• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

56 Point Spread

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we cover in the first half?

I'll take the Mounties and give up the points.

Will the second half have 10 minute quarters? Mercy Rule

Call this a Bye week with a scrimmage. Don't call it a game

I bet we sack their QB this week and the Corners hang with man to man coverage

I'm not defending Shane on scheduling this one.

Marshall plays Kent State this weekend for anyone looking for a game.

If the NCAA just stopped counting wins against FCS schools, these games would disappear fast. To help those programs get their paychecks, How about allowing teams to play in a pre season scrimmage, also let them come in for spring games to get a paycheck.

Now if we could just let Delaware State play Youngstown State and we could play Pitt, I would be interested in College Football this week.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie liked him some FCS football. Looks like Shane does too...

I will not be making the 15 hr round trip drive for DSU.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played FCS under Ollie too. This problem goes across all of CFB

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was about the Jets/Raiders game. My mistake

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie liked him some FCS football. Looks like Shane does too...

I will not be making the 15 hr round trip drive for DSU.
Luck scheduled a game against JMU at DC...........scheduled GaSt and W&M at home.........Towson........you may want to edit your post, amazing the love for Luck, you pour piss on everyone else for doing the same things you praise or forgive Luck for.........

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVSports.com - Sitting down with Luck: Scheduling

As part of the scheduling philosophy for Luck will attempt to secure quality power five opponents to create an appealing slate not only for fans but for better positioning in regards to the college football playoff, which will likely consider strength of schedule in the decision making process of the committee.

"We're willing to do something that historically speaking is a lot tougher than the past," Luck said. "Regional rivals are important and we need to try to stay as regional as we can."

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all may hate Luck. But, the man was a god...

Shane be more like an Eddie P, and that's not like being a god...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia AD Oliver Luck Thinks College Football Schedules Will Resemble NFL Schedules

One of those schools is West Virginia. Director of Athletics Oliver Luck went on record in May stating that he wanted to get Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, Virginia, and Penn State on their future schedules.

Since that time, Luck has successfully added Virginia Tech in 2021 and 2022, appears close to reviving the Backyard Brawl with Pitt, and is reportedly finalizing a home-and-home series with Penn State.

All of these moves, plus the moves of other schools, show that college football is moving towards tougher schedules similar to the NFL, Luck told the Charleston Daily Mail.

“Everyone seems to be moving down a path where a college schedule resembles much more of a NFL schedule than a college schedule,” Luck said. “When I say NFL schedule, I mean pretty much every game is a tough game. Hardly anybody is going to go undefeated anymore.”

West Virginia head coach Dana Holgorsen also provided some future scheduling updates to the Daily Mail, including their desire to discontinue scheduling FCS teams. He also said that they may play a series with East Carolina and would be open to playing one-off games at Pitt or against Penn State and Virginia.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I'm kinda lookin forward to the game personally. I enjoy easy wins, my nerves cant take too many nail biters anyway. GREAT game to take a youngster or youth group ect. to their first Mountaineer game imo. We have a rule that if you go to your first WVU game and they lose then... you don't get to go back with us so...Good time to take ya kid, if not, he/she may never get to go back with you :laugh:.

I get why we scheduled Del State where & when we did. ECU is usually a tougher out (ask Pat White) than they are this year and having 3 fist fights before we even get into Big12 play isn't ideal so... I'm ok with it and look forward to seeing some of the subs and pups get needed experience for the rest of the year and 2018.

Only thing I might change would be WHEN we play. Lets schedule them in late October and into November like the SEC does to give our guys a chance to get a break during the stretch run of conference play, meaning not just us but all of the Big12 teams. Having Del State sitting between Texas and OU later this year would be much better iyam and its not like those teams wont adjust their schedules to play us later in the year, they just play these games for money either way.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I'm kinda lookin forward to the game personally. I enjoy easy wins, my nerves cant take too many nail biters anyway. GREAT game to take a youngster or youth group ect. to their first Mountaineer game imo. We have a rule that if you go to your first WVU game and they lose then... you don't get to go back with us so...Good time to take ya kid, if not, he/she may never get to go back with you :laugh:.

