• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

50 best players in CBB according to TBL

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Harry Giles, FR(Duke)
2. Josh Jackson, FR(Kansas)
3. Markelle Fultz, FR(Washington)
4. Ivan Rabb, SO(Cal)
5. Jayson Tatum, FR(Duke)
6. Thomas Bryant, SO(Indiana)
7. Lonzo Ball, FR(UCLA)
8. Grayson Allen, JR(Duke)
9. Tyler London, SO(Syracuse)
10. Ethan Happ, SO(Wisconsin)
11. Monte Morris, SR(Iowa State)
12. Justin Jackson, JR(UNC)
13. Dillon Brooks, JR(Oregon)
14. Melo Trimble, JR(Maryland)
15. Bam Adebayo, FR(Kentucky)
16. Jordan Woodward, SR(Oklahoma)
17. De'Aron Fox, FR(Kentucky)
18. Josh Hart, SR(Villanova)
19. Edmund Sumner, SO(Xavier)
20. Tyler Dorsey, SO(Oregon)
21. London Perrantes, SR(Virginia)
22. Jalen Adams, SO(Uconn)
23. VJ Beachem, JR(Notre Dame)
24. Jarron Blossomgame, SR(Clemson)
25. Trevon Bluiett, JR(Xavier)
26. Malik Monk, FR(Kentucky)
27. OG Anunoby, SO(Indiana)
28. Shake Milton, SO(SMU)
29. Caleb Swanigan, SO(Purdue)
30. Devonta Graham, JR(Kansas)
31. Lauri Markkanen, FR(Arizona)
32. Miles Bridges, FR(Michigan State)
33. Mikal Bridges, SO(Villanova)
34. Dennis Smith, FR(NC State)
35. Nigel Williams-Goss, JR(Gonzaga)
36. Nick Emery, SO(BYU)
37. Frank Jackson, FR(Duke)
38. Frank Mason, JR(Kansas)
39. Chris Boucher, SR(Oregon)
40. Seth Allen, SR(Virginia Tech)
41. Nigel Hayes, SR(Wisconsin)
42. Kobi Simmons, FR(Arizona)
43. Austin Nichols, JR(Virginia)
44. Kris Jenkins, SR(Villanova)
45. Peter Jok, SR(Iowa)
46. Antonio Blakeney, SO(LSU)
47. Jack Gibbs, SR(Davidson)
48. Jordan McLaughlin, JR(USC)
49. Bruce Brown, FR(Miami)
50. Maurice Watson, SR(Creighton)

The 50 Best Players in College Basketball For 2016-2017

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this list is for shits and giggles. But how the hell can they rank a kid in the top 50 college players, and yet for some, they've never played a college basketball game in their lives?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona has two freshman on the list and not our leading returning scorer.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda sad to see NWG on the list as a Gonzaga player :L

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duke's Grayson Allen averaged 21.6 PPG, 3.5 APG as a sophomore. He's also a wing that shot nearly 47% from the field. Also was nearly 42% from long range.

and he's predicted to be the third best player on his team? lol. He's also being ranked below a kid that tore his ACL back in November.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! Nobody from Nebraska

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shitake, if this is true Duke better not lose a single game this year. I mean they virtually have a top 5 player at every position. Badgers have 3 elite players but after that there's a big drop off after that.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shitake, if this is true Duke better not lose a single game this year. I mean they virtually have a top 5 player at every position. Badgers have 3 elite players but after that there's a big drop off after that.

The combination of their elite Freshman(Giles, Tatum, Jackson, Bolden) combined with their upperclassmen experience(Allen, Jefferson, Kennard, Jones, Jeter) they are going to be loaded, only problem is no depth at PG, so when Jackson is out a combination of Allen, Kennard, Jones will have to play some PG, unless they use Tatum as a point-forward.

Wisconsin will be very good this year.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The combination of their elite Freshman(Giles, Tatum, Jackson, Bolden) combined with their upperclassmen experience(Allen, Jefferson, Kennard, Jones, Jeter) they are going to be loaded, only problem is no depth at PG, so when Jackson is out a combination of Allen, Kennard, Jones will have to play some PG, unless they use Tatum as a point-forward.

Wisconsin will be very good this year.

I don't believe that Coach K utilizes a traditional PG as he has in the past like Bobby Hurley or Jayson Williams. He doesn't fit players into molds like #1, #2, #3, etc. Last season Allen(6'5"), Jones(6'5"), and Ingram(6'9") rotated bringing the ball up the court when Thornton was out. Plus their offense isn't run by a single ball handler or traditional PG anyway. And Duke's not the only one. Last season Syracuse used Gbinije as a PG-primary ball handler at 6'7" along with Cooney and Richardson. It's more like "position-less basketball" and an offense doesn't have to set up and run through a positioned PG like in the past. He's more of 5 guys working together as a team so everyone's a playmaker. He's been moving towards this system for a while.

Positionless basketball taking hold in college

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this list is for shits and giggles. But how the hell can they rank a kid in the top 50 college players, and yet for some, they've never played a college basketball game in their lives?

cbb writers are in love with the one and done player. UK's been gifted pre-season top 5 rankings since Cal started coaching in Lexington. All based on kids that's never played D1 ball. Crazy shit I tell ya.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh, Allonzo Trier is going to be one of the best players in the nation next year. Alkins will make more of an impact than Simmons. Shitty list.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh, Allonzo Trier is going to be one of the best players in the nation next year. Alkins will make more of an impact than Simmons. Shitty list.

I agree. I think Trier will be the best guy on the team next year, although Markkanen might have a high ceiling. I'd also put Smith above Simmons, not to mention Alkins.

ocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dukes year ya'll.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giles in injured though.

Duke will still be stacked, though. Bring back Grayson Allen and Amile Jefferson, while bringing in Jayson Tatum, Frank Jackson and Marques Bolden.

She used to cover Duke. She doesn't anymore, but still an interesting post.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Epic fail by Dukies this season.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Epic fail by Dukies this season.

Not so much. They were ACC Champions with four wins in four days and beat the NCAA Champions two out of three times they played. They dealt with more injuries all season than any other program. I guess failure in your eyes are different than mine.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douggie, usually you are right and level headed on most issues. But your team didn't make the sweet 16. For one of the biggest preseason favorites in recent memory, it's really difficult to call it anything besides a failure of a season.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much. They were ACC Champions with four wins in four days and beat the NCAA Champions two out of three times they played. They dealt with more injuries all season than any other program. I guess failure in your eyes are different than mine.

You were 5th in the ACC, lost in the second round of the tournament to a 7 seed all this despite being the NC favorites and having 4 top 100 players. Anything less than being in the NC game was a failure for this team. Not even making the sweet 16 was an epic fail.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douggie, usually you are right and level headed on most issues. But your team didn't make the sweet 16. For one of the biggest preseason favorites in recent memory, it's really difficult to call it anything besides a failure of a season.

You were 5th in the ACC, lost in the second round of the tournament to a 7 seed all this despite being the NC favorites and having 4 top 100 players. Anything less than being in the NC game was a failure for this team. Not even making the sweet 16 was an epic fail.

First off, they were hyped pre-season before injuries plagued this team. Giles was coming off of three surgeries and not playing a whole season. And freshmen like Bolden, and Tatum were hurt before Christmas and started the season late. Then Allen's soap opera and throw in Jackson getting hurt, along with Jefferson coming back and re-injuring his foot spelled disaster. And after all that, they still won an ACC Championship.

I'm being "level headed" and no they didn't meet expectations. But to say they were an "Epic Fail" is absolutely wrong.

How can a team be an "Epic Fail" and win a Championship? You do know they were ACC Champions and recognized as the only legitimate Champions of the league by the league. I don't give a shit about their regular season records. That's skewed for every team in the ACC without a true round robin so regular season doesn't mean shit except to seed the teams for the observed ACC Championship Tournament. They beat Carolina TWICE out of three meetings. What other team did that? That's right, nobody else. And they lost to a Final Four team in the tournament. Forget the seeding rank. That doesn't even consider injuries. So how many other teams can say that they were a Champion? Who beat the NCAA Champions TWICE? Only Duke.

Again, Duke is held to a higher standard by you because they were predicted overall pre-season #1. Those predictions are predicated on the team staying healthy and having a normal season. Their injuries make last season anything but normal. So when you say "EPIC FAIL" that's just simply ridiculous. Were they supposed to go undefeated despite all the injuries? Were they supposed to win the Title even though they were sidelined with the most injuries of any other team? That's nonsense and you know it. Take six of the best players off any team last season and see what they do and then call me out for not being level headed. That's just simply ridiculous.