• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. On the flip side, I'm thinking Lindblom's roster spot is in jeopardy.

I think he makes it. Just based off where they're putting him in the lineups. He's essentially been put with the top offensive players every night. 5 on 5 and on the PP. Though Filpula did replace him on the PP1 last night.

I agree he didn't look great last night. But I would imagine he's a little worn down. He's played in every game possible I think right? Wednesday, Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, plus what everyone is saying has been tough practices. Patrick is in the same boat, but I didn't think he looked great last night either (though lots of writers seem to think he was good last night). The big, board battling, style that they play probably takes a little bit of a toll.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he didn't look great last night. But I would imagine he's a little worn down. He's played in every game possible I think right? Wednesday, Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, plus what everyone is saying has been tough practices. Patrick is in the same boat, but I didn't think he looked great last night either (though lots of writers seem to think he was good last night). The big, board battling, style that they play probably takes a little bit of a toll.

True, didn't think about that.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Llooks like Giroux is gunna play wing with Coots and Jake tomorrow. Could be an interesting look.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Llooks like Giroux is gunna play wing with Coots and Jake tomorrow. Could be an interesting look.

Looking forward to it. Back from vacation now and I am going to be trying to find out how to watch this game tomorrow night online. By all accounts, Giroux and Ghost seem to be in fantastic shape. There are two guys who will make us a lot better when they bounce back. Just the improvements to the power play alone would be significant.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to it. Back from vacation now and I am going to be trying to find out how to watch this game tomorrow night online. By all accounts, Giroux and Ghost seem to be in fantastic shape. There are two guys who will make us a lot better when they bounce back. Just the improvements to the power play alone would be significant.
Welcome back! I am hearing good things about Gee being back in great hockey shape. His speed coming back would help Jake tremendously. It will be like getting three players back if Gee and Ghost are good to go.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited for G at wing tonight too. Hopefully it really sparks them. If they can get it together and be a true threat at 5 on 5 that would go a big way to making the playoffs IMO

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited for G at wing tonight too. Hopefully it really sparks them. If they can get it together and be a true threat at 5 on 5 that would go a big way to making the playoffs IMO
I didn't realize it but he said before he became a pro he was always a winger.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

REMAINING ROSTER BATTLES

Depending on whether the Flyers intend to enter the season with 13 or 14 forwards -- general manager Ron Hextall has already said that he prefers not to have eight defensemen -- there may only be two more roster cuts to make among the forwards and one more to make on defense.

The most likely cuts up front will come from among Mike Vecchione (waiver exempt), Taylor Leier (waivers apply) and possibly veteran Matt Read. On defense, assuming Brandon Manning (offseason back surgery) is physically ready to be on the opening night roster, second-year pro Travis Sanheim (waivers exempt) remains the most likely final cut from the roster.

Just by virtue of the way the remaining numbers game look with 16 healthy forwards still in camp, it looks like both Nolan Patrick and Oskar Lindblom will make the NHL roster for opening night. Ditto Scott Laughton, who was protected in the expansion draft.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

REMAINING ROSTER BATTLES

Depending on whether the Flyers intend to enter the season with 13 or 14 forwards -- general manager Ron Hextall has already said that he prefers not to have eight defensemen -- there may only be two more roster cuts to make among the forwards and one more to make on defense.

The most likely cuts up front will come from among Mike Vecchione (waiver exempt), Taylor Leier (waivers apply) and possibly veteran Matt Read. On defense, assuming Brandon Manning (offseason back surgery) is physically ready to be on the opening night roster, second-year pro Travis Sanheim (waivers exempt) remains the most likely final cut from the roster.

Just by virtue of the way the remaining numbers game look with 16 healthy forwards still in camp, it looks like both Nolan Patrick and Oskar Lindblom will make the NHL roster for opening night. Ditto Scott Laughton, who was protected in the expansion draft.

I think its interesting that Manning often gets overlooked as a potential cut. Seems kind of odd to me. Everyone seems to think he's the designated 7th dman, but what if you cut him and AMac is your 7th dman? Or maybe it rotates a little bit for a while? The more I read/watch, the more I think Sanheim has a decent shot at making the team and pushing Manning down to the Phantoms.

Agree with Bill on the forwards though. The more interesting part of the forwards is who is in the press box.