• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleury has a no-movement clause however. This means the Pens MUST protect him if they can't trade him. When/if they do trade him, he can essentially refuse to go to 13 different teams. If we are one of those teams, then all bets are off anyway.

The Pens would probably do anything to unload the guy right now and we're going to be the team that provides the dumping ground?

Imagine if nobody were to trade for Fleury and they had to protect him. Suddenly Murray is exposed and they are fucked.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No and I don't plan on getting any of them either, but there are free agents who had far better numbers than Fleury and played on far worse teams too. Not only that, they aren't going to set us back close to $6 million.

We also don't have to make a deal with our most hated rival to get any of these guys. Just sign them come July 1st.

Not terribly concerned about the 5.25 on the cap for 2 years. The Flyers cap can accommodate that for a starting goalie for 2 years. They've got $13 mil in space this offseason. Need 2 forwards and 3 dmen, all of which could very will be filled by ELCs or close to it (#2, Lindblom, Weal, Morin, Hagg, Myers, Sanheim). And a goalie. Next season Filpula, Read, and Manning come off as you mentioned, and they don't have any big guys up for a new contract.

Also not concerned about trading with a rival. If it makes your team as good as it possibly can, I think you have to do it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleury has a no-movement clause however. This means the Pens MUST protect him if they can't trade him. When/if they do trade him, he can essentially refuse to go to 13 different teams. If we are one of those teams, then all bets are off anyway.

The Pens would probably do anything to unload the guy right now and we're going to be the team that provides the dumping ground?

Imagine if nobody were to trade for Fleury and they had to protect him. Suddenly Murray is exposed and they are fucked.
Maybe we should make an offer for Murray.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should make an offer for Murray.

Unfortunately I think that would start with Provorov or #2 and go up from there.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the bold is true at all. He played very well in the playoffs for the Pens this post season. .924 sv% (4th in the league) and a 2.56 gaa are good numbers. And he's played well on the eye test in the games that i've seen as well. The Pens apparently needed a shot in the arm and Murray got them to the cup last year. I wouldn't have made the switch, but Sullivan decided to and it's panned out. That switch had nothing to do with MAF's play IMO.

Mase 2.66 / .908
Fleury 3.02 / .909

I'd take Mase over Fleury, but that doesn't seem to be an option in the Flyers' minds. Given that, Fleury is a better option than most of what's left.

Brian Elliott 2.55/ .910 last year with Flames-his 3 years with the blues were much better,but they're a defensive team.

I'd like Hexy to give him a call.He'd be cheaper too

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Elliott 2.55/ .910 last year with Flames-his 3 years with the blues were much better,but they're a defensive team.

I like Elliott myself.:suds:

On another note @4thstreet Is it cheaper to fly out of Toronto or Buffalo? Do you travel often to know? I'm closer to Buffalo, but I have heard it is cheaper to fly out of Canada? I'm flying to Paris in November for a research conference.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This guy doesn't get a lot of respect for some reason, but he's had some sensational seasons. 36 career shutouts in only 339 starts. That's a shutout about 11% of the time, which seems really high. An overall record of 191-117-35, which is also very nice. He's finished entire seasons with save percentages of .940, .930 and .922...which is ridiculous.

He hasn't played in a lot of games per year, but could still give us 40-50 starts and could be had for $3 million or less I am guessing.

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy doesn't get a lot of respect for some reason, but he's had some sensational seasons. 36 career shutouts in only 339 starts. That's a shutout about 11% of the time, which seems really high. An overall record of 191-117-35, which is also very nice. He's finished entire seasons with save percentages of .940, .930 and .922...which is ridiculous.

He was ripe for the pickings when the blues had him and Halak,and were grooming Allen.
This guy has been my choice for the Flyers ever since Hexy hinted he was going to get a goalie.

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Elliott myself.:suds:

On another note @4thstreet Is it cheaper to fly out of Toronto or Buffalo? Do you travel often to know? I'm closer to Buffalo, but I have heard it is cheaper to fly out of Canada? I'm flying to Paris in November for a research conference.

My neice paid under $700 from Toronto.She uses Flight Network and Trip Advisor-prices are always varying depending on when you go,but you'll save in the $100's

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was ripe for the pickings when the blues had him and Halak,and were grooming Allen.
This guy has been my choice for the Flyers ever since Hexy hinted he was going to get a goalie.

Sign Elliott at $2.875 and you're giving him a raise, but cutting the cap hit of Fleury literally in half. If he somehow doesn't work for us (or gets injured), we still have Neuvy and Stolie. Use the extra money to get us another top six winger with size and scoring ability.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My neice paid under $700 from Toronto.She uses Flight Network and Trip Advisor-prices are always varying depending on when you go,but you'll save in the $100's
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Elliott at $2.875 and you're giving him a raise, but cutting the cap hit of Fleury literally in half. If he somehow doesn't work for us (or gets injured), we still have Neuvy and Stolie. Use the extra money to get us another top six winger with size and scoring ability.

Totally agree-it's a no brainer IMO

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say NO to that inconsistent fuck MAF this team needs consistency and leadership. Elliott would be the perfect bridge goalie helping the younger guys. He willed Calgary into the playoffs...

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say NO to that inconsistent fuck MAF this team needs consistency and leadership. Elliott would be the perfect bridge goalie helping the younger guys. He willed Calgary into the playoffs...
Agreed, and any way we can help screw over the Pens it's doubly good. Make them get a crappy deal for Fluery.