• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5.6.17 Battle of the Lefties: Blach vs. Garrett

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants' lineup:

Tomlinson-4
Belt-3
Pence-9
Posey-2
Arroyo-5
Riggiano-7
Nunez-6
Hernandez-8
Blach-1

Amir Garrett is a rookie, so no Giant has numbers against him. Although, with all the time guys in the lineup have spent in the minor leagues lately, it's possible some have come across him.

I've seen Garrett a couple of time this year, he's a lot of fun to watch. 3 pitch guy, FB goes 88-95, pretty straight, but has some sink sometimes. He throws a slider 77-82, it's not very big as far as sliders go, but it's tough to pick up. Then he throws a really good changeup 78-85, but mostly in the 80s. Pretty typical guy, sets up hitters with his fastball, changeups to right-handers, sliders to left-handers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants' lineup:

Amir Garrett is a rookie, so no Giant has numbers against him. Although, with all the time guys in the lineup have spent in the minor leagues lately, it's possible some have come across him.

I've seen Garrett a couple of time this year, he's a lot of fun to watch. 3 pitch guy, FB goes 88-95, pretty straight, but has some sink sometimes. He throws a slider 77-82, it's not very big as far as sliders go, but it's tough to pick up. Then he throws a really good changeup 78-85, but mostly in the 80s. Pretty typical guy, sets up hitters with his fastball, changeups to right-handers, sliders to left-handers.

I was listening to the Cincy broadcaster describing Garrett to KNBR today... sounds like he'll be a handful for long while. Big guy, hides his delivery, very confident....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya gotta like the way the giants changed it up today...

last night it was death by 1,000 singles, today they've stopped the singles..

the long ball, that's a different story

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still 24 minutes until the warriors tip-off and 84 until we see if stanford can extend their winning streak to 11 games.... not sure i can take 24 minutes more of the giants....

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again boys! Man, the Giants secondary is really getting torched this series. And with Blach now starting, we really don't have a long reliever for these sorts of blowouts. Not to mention we can't hit a freaking thing and we left our fielding gloves on the bus.

10-2 in the 3rd

Mercy.

Wasn't it a few years ago that someone called the season over in Cincinnati because of a huge blown lead? It was around the first of May.

Man there is nothing going well with this team. No-thing.

Reds have 11 hits, we have 1

Dang, I hate baseball right now.

Go Dubs!

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you all know that slugging percentages can actually get into the .500 and .600 levels? Weird.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone looked into who could possibly be the number 1 overall pick in 2018?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again boys! Man, the Giants secondary is really getting torched this series. And with Blach now starting, we really don't have a long reliever for these sorts of blowouts. Not to mention we can't hit a freaking thing and we left our fielding gloves on the bus.

10-2 in the 3rd

Mercy.

Wasn't it a few years ago that someone called the season over in Cincinnati because of a huge blown lead? It was around the first of May.

Man there is nothing going well with this team. No-thing.

Reds have 11 hits, we have 1

Dang, I hate baseball right now.

Go Dubs!
I think you are referring to 2010 when NN threw in the towel after the Giants came back from about a 10-run deficit only to lose in extras.

Yea, this team has no ability to come back from a 2-run deficit, let alone a 10-run deficit.

It really is shocking what this team is doing since the ASB. I don't remember an utter collapse of this magnitude occurring at a very identifiable point in time, with no known catalyst to start it.

Baffling.