• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed all around. I'm partial to Read from the past, but if you assume Laughton/Raffl are 2/3 of the 4th line, I'd probably be happy as long as the 3rd wasn't Bardreau haha.

I think we might see Hakstol spread the wealth and go with 4 balanced lines as opposed to 2 scoring lines and 2 defensive lines. While the Flyers are lacking some true high-end talent, this is a REALLY deep group of NHL caliber forwards. The fact that we're talking about Filppula on the 4th lines is a strong indicator of that. Good times!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a Flyers/Phantoms split today in practice..

Listed for the 'Flyers':
Konecny
Raffl
Couturier
Lethera
Simmonds
Laughton
Weise
Read
Giroux
McDonald (bit of a surprise)
Weal
Filppula
Lindblom
Patrick
Voracek

Gudas
Provorov
Manning
MacDonald
Hagg
Morin
Gostisbehere
Sanheim

Neuvirth
Elliot
Lyon

notables with Phantoms: Bardreau, Vorobyev, Leier, Vecchione, Myers

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Listed for the 'Flyers':
Konecny
Raffl
Couturier
Lethera
Simmonds
Laughton
Weise
Read
Giroux
McDonald (bit of a surprise)
Weal
Filppula
Lindblom
Patrick
Voracek

Gudas
Provorov
Manning
MacDonald
Hagg
Morin
Gostisbehere
Sanheim

Neuvirth
Elliot
Lyon

notables with Phantoms: Bardreau, Vorobyev, Leier, Vecchione, Myers
I like McDonald's game he brings energy and grit to the team.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is our Kings fan here? I didn't realize Lombardi crippled the Kings cap for years? I don't follow the Kings that close to be honest, but I was surprised by the falling out of himand the Kings parting ways.. From what I read from BroadStreet Hockey, it seems he has an issue of loyalty to his players (Mike Richards), which ultimately cost him his job. Also, he got them in cap hell it sounds like. I'm only aware of his success from building within the organization and so forth. Again, how do you guys feel about this? I originally loved the idea bringing in another guy with experience and knowing talent via draft, but this almost sounds like maybe not a good idea?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm thinking it may be a battle between McDonald and Read for the last spot, if they even go with 14 forwards. Wouldn't be surprised to see both sent down and the Flyers just go with 13 to start if everyone is healthy.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking it may be a battle between McDonald and Read for the last spot, if they even go with 14 forwards. Wouldn't be surprised to see both sent down and the Flyers just go with 13 to start if everyone is healthy.

I agree with you there. I think Vecchione being waiver exempt is going to doom him for now, otherwise I'd probably put him above McDonald.

As we talked about yesterday, love all the potential bottom 6 options aside from Bardreau. It will easily be a significant upgrade over last season's bottom 6.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is our Kings fan here? I didn't realize Lombardi crippled the Kings cap for years? I don't follow the Kings that close to be honest, but I was surprised by the falling out of himand the Kings parting ways.. From what I read from BroadStreet Hockey, it seems he has an issue of loyalty to his players (Mike Richards), which ultimately cost him his job. Also, he got them in cap hell it sounds like. I'm only aware of his success from building within the organization and so forth. Again, how do you guys feel about this? I originally loved the idea bringing in another guy with experience and knowing talent via draft, but this almost sounds like maybe not a good idea?

I'm fine with it. The Kings won 2 cups in 3 years under his guidance. He sold the farm to win the cup with trades like Simmonds/Schenn for Richards. It's what you have to do at some point. Then he hoped Richards would rebound and didn't use a compliance buyout on him. Clearly the wrong decision and probably was at the time, but he did help them win cups. I read the other day though that they'll be carrying a cap hit of like 1.3 mil until 2032 for the Richards deal. Thank god Homer traded him honestly..

I don't mind having Lombardi on board "doing some things" as Hextall put it, but I'm glad Hextall is the one making the decisions. And I hope Holmgren/Comcast don't plan on him as the 'next guy up' when Hextall is inevitably let go. He can do some good, but he can clearly do some bad as well.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you there. I think Vecchione being waiver exempt is going to doom him for now, otherwise I'd probably put him above McDonald.

As we talked about yesterday, love all the potential bottom 6 options aside from Bardreau. It will easily be a significant upgrade over last season's bottom 6.

I'd like to see the Flyers waive Read in the hopes that he's claimed by another team.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the Flyers waive Read in the hopes that he's claimed by another team.
It would be tough with his contract but id like to see him traded for a very low round draft choice before i see him get waived.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 4 games in the first 7 days on the left coast. I would be surprised if it's not 14-7-2.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
super interesting IMO. They definitely seem to like Laughton, Filpula, Couturier, Giroux, and Patrick all at C, and clearly they can't all play C.
Couts, Gee and Jake seems like a good line to me.