• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if they do become a top 6 we won the trade but we already had a top 6 forward that we didn't have to hope would turn into a top 6. As for Simmonds he only scores on the PP so i guess Hexy would be looking to trade him next draft.

Idk if Schenn was much of a top six guy for us given how difficult it was to find a location for him and he only had 8 goals this past season that weren't scored on the power play. Simmonds had 15 of those. Big difference.

We just sold high on Schenn here because he somehow managed to tie for the league lead in power play goals. Simmonds is a much better, cheaper player right now. Would be a tough pill to swallow if we trade him, for sure.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also how about Ratcliffe Las? Gotta like that pick right? 6'6 winger, rated as high as #15 by some, taken at #35.
You know me i love the size but i have been reading he is like a SAM Morin project because of his skating is weak

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if Schenn was much of a top six guy for us given how difficult it was to find a location for him and he only had 8 goals this past season that weren't scored on the power play. Simmonds had 15 of those. Big difference.

We just sold high on Schenn here because he somehow managed to tie for the league lead in power play goals. Simmonds is a much better, cheaper player right now. Would be a tough pill to swallow if we trade him, for sure.
I hope it works out for us but i think we took a big step backwards with this trade

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it works out for us but i think we took a big step backwards with this trade

It's a step back for the next season or two in theory, but it also sort of clears the path for guys like Konecny, Lindblom, Patrick and potentially Weal to step up and produce at a top six level right from training camp on throughout the season. Not all of them, but one or two of them, yes.

That and if none of those guys can make up for that loss in goals, we still have the two 1st round picks to rely on in the future.

Other guys need to be scoring on our power play anyway. This needs to open things up for Ghost, Voracek and Giroux to be scoring more often on the top unit.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty much us hoping one of these guys even makes it to the bigs when we already had a top 6 forward in Schenn

Gamble i'm willing to take given the current state of the team. With the additional offset of having $5 million more in 2019 to sign Simmonds, Provorov, and Konecny.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're clearly a team that is building via the draft right now, so high picks are king. I trust our scouting team and Hexy that we're picking the right guys here and if they pan out, this will turn out to be a great move for us long term.

That said, this is a move that makes it look as if we're in full-on rebuilding mode. If we somehow miss the playoffs again next season, people will be pointing at this trade.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will be the first one in line for the finger pointing you guys all know that:boink:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're clearly a team that is building via the draft right now, so high picks are king. I trust our scouting team and Hexy that we're picking the right guys here and if they pan out, this will turn out to be a great move for us long term.

That said, this is a move that makes it look as if we're in full-on rebuilding mode. If we somehow miss the playoffs again next season, people will be pointing at this trade.
Just curious what makes you trust our scouting staff so much?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I trust Hextall's drafting to this point. I can't name a player that he's missed on to this point. Granted, lots of them haven't MADE it yet. They are all widely viewed to have been improving year over year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye. Doesn't make me TOO sad. Hopefully between Lindblom and Laughton one of them can come into camp and a take a LW spot (as opposed to being handed one). I'd prefer Lindblom and his higher upside.
I like Weals ability to finish and for a smaller player he battles in front of the net. Losing him for nothing is what stinks. We should've traded him.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Weals ability to finish and for a smaller player he battles in front of the net. Losing him for nothing is what stinks. We should've traded him.

Lesser UFA's rarely have much trade value, unfortunately. Plus, it sounded like the Flyers really thought they could re-sign him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to keep Weal around 2.5, but if someone wants to pay more than that, so be it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far would you go on term?

At 2.5? Id be willing to go 3 years probably at 2.5. Not that big of a risk at such a low number. I like Weal, just concerned about such a small sample size.

I'd probably be willing to go up a little higher on a 1 year deal if Weal was interested. Like I've said on multiple topics, I don't really care about the next couple years cap. Overspend on as many players as you want, as long as the terms don't take them past 2019. Might as well spend to the cap in the meantime and try to be competitive. They'll need the cap space in the future when they're really ready to compete.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far would you go on term? 2 years @ $2.5 per would be ok with me.
If we could get him at 2.5 i dont see why we wouldn't. I heard the years got agreed upon but the money wasnt so he's shopping himself.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious what makes you trust our scouting staff so much?

Well, we drafted Ghost in the 3rd round, Lindblom in the 5th round, Hagg in the 2nd. All of our recent 1st round picks appear to be eventual impact starters. I'm talking about Provorov, Konecny, Rubtsov, Sanheim and Morin. We drafted Carter Hart last year and now he's one of the top goalie prospects in the world.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we drafted Ghost in the 3rd round, Lindblom in the 5th round, Hagg in the 2nd. All of our recent 1st round picks appear to be eventual impact starters. I'm talking about Provorov, Konecny, Rubtsov, Sanheim and Morin. We drafted Carter Hart last year and now he's one of the top goalie prospects in the world.
Of all those guys listed Prov is probably the only future all star

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all those guys listed Prov is probably the only future all star

What are you basing that off of?

IMO the following have a good chance at being future all-stars
1. Konecny
2. Lindblom
3. Patrick
4. Myers
5. Sanheim
6. Hart
7. Sandstrom
8. Ghost

And that doesn't include Frost or Ratcliffe because we'll wait a year or two to see how they develop.