• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#5: Who do you want? Who do you think?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm not saying they are the end all be all of anything when it comes to scouting. Just more to show that this draft is unique in the possibility of 4 QB's turning into something. And I do agree that good chance 2 of these guys bust. I also look though at past drafts and see Guards that have been taken top-10 and RB's taken top-10 and the bust rate is actually still pretty high. Or at least I would say the impact they make is less than you would hope for in taking a player top-10. Chubb to me is the only player outside of the QB's worth taking. RB and Guard are both two fo the deeper positions in this entire draft. I would rather wait on those positions to still find a guy that can turn into a quality starter. Chubb though is the only pass rusher I trust to meet expectations from the pass rusher group. The others are huge unknowns. Some potential but guys who haven't shown a ton on the field yet.
Yes I agree on guard

Remeber Joe Thomas never made a playoff mainly due to the QB position in CLev

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I agree on guard

Remeber Joe Thomas never made a playoff mainly due to the QB position in CLev

Lots of HOF level talent goes throughout an entire career rarely experiencing success because of a franchises inability to find a QB. I think of Adrian Peterson and in all of his greatness his team has experienced very limited success. Minnesota finally gets a good team and they ship him off. Barry Sanders is the one I feel really bad for that he had so little talent around him. Champ is another for the Broncos.

If there is a QB at 5 that the Broncos like I just can't see them passing on such an opportunity.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of HOF level talent goes throughout an entire career rarely experiencing success because of a franchises inability to find a QB. I think of Adrian Peterson and in all of his greatness his team has experienced very limited success. Minnesota finally gets a good team and they ship him off. Barry Sanders is the one I feel really bad for that he had so little talent around him. Champ is another for the Broncos.

If there is a QB at 5 that the Broncos like I just can't see them passing on such an opportunity.

Barry retired on me - a week after I picked him #1 in the fantasy draft - that's hard to forget.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry retired on me - a week after I picked him #1 in the fantasy draft - that's hard to forget.
Forgiveness might be a healthy remedy for you. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgiveness might be a healthy remedy for you. ;)

He was - like - 4 yards short of the all time rushing record - who retires with that in front of them?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top pick for Bronco fans (if available) seem to be:
  1. Josh Rosen
  2. Saquon Barkley
  3. Bradley Chubb
In that order. Many also think that Baker Mayfield is the apple of John Elway's eye. We shall see how this unfolds.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right- But I am asking if you have examples of where he has tipped his hand in the past? What about this from his past makes you think that he is leaving Mayfield out because he wants to draft him? Not saying you're wrong. He drooled over Mayfield at the SR bowl. Just thinking from past experiences is this a common trend of his? Or are you just guessing?

Not sure if it was him tipping his hand but selecting Brock in the 2nd round was the worst kept secret ever.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the Broncos are not always the best at keeping things quiet. A month before the draft last year I was told it would be Garrett Bolles unless McCaffrey somehow fell to them at 20. They had Bolles as a top-10 player on their board so were jumping for joy when he made it to 20. Paxton Lynch was another that it was pretty obvious Elway was head over heals in love with as a prospect.

Then again I would add that Elway's first draft it wasn't until maybe the day before the draft that all of a sudden rumors of them leaning towards Von Miller started popping up. Everybody though it would be Peterson or Dareus.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has always been pretty good about not releasing a list of players they have met with. It’s hard for things not to leak out picking #5 though. Pre Elway it was always tough with Denver. Seemed they’d take a lot of players they never met with. I know Eric Decker and Zane Beadles had a workouts with Denver but other players I knew that were drafted by Denver didn’t even speak to them this included Perrish Cox, Kayvon Webster, Jack Williams, Darcel McBath, Nick Eason. (All but Webster were pre Elway so just giving examples of mostly the past) Jay Cutler said publicly he had never spoken to Denver.

I feel like the Ravens, Dolphins, Colts, Giants, Browns and Bears names come up A LOT when players tell me who they have scheduled workout with or if you read draft tidbits. Especially the Colts and Dolphins. I don’t ever recall Patrick Peterson to Denver being a real serious thought. (Not saying it wasn’t but our KFFL board seemed to be pretty convinced it narrowed down to Dareus vs Von Miller and seemed a few weeks before the draft it was almost certain to be Von Miller) I do remember Bolles being well documented that Denver liked him. That one didn’t seem to be much of a secret. I think Elway has been easier to judge then during the pre-Elway days where everything was VERY hush hush... It doesn seem like a lot of the non high draft picks he works out he will take later in the draft if they are still sitting around (Will Parks, Trevor Siemian, Zac Dysert) but all in all the draft is never an easy thing to figure out. I think most fans think everyone is gonna fill NEED, NEED, NEED then they complain when a team goes BPA in their opinion which is never the same opinion is ours (the fans).

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want? Nelson. Draft? I have no idea. Either a QB that they fall in love with or Chubb/Nelson/Barkley/Fitz. I wouldn't mind if they traded back and grabbed Vita Vea and Will Hernandez though.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you can get the best player in the draft - why pick a QB - with a miserable right pick success history? I still say - you don't Pick one of the top rookie QBs without playing him at the earliest opportunity. The Non-QB pick will help this team - this season - more.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you can get the best player in the draft - why pick a QB - with a miserable right pick success history? I still say - you don't Pick one of the top rookie QBs without playing him at the earliest opportunity. The Non-QB pick will help this team - this season - more.
1. Why take a chance on a QB? Because the NFL is set up to be a QB league. Without a very good/great QB you have no chance.
2. I agree that Chubb or Barkley, no doubt they will have a MUCH bigger impact this year than any of the QBs. But what about 5 years from now? 10 years from now? That QB could still be leading the team if it’s the right choice.

I could be excited with Rosen, Barkley or Mayfield. I could also be excited about Chubb or Barkley. So I’m prepared to be happy. Or not! ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Why take a chance on a QB? Because the NFL is set up to be a QB league. Without a very good/great QB you have no chance.
2. I agree that Chubb or Barkley, no doubt they will have a MUCH bigger impact this year than any of the QBs. But what about 5 years from now? 10 years from now? That QB could still be leading the team if it’s the right choice.

I could be excited with Rosen, Barkley or Mayfield. I could also be excited about Chubb or Barkley. So I’m prepared to be happy. Or not! ;)

Glad to see you so in balance George.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a QB that the Broncos absolutely love in this draft then to me you do whatever it takes to get them even if that means trading up. QB is the one position you don't try to get cute with. You have to be aggressive and then just hope that the player is who you thought he would be. If there is not a QB though that you are completely sold on then obviously staying put or trading back makes sense and just take best player available.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was - like - 4 yards short of the all time rushing record - who retires with that in front of them?

I'm going to pick "Who is Barry Sanders"?

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1