• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #5 OREGON DUCKS vs #6 Michigan State

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to be honest about what I saw from Oregon in this game. Adams did not look impressive at all. Looked like a very vanilla offensive gameplan. Oregon rushing: 43 attempts for 123 yards. Long of 17 yards. That's not Oregon football. Adams: 14 rushes for 6 yards....The Oregon defense looked frighteningly bad at times, missing multiple tackles, getting no push off the ball, bad plays in the secondary. The main thing I noticed is that it didn't seem like the Oregon pace was there. They weren't playing aggressive at all. The defense wasn't playing active. Just seemed like an overall bad game by Oregon. Sad to say, because I enjoy watching them play, but that was hard to watch at times. Great win for Michigan State obviously. They deserve credit for being part of the reason Oregon looked like this.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to be honest about what I saw from Oregon in this game. Adams did not look impressive at all. Looked like a very vanilla offensive gameplan. Oregon rushing: 43 attempts for 123 yards. Long of 17 yards. That's not Oregon football. Adams: 14 rushes for 6 yards....The Oregon defense looked frighteningly bad at times, missing multiple tackles, getting no push off the ball, bad plays in the secondary. The main thing I noticed is that it didn't seem like the Oregon pace was there. They weren't playing aggressive at all. The defense wasn't playing active. Just seemed like an overall bad game by Oregon. Sad to say, because I enjoy watching them play, but that was hard to watch at times. Great win for Michigan State obviously. They deserve credit for being part of the reason Oregon looked like this.
Oregon's defense has been predicated off giving up a ton of yards but stiffening in the red zone. They have to with the pace the offense usually runs at. That said, compared to last week they did much better. If the young DBs continue at this rate of progress they should be more than ready by the time conference play starts. The offense did look very bad, not sure what was up whether the Sparty D took away things they had planned for or if they were having a bad game I dunno, but why they didn't run out Benoit or the freshman until late in the game I'm clueless about.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon Adams has only had a few weeks to learn this system and know his teammates, and for his teammates to know him.

He was also hurt.

He will grow and get better each week along with this team. We lost by 3 on the road to a top 5 team with an NFL QB. Not bad. Not bad at all.

ALSO

why didn't Helfrich bring in more RBs throughout the game. We didn't see James until Royce got hurt. We need to be rotating our RBs in and out just like we did against EWU. We have very talented RBs, lets use them!

Everyone bitches about SEC bias and all that, but why the hell is Michigan St allowed to play with an NFL QB?

Oregon should protest, this is college football and that's not right.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone bitches about SEC bias and all that, but why the hell is Michigan St allowed to play with an NFL QB?

Oregon should protest, this is college football and that's not right.
Oregon should protest the spot of the ball on that 4th down play....

epic bull shit there budydy.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon should protest the spot of the ball on that 4th down play....

epic bull shit there budydy.

Yes because Oregon didn't get the ball back after that and blow it anyway. It was the refs.

Your coach gave the game away when he was a dumbass and tried to get a TD on 4th down rather than taking the 3 points.

How many points did Oregon lose by again? Was it 3?

Yeah, that's why good coaches don't leave those kinds of points on the field.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Oregon get exposed?? They lost to the #5 team in the country in their back yard in a damn good game. Oregon had their chances, but Michigan was the better team tonight. I agree that Oregon isn't as good as last year, but they will probably win the PAC12 North again this year.
the fuck you say?
:comeatmebro:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just caught up on the 35 pages I missed in this thread. It got my heart racing as I relived most of these plays in my head. 4D20 is lambasting Oregon for not taking the points but Michigan State in the second quarter said screw the field goal we are going for the touchdown. But Oregon has a competent kicker and ours sucks more bags of dicks than Miley Cyrus at a record producers office.

OD, if you want to take away our "weak touchdown drive" then I will take away your kickoff touchdown and we still win by three.

Michigan State plays a slow, methodical, possession offense. We aren't going to put up a bunch of points but neither is the other team because we are going to eat up the clock.

Great game, I hope we don't play you in the playoffs, if we make it there.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just caught up on the 35 pages I missed in this thread. It got my heart racing as I relived most of these plays in my head. 4D20 is lambasting Oregon for not taking the points but Michigan State in the second quarter said screw the field goal we are going for the touchdown. But Oregon has a competent kicker and ours sucks more bags of dicks than Miley Cyrus at a record producers office.

OD, if you want to take away our "weak touchdown drive" then I will take away your kickoff touchdown and we still win by three.

Michigan State plays a slow, methodical, possession offense. We aren't going to put up a bunch of points but neither is the other team because we are going to eat up the clock.

Great game, I hope we don't play you in the playoffs, if we make it there.
Yes it was a great game and congrats to Michigan State for the win. IMO, Oregon did the right thing by going for the TD on 4th and goal from the one yard line. Did it cost them the game, I don't think so. Oregon had other chances to win that game, they just lost to a better team last night. It isn't over yet for Oregon this season, they still have some big games to play.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was a great game and congrats to Michigan State for the win. IMO, Oregon did the right thing by going for the TD on 4th and goal from the one yard line. Did it cost them the game, I don't think so. Oregon had other chances to win that game, they just lost to a better team last night. The isn't over yet for Oregon this season, they still have some big games to play.
I said before the game that this game will have no bearing on the playoffs. I don't see any conference getting two teams into the playoffs this year. If Michigan State does not beat Ohio State then we are not going to the playoffs. So although this game is great and all, ultimately it means nothing for our playoff chances.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said before the game that this game will have no bearing on the playoffs. I don't see any conference getting two teams into the playoffs this year. If Michigan State does not beat Ohio State then we are not going to the playoffs. So although this game is great and all, ultimately it means nothing for our playoff chances.
I agree, losing to the #5 team in the country in their back yard by 3 point, shouldn't hurt Oregon all that much, if they win out. I also agree with you that there won't be any conference getting two teams into the playoffs.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Ducks came out on the short side but it definitely was a great game!! It does make for an interesting conference schedule now. Oregon must run the table to have a chance IMO. For that to happen, VA must drastically improve or we're toast.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, losing to the #5 team in the country in their back yard by 3 point, shouldn't hurt Oregon all that much, if they win out. I also agree with you that there won't be any conference getting two teams into the playoffs.
If Oregon and USC win out, it sets up a huge November game for sure!!

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shows the difference in the Oregon and Washington programs...

Football is a way of life in Oregon. Not in Washington.

Go to the fish market bro and get yourself some cod to grill.
Ah, now this is what I always look forward to seeing.

So glad you're back, good sir!