• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the first 5 games we were all predicting a 100 point season. Make the playoffs and get the young kids experience is step 1.
IDK if 100 pts is attainable, however I def think we can get into the dance, but it's on the players now because they done fucked up and showed us they could play. Like I've always said, you can only coach so much, the player has to play.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord, would that ever blow for us!! Suddenly in the same division with Tampa and Nashville, two powerhouse teams from the current Atlantic and Central divisions.

Fun exercise Emily, but totally futile. no way in hell they do anything close to that. I'll bet everything I have they just add Seattle to the Central. Then at most, they flip Arizona and Seattle.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun exercise Emily, but totally futile. no way in hell they do anything close to that. I'll bet everything I have they just add Seattle to the Central. Then at most, they flip Arizona and Seattle.

I agree. They would be taking the two teams from the Cup Finals last season and putting them not only in the same conference, but the same division. Then they're lumping the team with the best record so far this season in that same division too. It's complete madness and unbalance of power...Lol

The only thing that makes sense in the article is the geography of it all. They would be breaking up some very important rivalries.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if you take that list and add Tavares as we subtract Filppula, we could roll out tandems of Couturier/Giroux and Tavares/Voracek as sort of lines 1A and 1B. No team would be able to shut them both down, no matter who the extra winger is on each line.
I would love Tavares, I don't think we get him though. who else would you plug in there besides Tavares if he doesn't pan out?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love Tavares, I don't think we get him though. who else would you plug in there besides Tavares if he doesn't pan out?

Ideally, Patrick stays healthy, has a strong offseason and comes back much better next season to take that spot or just be a much better 3rd line center.

It's tough to say otherwise, unless we like Backlund or Stastny.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if you take that list and add Tavares as we subtract Filppula, we could roll out tandems of Couturier/Giroux and Tavares/Voracek as sort of lines 1A and 1B. No team would be able to shut them both down, no matter who the extra winger is on each line.
Do you think if you keep saying Taveras is coming here it will actually happen.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you have a backup plan just in case he doesn't sign with us.:lol:
tumblr_n43pr2gTYl1si3dqao1_400.gif

Lots of this!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think if you keep saying Taveras is coming here it will actually happen.

Lol Nobody is saying he's coming here. I am simply saying that we are one of the few up and coming, competitive teams that have space to sign him to a very high dollar deal. That could be a very attractive option for him if he decides not to sign an extension with the Isles.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, the Islanders are a bit of a dead end anyway. Barzal is the only young guy they have that's any good. If Tavares wants to win a Cup in his lifetime, he might want to go elsewhere...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis goes down again, this time to a middle of the road team from the Atlantic (Panthers). Good news for us and their 2018 1st round pick. Yes, the Blues are still 6th in the Nhl in points, but falling fast and have played 46 games, which is a lot more than everyone else. There are at least half a dozen teams that are going to pass them once those games in hand are made up.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think it's clear now that Hakstol needs to be quicker with his tweaks when we're in a funk. Don't let us lose 10 games in a row before we make a big change. Hexy fixed this by calling up Goulbourne right after the essentially embarrassing loss to Pittsburgh at home to send the whole team an immediate message that the energy has to be better. In the very next game, we got physical, had three fights and brought home a very passionate win against another rival and it's been wins ever since.

Huge game coming up Saturday night in NJ and I expect another strong effort. It's a chance to pull within four points of them and hand them their 6th straight loss all at once. Remember when they were running away with the division early on? Not so much anymore. The Devils are sliding fast and we need to pounce on them here.

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week off shit is killing me lol. I hope if any players were nursing injuries they took the whole week off(I mean you Simmer!)