• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

would have slid Coots in to replace Bailey. I know he is having a good year, but a big part of that is bc of Tavares. Coots got snubbed. Let's be honest here, the NHL ASG is a joke anyway. For that matter, all the major sports ASG are a joke.

Thank you. So many guys got snubbed that the entire thing is a complete and utter joke. Voracek also belongs and arguably Ghost too.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

would have slid Coots in to replace Bailey. I know he is having a good year, but a big part of that is bc of Tavares. Coots got snubbed. Let's be honest here, the NHL ASG is a joke anyway. For that matter, all the major sports ASG are a joke.

Furthermore, on Tavares, he's got 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 games since Bailey went down with a lower body injury, including the game winner in OT against Montreal last night. Tavares runs the show there and that's why we covet him. He makes everyone around him better and losing a linemate doesn't change that either.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, on Tavares, he's got 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 games since Bailey went down with a lower body injury, including the game winner in OT against Montreal last night. Tavares runs the show there and that's why we covet him. He makes everyone around him better and losing a linemate doesn't change that either.
Who cares about Taveras unless he wears orange and black?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this game ended quickly. We continue to be Rags bitches for another season. Unreal how long they have owned us.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this game ended quickly. We continue to be Rags bitches for another season. Unreal how long they have owned us.

Indeed. And once again Hak does absolutely nothing until the game is out of hand. Timeout? No. Goalie change? No. He's got to be the only NHL coach in history that doesn't change goalies after going down 4-1 in 30 minutes. Doesn't matter if it's the goalie or not, you change goalies at that point.

And he'll probably defend not using the timeout the same way he did last time, "I was saving it in case we needed to challenge". You dumb fool, you're going to save it for a challenge when you're down 5-1? How useful.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. And once again Hak does absolutely nothing until the game is out of hand. Timeout? No. Goalie change? No. He's got to be the only NHL coach in history that doesn't change goalies after going down 4-1 in 30 minutes. Doesn't matter if it's the goalie or not, you change goalies at that point.

And he'll probably defend not using the timeout the same way he did last time, "I was saving it in case we needed to challenge". You dumb fool, you're going to save it for a challenge when you're down 5-1? How useful.
I continue to get frustrated how we just can't beat the Rags and the Devils for the most part. Probably now add the Pens to the list recently. With the talented roster we have, there is no reason why we continue to lose to these teams. It's disgusting.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I continue to get frustrated how we just can't beat the Rags and the Devils for the most part. Probably now add the Pens to the list recently. With the talented roster we have, there is no reason why we continue to lose to these teams. It's disgusting.
Yes have to win in your division and every time they work to get close to the playoffs they shit the bed. Are they scared of success?
Awaz agreed why not pull Elliott if anything to give him a break. The guys played a lot and at the same time give Neuvy a chance for some gametime.
In the end it wasn't their night rags had every break need to bounce back Thursday.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rags were extremely opportunistic last night and quite frankly, they just have our number and have had it for awhile now. The difference in the game was obvious though. They covered the area directly in front of their goalie and we didn't. Then it burnt us almost every single time we gave them a breakaway or left a guy wide open in the slot.

No way in hell the Rags should've scored 5 goals on the few chances they had, but they got very fortunate and Elliott couldn't make the one big save or two that we needed. I thought we were playing a decent road game for awhile, but once a game gets to 4-1 and 5-1, both teams usually shut it down. That and Lundqvist sort of lives to beat us right now. I'm still not entirely disappointed with the effort. Guys were playing hard, but the defense in front was just non-existent at times.

I'm not really worried after this one. They are a really good home team and nothing else. Put this behind us and move on, but the defensive coverage obviously has to be much better and that's an adjustment we can certainly make. We just had one night where everything went wrong and it's time to make that an aberration and bring our A game on Thursday.

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

Same could be said of a healthy G playing with Coots too lets not forget. either way it's a good thing.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because we play these teams often and we never change our approach, and that's on coaching.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same could be said of a healthy G playing with Coots too lets not forget. either way it's a good thing.

I would take Couturier over Bailey any day though because not only is he breaking out offensively, he is a lockdown center and one of the leading candidates for the Selke trophy on his own merit. Bailey has played for a number of years (10), often with Tavares, and never been able to accomplish this level of production until now. Coots has never had this kind of opportunity and he is taking full advantage of it.

Giroux at 100%, like Tavares, makes people around him better though, no doubt. The same goes for Voracek, although he had a moment or two he'd like to forget last night, for sure. I don't think the penalty he was flagged for in the offensive zone was the right call and that got under his skin. Then he leaves the box frustrated and fumbles the puck to Grabner right at the blue line for another breakaway goal.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to just move on from this loss asap. There's no time to sulk. Focus on beating Toronto tomorrow night, because we are still just three points shy of a wild card spot with games in hand on everyone except NJ. That's a favorable position to be in. One loss is fine as long as we don't make this a losing streak.

The Leafs could theoretically end up being a team competing with us for one of the final playoffs spots, so let's hand them yet another regulation loss.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That stunk so bad. The one team i would like to beat most in the league is the rags and we cant do it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elliot didn't even bother covering the top half last night and should've been pulled earlier. Where was the fight why weren't we moving our feet why didn't we check anyone. I hope it was just one bad game.