• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UFA Market: It pretty much stinks this year, unless someone is bought out that is unexpected. There is some depth to be had but right now the Flyers should be looking at youth and not 35 year old 3rd liners.

In House:
1. Resign Weal
2. Cousins, Lyubimov & Vecchione are RFA's and should not be a problem.
3. Insert Hagg & Morin for Schultz and MDZ. Use some of that savings to pay for Ghosts new deal. That would bring him with a bridge of 3 years and slightly over 3.8 (if he'll take it)
4. Goaltending: Lyon, Stolarz, Hart...Hart has a sliding contract and another year in juniors. Lyon and Stoli have both had up and down years with the Phantoms with Lyon looking the better right now, but Stoli looking good in the NHL in limited exposure. Holding on for one to two years with Neuvy and seeing which of the kids is going to be the number 1 is going to take a lot of patience.

Yeah...this offseason is going to be fun.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the teams that were upset in the first round (like Chicago for example) how do we steal a good player from them as im sure teams who where upset in the first round are looking to make hasty changes.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UFA Market: It pretty much stinks this year, unless someone is bought out that is unexpected. There is some depth to be had but right now the Flyers should be looking at youth and not 35 year old 3rd liners.

In House:
1. Resign Weal
2. Cousins, Lyubimov & Vecchione are RFA's and should not be a problem.
3. Insert Hagg & Morin for Schultz and MDZ. Use some of that savings to pay for Ghosts new deal. That would bring him with a bridge of 3 years and slightly over 3.8 (if he'll take it)
4. Goaltending: Lyon, Stolarz, Hart...Hart has a sliding contract and another year in juniors. Lyon and Stoli have both had up and down years with the Phantoms with Lyon looking the better right now, but Stoli looking good in the NHL in limited exposure. Holding on for one to two years with Neuvy and seeing which of the kids is going to be the number 1 is going to take a lot of patience.

Yeah...this offseason is going to be fun.

Just my 2 cents:

1) Agree
2) No reason to re-sign Lyubimov. Flyers need better.
3) Agree
4) I think this is the biggest question the Flyers are facing in the offseason. Vegas won't bite on Neuvirth, and I just can't see them being comfortable with going into the season with him and a rookie. Neuvirth had a bad year and neither Stolarz nor Lyon showed enough to be handed a 1B job at this point. I expect they sign another short-term option to pair with Neuvy for at least another year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my 2 cents:

1) Agree
2) No reason to re-sign Lyubimov. Flyers need better.
3) Agree
4) I think this is the biggest question the Flyers are facing in the offseason. Vegas won't bite on Neuvirth, and I just can't see them being comfortable with going into the season with him and a rookie. Neuvirth had a bad year and neither Stolarz nor Lyon showed enough to be handed a 1B job at this point. I expect they sign another short-term option to pair with Neuvy for at least another year.

Agree on all accounts. The goalie market is actually pretty decent this summer for a 1-2 year split time starter...

Miller
Bishop
Bernier
Mason
Elliot
Johnson
Budaj
Darling

All are decent options for that. Probably look at Elliot, Darling, and Budaj for me. Assuming Bishop will be looking for a long term deal. Taking a bit of a risk on any of those guys, but for short term and split time, it's not so bad. Probably wan't claim a big $$ either which is good.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on all accounts. The goalie market is actually pretty decent this summer for a 1-2 year split time starter...

Miller
Bishop
Bernier
Mason
Elliot
Johnson
Budaj
Darling

All are decent options for that. Probably look at Elliot, Darling, and Budaj for me. Assuming Bishop will be looking for a long term deal. Taking a bit of a risk on any of those guys, but for short term and split time, it's not so bad. Probably wan't claim a big $$ either which is good.

I'm going to make a bold unsubstantiated gut feeling prediction that the Flyers sign Ondrej Pavalec to a 1 year deal.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't think we have the number of posters that we used to here, there have been close to 63,000 posts on this forum and to me that's pretty incredible. There's only one other team forum that has more than 30,000 posts and that's San Jose with just under 37,000. So, we're driving our franchise here with a lot of loyal and passionate followers in my opinion. It's just great to see and be a part of.

This is why I often stray from the main board too. We really do have our own community right here.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that's pretty easy to predict. Ghost, Gudas and Manning on defense and Stolarz in net. No real other ways to go here.