I get why we scheduled Del State where & when we did. ECU is usually a tougher out (ask Pat White) than they are this year and having 3 fist fights before we even get into Big12 play isn't ideal so... I'm ok with it and look forward to seeing some of the subs and pups get needed experience for the rest of the year and 2018.

Only thing I might change would be WHEN we play. Lets schedule them in late October and into November like the SEC does to give our guys a chance to get a break during the stretch run of conference play, meaning not just us but all of the Big12 teams. Having Del State sitting between Texas and OU later this year would be much better iyam and its not like those teams wont adjust their schedules to play us later in the year, they just play these games for money either way.

I think the game makes sense...I have always been an advocate to let teams schedule a scrimmage game..this to me is more or less what it is...good opportunity to get rep's for the 2's and 3's..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if WVU plays a FCS opponent every season. The Big 12, Pac 12 and B1G all play 9 IC games, while the ACC and SEC are still playing 8. If WVU schedules one P5 opponent in their OOC, they'll more P5 teams in a season than most of the SEC.

Like GoldRusher, I would like to see a FCS opponent on the back end of the schedule. Give the kids a little rest.

But, I also see the advantage of playing it before conference play too. Let's the coaching staff get an evaluation of the 2nd and 3rd stringers to see how much true depth they have going forward.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if WVU plays a FCS opponent every season. The Big 12, Pac 12 and B1G all play 9 IC games, while the ACC and SEC are still playing 8. If WVU schedules one P5 opponent in their OOC, they'll more P5 teams in a season than most of the SEC.

Like GoldRusher, I would like to see a FCS opponent on the back end of the schedule. Give the kids a little rest.

But, I also see the advantage of playing it before conference play too. Let's the coaching staff get an evaluation of the 2nd and 3rd stringers to see how much true depth they have going forward.

Then why did you pour piss on Lyons for scheduling this game? Why pour it on Pastilong ? Why not on Luck? Your reasoning is unreasonable......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why did you pour piss on Lyons for scheduling this game? Why pour it on Pastilong ? Why not on Luck? Your reasoning is unreasonable......

Because Lyons is a dumb fuck. How is that for a reason?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought that I would never have said this, but I'll probably watch the Pitt game this weekend. Even thought about heading down to Heinz Field but then reality set in. Watching the game from home would be enough. I'd hate to head down only to leave at halftime.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look at the SEC scheduling. They typically schedule a FCS opponent early and a bye towards the end of the season.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These games may be boring but it helps the athletic department budget. These schools get paid fairly well to play in these games. Delaware scheduled us and Florida State this season.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then so is Luck...........you can't have it both ways

Great point!

Luck was the AD when WVU was in the weakest AQ conference in America. Due to its small size, WVU faced 7 IC games each year. Alternate years, there would be 3 home IC games. In order to generate revenue for his athletic department which we all know was mainly supported by the football program, Luck needed to have at least 6 home games/year and preferably 7.

I believe each home games was valued at $2M.

When facing an upcoming season in which he had 3 home IC games, this would force him to find 3-4 OOC opponents to fill his need.

H/H contracts against other AQ BCS teams were generally a break even for WVU. One and done contracts with non-AQ teams were becoming increasingly expensive. FCS opponents were... and still are... cheaper for WVU. If I remember correctly, UNLV received $750K for getting whipped in Morgantown.

After WVU moved into the Big 12 and college football transitioned from the BCS to the CFP, the criteria changed as SOS became an important metric for the committee. As I've already provided, Luck firmly believed WVU should discontinue playing FCS opponents.

Since Lyons became AD, I believe he has scheduled 4 future opponents... 3 FCS (Youngstown St., James Madison, Indiana St) and 1 PF (FSU in the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff).

As we all know, Lyons is responsible for adding Delaware St to this season's schedule when he announced it in June 2016.

When transitioning to the Big 12, Luck had to compensate for the fact his home schedule in the Big 12 would alternate between 4 and 5 IC games. An addition of 1 home game per year compared to his BE home schedule. He had to keep some of his FCS opponents at first to make the home schedule work to the advantage of having at least 6 home games each season. He scheduled JMU at Fed Ex in order to get a nice payday. First year in the Big 12... Luck had to compensate for exit fees/penalties for leaving the BE early... and not receiving a full share of Big 12 revenues.

Other than all of that... you're absolutely right... Luck was a dumb fuck too!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^