• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5-1

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like book a lot more than winbush.

Same.

Think 9-3 is too much to ask from this team.

My guess is we lose to USC and Stanford. I think we win the other 4 games. Thoughts?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same.

Think 9-3 is too much to ask from this team.

My guess is we lose to USC and Stanford. I think we win the other 4 games. Thoughts?
I really have no idea. I dont think this Stanford team is anything special. The games against USC, Miami, and nc state are all coin flips

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have no idea. I dont think this Stanford team is anything special. The games against USC, Miami, and nc state are all coin flips

I will be pretty pissed if we lose b2b home games against USC and NC State. That would really stink

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be pretty pissed if we lose b2b home games against USC and NC State. That would really stink

i have no confidence at all in kelly's ability to avoid this. i've seen nothing yet to change my mind about this being a 7-5 season. so far nd has won the games i thought they'd win and they should pick up just two more (navy and wake). if they win any other games i'll be pleasantly surprised.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no confidence at all in kelly's ability to avoid this. i've seen nothing yet to change my mind about this being a 7-5 season. so far nd has won the games i thought they'd win and they should pick up just two more (navy and wake). if they win any other games i'll be pleasantly surprised.

You have very low standards especially considering they beat a MSU team away from home who just owned a top 10 team in Michigan.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, he's got a great arm but made some ill-advised throws, two of which resulted in INT's.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our schedule currently has 7 teams on it that are ranked in the top 25. Three in the top 13. If Wimbush settles down, and we avoid any stupid injuries, we could be in a pretty good situation by the end of the year. (My optimism surfaces again).

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our schedule currently has 7 teams on it that are ranked in the top 25. Three in the top 13. If Wimbush settles down, and we avoid any stupid injuries, we could be in a pretty good situation by the end of the year. (My optimism surfaces again).

You're not alone this time.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have very low standards especially considering they beat a MSU team away from home who just owned a top 10 team in Michigan.
they squeaked past iowa, squeaked past an over-rated michigan and played no one else worth mentioning. i don't think that was a huge win for nd.
time will tell.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a team left on our schedule that scares me to the point of saying yep, we're going to lose, badly. Then again, there isn't a team left on our schedule that I am going to say, yeah, that's a definite win, and that includes Wake and Navy.

I think the MSU win ends up looking better than it did when we played them, but that doesn't change the equation for the rest of the season. The next three matchups are going to be tough. Lets assume they are fully energized and pumped for USC and they win, they have to keep that energy up for NC St. and then after that, a Wake team you can't really sleep on.

Now is when we see if the strength and conditioning changes paid off too. Nov.is when poorly conditioned teams fade away and injuries take over.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a team left on our schedule that scares me to the point of saying yep, we're going to lose, badly. Then again, there isn't a team left on our schedule that I am going to say, yeah, that's a definite win, and that includes Wake and Navy.

I think the MSU win ends up looking better than it did when we played them, but that doesn't change the equation for the rest of the season. The next three matchups are going to be tough. Lets assume they are fully energized and pumped for USC and they win, they have to keep that energy up for NC St. and then after that, a Wake team you can't really sleep on.

Now is when we see if the strength and conditioning changes paid off too. Nov.is when poorly conditioned teams fade away and injuries take over.

Miami and USC worry me

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like a Book, but not as much as Wimbush. Book started one game, against North Carolina. NC ranked #114 in total defense, by far the worst of all the teams that we have played. The second worst was Temple at #98. But with respect to passing defense NC ranked #74 in yards given up. The only team that Wimbush faced that was worse was Temple at # 102. The other 4 teams that Wimbush has faced are ranked #10, #13, #21 and #29. I think it's clear that Wimbush has faced much stiffer competition.

I'm happy that Book looks like a quality backup, but I think our future lies with Wimbush. Hopefully he can start to feel more comfortable. Good news is that SC ranked behind North Carolina in passing yards surrendered.