The tough decision comes in who we will protect with our 7th forward slot. I'm not sure why or how Weal even meets the exposure requirement, but if we sign him and he's exposed, you have to think that we will protect him. If we wait to sign him, he probably won't be taken or protected. We could still sign him after the expansion draft, but before the start of free agency. Then, it's likely up to either PEB, Raffl, Cousins or Weise.

Either way, unless we're able to trade Vegas a pick so that they take MacDonald off of our hands, I have to think that they will be taking from us one of the last several forwards I just mentioned.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just frustrating right now because while we have over $13 million in cap space for next season, we have 4 UFA's to sign (including Ghost) and about 6-7 roster spots to fill. It's a better situation than a lot of other teams, but still some serious dead weight.

MacDonald and Read are soaking up a whopping $8.625 million in cap and we probably want neither of them to even suit up for the Flyers next season. I hope this expansion draft affords us an opportunity to essentially trade away a pick for the ability to execute a buyout that doesn't hurt us at all moving forward.

Like, here Vegas...take these extra 4th and 7th round picks that we have for "future considerations" and now draft MacDonald from us...Lol That would give us over $18 million in space with young, cheap defenders already on their way into the Nhl to take his place anyway.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You gotta love all this speculation bullshit. They can say anything and everything they want, but nobody but the F/O knows for sure what is going to happen.
I mean Shit, we were all talking about the Flyers giving a pick for Vegas to take A-Mac, this article says they will protect him.....who knows.....
It'll be interesting for sure, and people will bitch, but if you don't trust in Hexy and our the F/O, take your ass elsewhere. We have to trust Hexy knows what he's doing, and thus far, I believe he has us on track.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or is it crazy that the Pens and Caps are playing each other in the second round?

Yes, at this rate, it should probably be the Cup Finals instead. I expect the Rangers and Penguins to make it, but whoever wins that one should definitely be favored against whoever emerges from the West. We're finding out how truly tough our division was right now. 4th place in the Metro took out 1st in the Atlantic in 6 games.

People scoff on the main board when I say we're as good a team now as some of these other playoff teams that are getting dispatched in round one, but we fell only 7 points shy while taking on statistically 4 of the top 6 or 7 teams in the Nhl all season long. Not too bad ultimately.

Unfortunately, it will probably be Anaheim and Pittsburgh in the Finals with the Pens repeating. I hate to fucking say it, but it looks inevitable.

I mean, how fair is it also that St. Louis and Nashville both take out the giants of their division/conference, then have to play each other in the next round?...Lol

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just frustrating right now because while we have over $13 million in cap space for next season, we have 4 UFA's to sign (including Ghost) and about 6-7 roster spots to fill. It's a better situation than a lot of other teams, but still some serious dead weight.

MacDonald and Read are soaking up a whopping $8.625 million in cap and we probably want neither of them to even suit up for the Flyers next season. I hope this expansion draft affords us an opportunity to essentially trade away a pick for the ability to execute a buyout that doesn't hurt us at all moving forward.

Like, here Vegas...take these extra 4th and 7th round picks that we have for "future considerations" and now draft MacDonald from us...Lol That would give us over $18 million in space with young, cheap defenders already on their way into the Nhl to take his place anyway.
If they would take that contract off our hands that would be great. It would've been easier to give up picks if we would've gotten one for Streit. I think a 4th and 7th rounder is fair price for Vegas to take AMac but they may not think so.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, at this rate, it should probably be the Cup Finals instead. I expect the Rangers and Penguins to make it, but whoever wins that one should definitely be favored against whoever emerges from the West. We're finding out how truly tough our division was right now. 4th place in the Metro took out 1st in the Atlantic in 6 games.

People scoff on the main board when I say we're as good a team now as some of these other playoff teams that are getting dispatched in round one, but we fell only 7 points shy while taking on statistically 4 of the top 6 or 7 teams in the Nhl all season long. Not too bad ultimately.

Unfortunately, it will probably be Anaheim and Pittsburgh in the Finals with the Pens repeating. I hate to fucking say it, but it looks inevitable.

I mean, how fair is it also that St. Louis and Nashville both take out the giants of their division/conference, then have to play each other in the next round?...Lol
i AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID IN THIS POST.