• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

56 Point Spread

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Winning always helps with attendance. The opponents make a difference too. My guess is that attendance in football drops this year. I think we only get one ranked opponent at home this year. One less conference game replaced by a poor ECU team. Replace FCS with maryland Pitt or any regional p5 team, we sell another 25k tickets.

On the other hand, we get a guaranteed sellout with Kentucky in basketball, plus several ranked opponents. Could be another record if they play well.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning always helps with attendance. The opponents make a difference too. My guess is that attendance in football drops this year. I think we only get one ranked opponent at home this year. One less conference game replaced by a poor ECU team. Replace FCS with maryland Pitt or any regional p5 team, we sell another 25k tickets.

On the other hand, we get a guaranteed sellout with Kentucky in basketball, plus several ranked opponents. Could be another record if they play well.

Its going to be skewed this year with a neutral site game....

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TT game only 700 tickets remain..Okie State a few more with Okie State just now turning in their unsold tickets but expect that game to sell out..Iowa State would be the only game MAYBE not selling out.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton is on target!

TT game speaks volumes to anyone who doubts this system.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I compared numbers to see how the FCS game really affects our attendance.

last year we had 2 out of conference games at home

Youngstown State attendance 56,621
Missouri attendance 60,125

This year our two OOC games

ECU attendance 56,797
Delaware State attendance 51,482

So at this point, we have about 8500 less than last year. Most of our conference games (except Kansas and Iowa State) usually sell out or see at least 60K in the stands. I doubt that we top last years numbers with 2 games against non P5 opponents.

This is not altered much by the neutral site game, as we have played 1 for several years now. Id much rather see the neutral site game be the FCS game and bring VA Tech to Morgantown. That game would be a sellout and we would be about 6500 ahead of last year.

Add to that the fan experience when the student section is emptied by the end of the 1st quarter and more than half of the stadium is empty by the time beer stops being sold.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I compared numbers to see how the FCS game really affects our attendance.

last year we had 2 out of conference games at home

Youngstown State attendance 56,621
Missouri attendance 60,125

This year our two OOC games

ECU attendance 56,797
Delaware State attendance 51,482

So at this point, we have about 8500 less than last year. Most of our conference games (except Kansas and Iowa State) usually sell out or see at least 60K in the stands. I doubt that we top last years numbers with 2 games against non P5 opponents.

This is not altered much by the neutral site game, as we have played 1 for several years now. Id much rather see the neutral site game be the FCS game and bring VA Tech to Morgantown. That game would be a sellout and we would be about 6500 ahead of last year.

Add to that the fan experience when the student section is emptied by the end of the 1st quarter and more than half of the stadium is empty by the time beer stops being sold.

But you would have to admit you thought the numbers would be worse....amazing that 51K plus shoed up for the Delaware State Game...IMHO Iowa State will win some games this year...they can score..don't be surprised if that game doesn't sell out.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you would have to admit you thought the numbers would be worse....amazing that 51K plus shoed up for the Delaware State Game...IMHO Iowa State will win some games this year...they can score..don't be surprised if that game doesn't sell out.

I was a bit surprised with that number, but it makes sense. Attendance is actually reported as ticket sales and not the actual number of people in the stands. About 27,000 season tickets were sold this year (3% less than last year wonder why?) How many of those actually attended? How many were in the stands to sing Country Roads?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bitch is that everybody schedules these games. Great party, easy win, home game, money for the selected loser. Complete one sided football. Group of 5 teams can at least boast an equal number of scholarship players and make it a game sometimes. FCS schools, not so much.

For me, there is no value to these games. It affects my decision to not purchase season tickets. I see ecu and Delaware state together with the bad year of conference matchups in including powerhouses Kansas and Texas Tech and I say pass.

CFB is having a harder time filling stands and getting watchers. Some of it has to do with the product. If we played sPitt or Maryland last weekend, the stands would have been packed. Many on this board would attend, home or away. Win or lose, it would be interesting.

Just giving you some perspective here...fans do have an interest whether is Texas, OU or Texas Tech...they are conference games....thy're going to watch..which is a good thing

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a bit surprised with that number, but it makes sense. Attendance is actually reported as ticket sales and not the actual number of people in the stands. About 27,000 season tickets were sold this year (3% less than last year wonder why?) How many of those actually attended? How many were in the stands to sing Country Roads?
I question that attendance is ticket sales, I think it HAS to be people through the gate, a few years ago that horrible IAST loss the attendance was 33,700, and there were 37,000 season tickets sold.