• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #58 Nebraska @ #57 Minnesota

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we can cancel the rest of the season

I approve of this. Too bad that would cost Nebraska money and the admin will make the players, that do not want to waste time playing anymore, play the games.

Whenever the shit has hit the fan, I prefer to wipe everything out and start over. All the little things that led up to all the crap all over the floor gets wiped out. Start over, learn from the mistakes. Do not make them again.

Perlman is gone. He hired Eichorst.
Eichorst is gone. He hired Riley.
Fire Riley. He hired Langsdorf, Diaco, and his assistant coaches.

Fire Riley, Diaco, Langsdorf. NOW. Tell them they will see their gold watches in the mail in two weeks.

Promote Parella to interim DC and Keith Williams to interim OC. They can choose to keep one other coach not named Riley, Diaco, or Langsdorf. This is their lifeline to one buddy on the current staff. No NEW staff can be hired by Parella or Williams.

Hire Matt Davison to be Interim Head Coach. He is only a figurehead with a connection to Frost. His job is to tell it like it is.

Then, the coaches let the players draw up the game plans. Might as well make the last two games fun for the players. I know that if I drew up the game plan, I would play much harder.

All of the scholarship players were thought to be talented players coming out of high school. It is proven that the high school rankings of players are fairly indicative of their talent, if coached up. There are 40 good to average schools with the same talent as Nebraska that are winning football. The only difference is coaching.

Nebraska hired a proven career .500 coach with his proven career .500 assistant coaches. This mistake cannot be made again.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its like a crazy dream we allow almost 60 to the worst off in the nation. I had a bad feeling moos was gonna keep riley one more year but after today hellll no. Never have i been disinterested in watching neb football n will still have a solid psu team and a iowa team that will love nothing but to slap us around...

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I approve of this. Too bad that would cost Nebraska money and the admin will make the players, that do not want to waste time playing anymore, play the games.

Whenever the shit has hit the fan, I prefer to wipe everything out and start over. All the little things that led up to all the crap all over the floor gets wiped out. Start over, learn from the mistakes. Do not make them again.

Fire Riley, Diaco, Langsdorf. NOW. Tell them they will see their gold watches in the mail in two weeks.

Promote Parella to interim DC and Keith Williams to interim OC. They can choose to keep one other coach not named Riley, Diaco, or Langsdorf. This is their lifeline to one buddy on the current staff. No NEW staff can be hired by Parella or Williams.

Hire Matt Davison to be Interim Head Coach. He is only a figurehead with a connection to Frost. His job is to tell it like it is.

Then, the coaches let the players draw up the game plans. Might as well make the last two games fun for the players. I know that if I drew up the game plan, I would play much harder.

All of the scholarship players were thought to be talented players coming out of high school. It is proven that the high school rankings of players are fairly indicative of their talent, if coached up. There are 40 good to average schools with the same talent as Nebraska that are winning football. The only difference is coaching.

Nebraska hired a proven career .500 coach with his proven career .500 assistant coaches. This mistake cannot be made again.

That last paragraph...standing ovation stop expecting a Honda to turn into a audi... buy an Audi

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You were right about the Riley hire from the start along with @Red_Alert , @Exorbitant , and myself. Riley was simply too underwhelming to ever be considered for the head coaching job at Nebraska. I applaud all the thoughts you put into your post, however, the Huskers are not going to win the last two games so why worry now about firing Riley? The Huskers are playing undisciplined ball which tells me they are revolting against the coaching staff most likely well below the coordinator levels. The next coach will have quite a mess to clean up and I doubt it can be fixed in the next two weeks. JMHO

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You were right about the Riley hire from the start along with @Red_Alert , @Exorbitant , and myself. Riley was simply too underwhelming to ever be considered for the head coaching job at Nebraska. I applaud all the thoughts you put into your post, however, the Huskers are not going to win the last two games so why worry now about firing Riley? The Huskers are playing undisciplined ball which tells me they are revolting against the coaching staff most likely well below the coordinator levels. The next coach will have quite a mess to clean up and I doubt it can be fixed in the next two weeks. JMHO

We better hope that Moos will rid our team of this abortion of a coaching staff after the Iowa game. Also, in my opinion, ANY of the top coaches that Moos has at his disposal to hire will take at least into their third season to bring Nebraska back to respectability, mainly because west coast Riley, or WCR has brought the team down a few notches.

My parting shot... Mike Leach would not be a good fit here because of his slinging the football mentality.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We better hope that Moos will rid our team of this abortion of a coaching staff after the Iowa game. Also, in my opinion, ANY of the top coaches that Moos has at his disposal to hire will take at least into their third season to bring Nebraska back to respectability, mainly because west coast Riley, or WCR has brought the team down a few notches.

My parting shot... Mike Leach would not be a good fit here because of his slinging the football mentality.
Also to be fair, @Jack_John_Mark wasn't sold on Riley either and said he would wait until the assistants were chosen by Riley and we all found out later that the OSU staff had a cushy landing spot here at Nebraska. I hope the next guy can get it turned around faster than 3 years, but that is just wishful thinking. I doubt Leach would want to come here but who knows at this point.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I doubt Leach would want to come here but who knows at this point.

:nono:

Leach would be a bad fit. You think Husker fans are split now, if Moos get's this one wrong, it's all but done. Apathy has set in, next stop is nobody gives a shit.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Frost has hired two young and capable Coordinators.

OC Troy Walters, went to Stanford. Academic All American there too. He ain't no dummy.

DC Erik Chinander has known Frost since their time together at Northern Iowa. Chinander is from Iowa. He played at Iowa under Coach Ferentz.

Frost knows defense since he was the DC at Northern Iowa. In 2008, the year Frost was DC at Northern Iowa, Northern Iowa finished 4th in the FCS playoffs losing to eventual FCS Champion Richmond in semi-final, 21-20.