• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #5 Wisconsin @ Nebraska

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think what your guy said was true at the beginning of the season (I heard a similar story), I think that has changed now with the injuries and close losses. Like you said in the other thread, we are 3 baskets away from a very different season despite our injuries and youth. While he had a rough night from a scoring perspective last night, Jordy has improved significantly from the beginning of the year. The rest of the young guys too...it wouldn't take much with the end of this season and another offseason for those close losses (and WTF games) to turn into W's.

Gotta find a way to get over that hump.

I have to keep reminding myself that being competitive night in and night out yet losing heartbreakers is still better than giving in to the fact that we suck like in years past and making ourselves comfortable in the basement.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think what your guy said was true at the beginning of the season (I heard a similar story), I think that has changed now with the injuries and close losses. Like you said in the other thread, we are 3 baskets away from a very different season despite our injuries and youth. While he had a rough night from a scoring perspective last night, Jordy has improved significantly from the beginning of the year. The rest of the young guys too...it wouldn't take much with the end of this season and another offseason for those close losses (and WTF games) to turn into W's.

Feels like I've heard this same story going on a few years now. . .

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Miles and I see the potential. I just know that we should be farther along better rebounding. More depth. Player development so injuries are kept at a minimum. I can't stress enough the importance of rebounds.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, next year determines his future.

I think we have a .500 type ball club in Big 10 play next year.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach that refuses to change his flawed scheme but the players play hard. Feel like I seen this somewhere else.

I've run out of excuses for Tim. You need productive post play to win in this league. Some streaky shooters got hot for a month a few years back and we reached the tournament. Its kind of silly to expect that to lead to success on a yearly basis.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe what this team has done with all Freshmen and Sophomores.

Next year they will dance. NIT at a minimum.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. I'm fluctuating between realist and optimism. I love Nebraska hoops just about as much as football. At the core I really don't want a coaching change. I don't. Not yet. With so many close losses and dumbfounding losses I wonder about Miles and the staff.

For the record I like Miles way more than Sandler and Collier. The last thing I want to do is have an itchy trigger finger with Miles

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chalk the close losses up to youth.

But seriously, anybody who looked at the schedule before the season and thought we were going to be above .500 was a crazy sumbitch.

One senior on the team and we're in a tournament with UCLA, Dayton and Va Tech....all of which we played away from PBA......play Creighton.....Kansas, Clemson, Indiana, Maryland on the road.....

Those are just the hard ones. The other Big 10 games aren't easy.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We easily had the most improbable road to making the dance of any team in the nation this year given our inexperience and SOS.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe what this team has done with all Freshmen and Sophomores.

Next year they will dance. NIT at a minimum.
We'll see. It just seems like it's the same thing year in, year out. Youth, injuries and transfers.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. It just seems like it's the same thing year in, year out. Youth, injuries and transfers.
I would not be surprised at all if Morrow transfers this off season. You can see him getting frustated on the court, last night especially. He's open A LOT but for some reason doesn't get any touches. Once the frustration sets in he starts doing some stupid things and Tim yanks him. For the life of me, I don't know why you bring in a 4 star guy to set picks all night. He'd be a 15 and 10 guy anywhere else.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. I'm fluctuating between realist and optimism. I love Nebraska hoops just about as much as football. At the core I really don't want a coaching change. I don't. Not yet. With so many close losses and dumbfounding losses I wonder about Miles and the staff.

For the record I like Miles way more than Sandler and Collier. The last thing I want to do is have an itchy trigger finger with Miles

That is a good view. Success is built on consistency and changing head coach every 3-5 years is not that. So I do think Miles is the best they have had when compared to the last two (since Nee), so they need to keep him around at least 2-3 more years to see what happend. Funny that the last two coaches lasted 6 years