• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comments on the last couple posts..

1. Wait for Hart. Price won't really be available for anything less than like Provorov, Frost, and two 1sts. No thanks. I'll wait a couple more years for a stud goalie.

2. Don't think they really need a winger IMO. Unless they move Simmonds which I think would be kind of silly. If they do move him, they'll need a goal scoring winger. I treat Simmonds like a year long rental next season.

3. Bigger needs are on defense and in the middle. Couturier and Patrick are a good 1-2, but they need a 3C pretty badly. And as excited as I am for Frost, assuming Hak is still our coach next year I'd prefer them just sign a 3C than expect/hope Frost can be that guy*. Tavares would be amazing obviously, but if not him, Statsny or Bozak could be decent options. Riley Nash also had a pretty nice year. That's if you're looking for a UFA.

4. Defense looks a little sparse FA wise. But there's a couple out there that might be worth it. Let Manning walk, hope Myers or Morin takes one of the spots. Sign someone like De Haan, Hickey, Cole, Sbisa, or maybe even Mike Green pending the price.

*If Hak is still the coach, he's not going to trust the rookies, so might as well sign a good vet.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comments on the last couple posts..

1. Wait for Hart. Price won't really be available for anything less than like Provorov, Frost, and two 1sts. No thanks. I'll wait a couple more years for a stud goalie.

2. Don't think they really need a winger IMO. Unless they move Simmonds which I think would be kind of silly. If they do move him, they'll need a goal scoring winger. I treat Simmonds like a year long rental next season.

3. Bigger needs are on defense and in the middle. Couturier and Patrick are a good 1-2, but they need a 3C pretty badly. And as excited as I am for Frost, assuming Hak is still our coach next year I'd prefer them just sign a 3C than expect/hope Frost can be that guy*. Tavares would be amazing obviously, but if not him, Statsny or Bozak could be decent options. Riley Nash also had a pretty nice year. That's if you're looking for a UFA.

4. Defense looks a little sparse FA wise. But there's a couple out there that might be worth it. Let Manning walk, hope Myers or Morin takes one of the spots. Sign someone like De Haan, Hickey, Cole, Sbisa, or maybe even Mike Green pending the price.

*If Hak is still the coach, he's not going to trust the rookies, so might as well sign a good vet.

"Wait for Hart"

Been hearing the same song and dance for 43 years.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could probably use a veteran at each skater position (center, wing and defense) to be truly competitive in the next postseason.

Here are the top four UFA's at each spot that we should target:

Center: Tavares, Stastny, Nash, Bozak

Winger: Perron, JvR, Kane, Neal

Defense: Carlson, Hickey, Cole, De Haan

Sign at least one or two of these guys in the offseason and we're in business.

Konecny, Patrick, Provorov, Lindblom, Sanheim, Hagg, Myers, Stolarz and Morin are all going to improve and make us better next season.

Hopefully some vets like Manning, Weise, Gudas, Filppula and Read get replaced by rookies or better vets. Possibly add Weal and Lehtera to that list as well.

Myers shoots right, which gives us zero reason to keep dressing Gudas.

Last edited:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Sir are correct! For some reason I always think Clarke pulled off that one. Holmgren was admittedly way worse than Clarke.
Clarke did so many fucked up things while he was the GM. I keep thinking about the whole entire Lindros era for starts.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could probably use a veteran at each skater position (center, wing and defense) to be truly competitive in the next postseason.

Konecny, Patrick, Provorov, Lindblom, Sanheim, Hagg, Myers, Stolarz and Morin are all going to improve and make us better next season.

Hopefully some vets like Manning, Weise, Gudas, Filppula and Read get replaced by rookies or better vets. Possibly add Weal and Lehtera to that list as well.

