on the bench?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the game keeps moving away from those, pens are more important every year.
I am not a big fan of the direction the game is going in that regard, but I prefer the natural evolution of the game to some imposition to keep it the way it was (or nudge it in a specific direction).

I would rather the game go Uber-specialization than see DHs, minimum batters faced for a pitcher or restrictions to defensive alignments.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean that rosters will expand to 30 players to accommodate all the pitchers a team needs or does Ohtani usher in a time when pitchers who hit become important (or hitters who pitch, maybe) so that a team can have the depth in both the bullpen and on the bench?
Having a small roster should be part of the calculus for how specialized a team gets. The smaller the roster, the less specialized.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Panda Pitch!!! :pound: