• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5* PF Austin Nichols on OV to Tennessee...

jmoore_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5* (according to Rivals.com) PF Austin Nichols is in Knoxville today starting his Official Visit, he visited Duke for an OV 2 weeks ago & was at Memphis' Midnight Madness last Friday.

He was suppose to announce sometime next week but may move that back. Tennessee is thought to be the leader right now. His twin sister is a student at Tennessee, one of his good friends from his summer AAU team is already committed to Tennessee (5* SG Robert Hubbs) & is trying to talk him into joining him at Tennessee. Nichols father is also a huge Tennessee Vols football fan.

This is thought to be a battle between Tennessee/Duke/Memphis.

jmoore_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pray:

Landing two 5* recruits would be awesome

Tennessee seems to be in good shape right now, but I'm a little worried about Duke & Memphis. Austin grew up a Duke fan & said it was his dream school, & Memphis' coach Pastner is putting a lot of pressure on him to stay at home & play at Memphis.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they will be freshmen starting the 2013-2014 season. Would likely enroll into Tennessee June 2013.

Oh, gotcha. Would be huge for our basketball program if we could land him. Martin has only been here a short time, but I really like what he's doing. Really looking forward to this upcoming season.

jmoore_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, gotcha. Would be huge for our basketball program if we could land him. Martin has only been here a short time, but I really like what he's doing. Really looking forward to this upcoming season.

Me too, as I already posted in another thread I have high expectations for this years team. Martin really needs to get this team in the NCAAT to take the next step as a coach. If he can get this team to around 22+ wins & a Sweet 16 w/ Hubbs & possibly Nichols coming in next year he could have the ball rolling again like Pearl did.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, as I already posted in another thread I have high expectations for this years team. Martin really needs to get this team in the NCAAT to take the next step as a coach. If he can get this team to around 22+ wins & a Sweet 16 w/ Hubbs & possibly Nichols coming in next year he could have the ball rolling again like Pearl did.

Yep, I agree. A lot of expectations by our fans for this season, I think almost everyone is expecting to make the NCAA Tourney this year. I almost like the fact we're not ranked to start the season...

jmoore_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I agree. A lot of expectations by our fans for this season, I think almost everyone is expecting to make the NCAA Tourney this year. I almost like the fact we're not ranked to start the season...

I like the "underdog" role for this team.

I'll say this though, I am worried about our schedule being too tough. Playing all those good teams before our conference schedule could wear us down. I'm also worried about Maymon's knee's. He had surgery on both of them in the offseason & he hasn't been practicing lately, they say it's just precautionary though.