• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #5 OREGON DUCKS vs #6 Michigan State

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was a great game and congrats to Michigan State for the win. IMO, Oregon did the right thing by going for the TD on 4th and goal from the one yard line. Did it cost them the game, I don't think so. Oregon had other chances to win that game, they just lost to a better team last night. It isn't over yet for Oregon this season, they still have some big games to play.
I still say the teams are about even and MSU was only the better team last night. play it again and it could very well go the other way. I dont think this years Oregon team could do to MSU what it did last year but I think it could win by 3 just the same.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um the fact Oregon basically held Cook and MSU to 24 pts at home.

Yeah except they didn't. It was 31 and more like 34 we're playing make believe (which you apparently are) and count the missed chip shot. That said, the duck's D did look better.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, i thought MSU's defense couldn't stand up to top end offenses. Now, who was that Texas fan that kept saying that...hmm :scratch:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon Adams has only had a few weeks to learn this system and know his teammates, and for his teammates to know him.

He was also hurt.

He will grow and get better each week along with this team. We lost by 3 on the road to a top 5 team with an NFL QB. Not bad. Not bad at all.

ALSO

why didn't Helfrich bring in more RBs throughout the game. We didn't see James until Royce got hurt. We need to be rotating our RBs in and out just like we did against EWU. We have very talented RBs, lets use them!
But, I was told your offense didn't miss a beat... :noidea:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, I was told your offense didn't miss a beat... :noidea:
I honestly don't think they have. by seasons end Oregon will be in the same range they have been for the last few years.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid Oregon, you only had one job. This is why you'll never be a rusty nail team.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, i thought MSU's defense couldn't stand up to top end offenses. Now, who was that Texas fan that kept saying that...hmm :scratch:
I'm guessing it's just that Oregon doesn't have one of the top offenses this year. Their QB looked terrible.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think they have. by seasons end Oregon will be in the same range they have been for the last few years.

How can you say they haven't taken a step back, and they will be back to where they were by the end of the year in the same sentence?

That's some OD kind of BS...

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon total offense last year 1st was and right now is 12th
5th in passing offense last year 40th
10th in rushing offense 5th right now

Right now only slightly behind in total
way behind in passing
ahead in rushing
Oregons passing will not get back up to 5th. that pretty much a record. before that 20th in 13. and before that Oregon hardly even broke top 50 in passing. rushing will not fall off so will they be the same as last year? no.
will they be in the same range as recent top 10? yes.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you say they haven't taken a step back, and they will be back to where they were by the end of the year in the same sentence?

That's some OD kind of BS...
Honestly, I think they did take a minor step back, but they did lose a HEISMAN winning QB, one that just happened to literally get a perfect QB rating in his first game in the NFL. That's a bit of a hole to fill. While Adams may not be the QB Marcus is I think the pieces around him should be able to compensate enough to keep the Ducks in contention for the Pac-12 title and possibly the CFB playoff if they can run the table. It's not like they got blown out by a scrub team they went toe to toe with a top tier team and came up a little short.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

way behind in passing
ahead in rushing
Oregons passing will not get back up to 5th. that pretty much a record. before that 20th in 13. and before that Oregon hardly even broke top 50 in passing. rushing will not fall off so will they be the same as last year? no.

OK. First off, I think 0regones offense will be fine and better than most. But no. Not as good as last year, and maybe not top 10 nationally. I foresee a lot more interceptions and sacks this year than in years past.

Secondly you played an FCS team with absolutely no defense whatsoever. So offensive stats to this pt for 0regone amount to bunk.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh jesus christ. Obviously they took a step back, and obviously it has something to do with losing that Hawaiian freak Mariota. Calm down guys, I'm flipping OD shit because he assured everyone that your offense is just as good as ever, among other things...

Look at you guys all frazzled after an early season loss...

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. First off, I think 0regones offense will be fine and better than most. But no. Not as good as last year, and maybe not top 10 nationally. I foresee a lot more interceptions and sacks this year than in years past.

Secondly you played an FCS team with absolutely no defense whatsoever. So offensive stats to this pt for 0regone amount to bunk.

and the 28 points on MSU who gave that much up all of 4 times last year? 3 of which were to top 5 teams.
432 total yards? MSU gave up that much 3 times last year Oregon Ohio State and Baylor.
that 432 is all of 60 less than last year. not much difference.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

way behind in passing
ahead in rushing

So they are
11 places behind in total offense.
35 places behind in passing offense.
Only 5 places ahead in rushing offense.

But your offense hasn't missed a beat.

I'd post a facepalm meme, but I don't think one has been made big enough to cover this one.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think they did take a minor step back, but they did lose a HEISMAN winning QB, one that just happened to literally get a perfect QB rating in his first game in the NFL. That's a bit of a hole to fill. While Adams may not be the QB Marcus is I think the pieces around him should be able to compensate enough to keep the Ducks in contention for the Pac-12 title and possibly the CFB playoff if they can run the table. It's not like they got blown out by a scrub team they went toe to toe with a top tier team and came up a little short.

All true. The step back is in the fact that with Mariota back there, Oregon almost assuredly wins that game and probably by at least 10 points. Adams is and will be very good. By the end of the season, he may even have the Ducks offense humming along at Mariota levels.

But until that happens, claiming there's no difference and they haven't skipped a beat as some Duck fans are saying, is an odd combination of blind homerism and denial.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shows the difference in the Oregon and Washington programs...

Football is a way of life in Oregon. Not in Washington.

Go to the fish market bro and get yourself some cod to grill.
*"Football has been a way of life in Oregon for almost 10 years now bro."

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they are
11 places behind in total offense.
35 places behind in passing offense.
Only 5 places ahead in rushing offense.

But your offense hasn't missed a beat.

I'd post a facepalm meme, but I don't think one has been made big enough to cover this one.
to be in the same avg range as they have been in recent years? top 10 offense yes they are right on course right now.