• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good article. Sounds to me like we have a lot of high level talent on the way, even not including Patrick, Morin and Hagg, who are not in the camp. Carter Hart could be the next Vezina winner for us. In two or three years, he could be our starting goalie and I wouldn't be surprised if he's Matt Murray or better right away.

So, if Patrick and Lindblom both make the team (as it appears they will), two of Read, Lehtera, Weise, Raffl, Weal or Vecchione will have to sit (on the bench or in the Ahl).

Either way, there's going to be a shitload of competition at training camp in September, that much is very clear.

I'll be at the beach in OBX while most of it goes down, so give me the scoop when I get back...Lol

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article. Sounds to me like we have a lot of high level talent on the way, even not including Patrick, Morin and Hagg, who are not in the camp. Carter Hart could be the next Vezina winner for us. In two or three years, he could be our starting goalie and I wouldn't be surprised if he's Matt Murray or better right away.

So, if Patrick and Lindblom both make the team (as it appears they will), two of Read, Lehtera, Weise, Raffl, Weal or Vecchione will have to sit (on the bench or in the Ahl).

Either way, there's going to be a shitload of competition at training camp in September, that much is very clear.

I'll be at the beach in OBX while most of it goes down, so give me the scoop when I get back...Lol
If Carter Hart is the real deal it makes every other player that much better.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Manning is fine decent and good contract. Rookies must beat out guys like AMac if not bring them along slowly until they do. The guys not that bad it's just a horrible contract. Stick to the plan Hexy....

I can see Hexy working him up like he has a few others (Schenn, Streit) and getting more bang for the buck out of them.....maybe just maybe Hexy is trying to work him up so he can get a great deal to ship him off.....

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Hexy working him up like he has a few others (Schenn, Streit) and getting more bang for the buck out of them.....maybe just maybe Hexy is trying to work him up so he can get a great deal to ship him off.....
That would make sense as we have more position players in the next few years than we have room to put them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Weal will be given a chance to play on the top line this year. Cote may actually be right about this one.

I like his chances too. Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Patrick, Weal, and I think Lindblom, will be the 6 most offensive forwards on the team this season, they should be the top 6. The bottom 6 is where the question marks are to me. Aside from Couturier and maybe Filpula, I'm not sure anyone has a locked down spot.

The nice thing is, those are question marks because we have about 8 guys that could fill the final 4 spots and with just about any combination it will be better than last year's bottom 6.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his chances too. Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Patrick, Weal, and I think Lindblom, will be the 6 most offensive forwards on the team this season, they should be the top 6. The bottom 6 is where the question marks are to me. Aside from Couturier and maybe Filpula, I'm not sure anyone has a locked down spot.

The nice thing is, those are question marks because we have about 8 guys that could fill the final 4 spots and with just about any combination it will be better than last year's bottom 6.

Forgot about Konecny :L

Maybe he replaces Lindblom and Lindblom plays with Couturier.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Weal will be given a chance to play on the top line this year. Cote may actually be right about this one.
I hope so id like to have another offensive threat on this team. I like that he goes in front of the net and battles for a smaller player.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last years bottom six was embarrassingly bad offensively.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last years bottom six was embarrassingly bad offensively.

Every line should be better, really. This is courtesy of Patrick, Lindblom, Filppula, Weal, Vecchione, Raffl and even Lehtera. Patrick and Lindblom will probably have us forgetting about Schenn in a hurry. Filppula and Weal were only with us for about a quarter of the season.

I only mention Raffl because he missed 30 games last season. Vecchione only played in 2. Lehtera was just traded for. All three of these guys are probably better options than PEB, Lyubimov or VV. Raffl and Lehtera could effectively play on any line also.

Not just all of these guys, but I fully expect Giroux and Voracek to be better. People look at Giroux, but what about Voracek? He's really only had one great season with us. He's paid to be a lot better than that and it needs to happen.

It will be interesting to see where guys like Read and Weise fit in, if at all.

Last edited: