• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5.9.2017 Hahaha @ LOL

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Cueto, what non-part-of-the-future player could actually bring anything back? Nunez' value is falling faster than tz' depends stockpile. Pence may have some value, but if you thought that the Duffy trade hurt, you haven't seen anything yet. Sammy? Maybe, if he starts to really burn and the SP market blows up.

But none of those (Cueto included) would demand the haul that Panik would get.

Giants aren't getting anything back for Nunez. They gave up Mejia, a 5th starter, for 1.5 years of him after an All-Star first half (he was very good, even if he was not a true All-Star). That's the ceiling if we find a great deal. Pence will be a tough move and the best we could hope for would be a bad contract swap, and that's if his contract situation isn't as complicated as I thought, same goes for Span. I could see Jeff getting a pretty good haul if someone gets desperate out there, but I wouldn't bank on it. Strickland might net something.

So yes, I agree with you that Panik might be our most valuable asset. But it better be a damn good deal that that will help us compete next year, or I don't agree with it's worth.