@lasgop8 would love this to happen! lulz...:dhd:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't disagree but tavares may be overkill. Stastny more realistic. Would love Price but probably not happening.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this about the Chris Pronger thing. At the time we landed Pronger, I loved it so much and I didn't mind at the time what we gave up to get him, which was a lot. I don't fault Homer on that as much as others. Now of course Pronger's career ended prematurely and that extension bit us in the ass.
I didn't go through all of this list, but can you imagine if the Preds didn't match Homer's offer on Shea Webber? That would have crippled us for a very long time. Again, at that time I loved the idea of having a giant sized dman stud playing in orange and black.
As far as JVR, mixed emotions here. At the time of this deal, nobody knew JVR would finally take the next step to becoming a big goal scorer. He was with us for a few seasons and was disappointing (ask @lasgop8 ). We needed a dman badly at the time and so imo it was worth the shot. Toronto obviously won that trade. Still think Clarke was worse.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this about the Chris Pronger thing. At the time we landed Pronger, I loved it so much and I didn't mind at the time what we gave up to get him, which was a lot. I don't fault Homer on that as much as others. Now of course Pronger's career ended prematurely and that extension bit us in the ass.
I didn't go through all of this list, but can you imagine if the Preds didn't match Homer's offer on Shea Webber? That would have crippled us for a very long time. Again, at that time I loved the idea of having a giant sized dman stud playing in orange and black.
As far as JVR, mixed emotions here. At the time of this deal, nobody knew JVR would finally take the next step to becoming a big goal scorer. He was with us for a few seasons and was disappointing (ask @lasgop8 ). We needed a dman badly at the time and so imo it was worth the shot. Toronto obviously won that trade. Still think Clarke was worse.
They were both fuckin horrible I hope Hexy can show better sense.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were both fuckin horrible I hope Hexy can show better sense.
Hexy has already done a better job just by simply developing home grown players and grooming them from the minors. He is all about draft picks and has a vision, which our GMs previously never had. They did not have patience of going through the process. Hextall will win us a cup, I'm almost certain of it. The problem now is getting the right coaching staff in place and add key pieces.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay the stewing is over.
The refs in every god damn series have been horrible .we got fucked with no call on the cross check on G,which led to his big hit on Hag in retaliation.
The no call on the slew foot on Coots which led to a goal,royally pissed me off.
In the Leafs series,Nash breaks his own stick,and they call a slash on Bozak?WTF.

Bettman has got to hold this cocksucking refs accountable.
As for our off season,use our money,prospects,draft picks,etc...and get a fucking Goalie.

Also try to land another centre-Stastny,Tavares and D-man,like Carlson,which all they have at their disposal.
Sorry,but I.m tired of waiting another year or 20 for another Cup.

This off season,is the 1st,in a long time that they actually can improve on all their weak spots,and not hurt themselves IMO.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay the stewing is over.
The refs in every god damn series have been horrible .we got fucked with no call on the cross check on G,which led to his big hit on Hag in retaliation.
The no call on the slew foot on Coots which led to a goal,royally pissed me off.
In the Leafs series,Nash breaks his own stick,and they call a slash on Bozak?WTF.

Bettman has got to hold this cocksucking refs accountable.
As for our off season,use our money,prospects,draft picks,etc...and get a fucking Goalie.

Also try to land another centre-Stastny,Tavares and D-man,like Carlson,which all they have at their disposal.
Sorry,but I.m tired of waiting another year or 20 for another Cup.

This off season,is the 1st,in a long time that they actually can improve on all their weak spots,and not hurt themselves IMO.
Stay strong up there in Toronto @4thstreet . Sorry to hear the sad news to a wonderful city. That is a very busy area Yonge Street. Unfortunately this kind of news is all we hear about in today's world.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay strong up there in Toronto @4thstreet . Sorry to hear the sad news to a wonderful city. That is a very busy area Yonge Street. Unfortunately this kind of news is all we hear about in today's world.
Good post Mall, unfortunately you're 100% correct about the constant fucked up shit going on and the politics in this country that follow is nothing short of disgusting by both factions(Cults).