• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks swept out of round 1. Not many predicted that one!

And anyone who predicted it would've been out of their mind for that thought process. No way in hell anyone with a clear head would've had the Hawks scoring only three goals in the entire series. Absolutely unreal.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lasgop, I think you're just trying to find the most outrageous articles you can and post them...Lol

Maybe trying to get 5,000 posts by the end of the April...Rofl

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sielski is a clown.

Issue 1: Paying Jake and Giroux 8.25 million per year made total sense when they did it. Giroux was coming off a 93 point season (1.2 ppg) and 17 points in 10 playoff games. He was 4th in Hart voting and was 24. Every single GM in the history of the NHL would've signed him to that contract. Jake was coming off an 81 point season on a team that had the 8th worst goals for in the league. He essentially was the offense that season. You might be able to argue his a little more, but even still, good contract when they signed it.

Issue 2: Superior forwards that are cheaper.

Tarasenko: Restricted free agent when he signed his contract. Not even remotely comparable
Backstrom: Signed in 2010 when the salary cap was 59.4 million and you could sign guys longer than 8 years (his is 10). Not even remotely comparable.
Kessel: A whopping 200k cheaper and I'd argue with anyone who wants to listen that he's not a superior forward to Giroux or to Voracek.

Choke on it Mike.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wayne Simmonds has probably the single most valuable post-ELC contract in the entire league. If i'm trading Simmonds, it better be a hell of a return.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, that guy is a fucking nutjob...Lol

Unless we're trading Simmonds for the 1st overall pick in 2019 (which we don't know who has yet) and the next projected Gretzky/Lemieux is eligible to be drafted in that same year, there's zero reason to trade him away.

The incoming draft is supposed to be weak, so why would we trade him for picks anyway, unless they were 2019 picks and then we're waiting forever for those new players to be on our team?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wayne Simmonds has probably the single most valuable post-ELC contract in the entire league. If i'm trading Simmonds, it better be a hell of a return.

Yes. His contract is so valuable right now that you just couldn't possibly get the return for him that he would deserve/command.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sielski is a clown.

Issue 1: Paying Jake and Giroux 8.25 million per year made total sense when they did it. Giroux was coming off a 93 point season (1.2 ppg) and 17 points in 10 playoff games. He was 4th in Hart voting and was 24. Every single GM in the history of the NHL would've signed him to that contract. Jake was coming off an 81 point season on a team that had the 8th worst goals for in the league. He essentially was the offense that season. You might be able to argue his a little more, but even still, good contract when they signed it.

Issue 2: Superior forwards that are cheaper.

Tarasenko: Restricted free agent when he signed his contract. Not even remotely comparable
Backstrom: Signed in 2010 when the salary cap was 59.4 million and you could sign guys longer than 8 years (his is 10). Not even remotely comparable.
Kessel: A whopping 200k cheaper and I'd argue with anyone who wants to listen that he's not a superior forward to Giroux or to Voracek.

Choke on it Mike.
I dont really know the writers that are good and bad i just see Flyer news and post it. If nothing else it gives us more posts toward 5K.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, looking at our roster, Simmonds is only signed for two more seasons and then he's an UFA. So, if we are not able to extend him between now and then, it makes sense to trade him long term.

However, what does it say about winning in either of the next two seasons if we trade him now? It basically says we're completely throwing in the towel on both seasons and giving up on signing him to an extension too.

Wayne Simmonds is a guy I want around to teach our youngsters how to play the game the right way at the Nhl level, quite frankly. That and I think we're a much better team than we ultimately showed this season.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, looking at our roster, Simmonds is only signed for two more seasons and then he's an UFA. So, if we are not able to extend him between now and then, it makes sense to trade him long term.

However, what does it say about winning in either of the next two seasons if we trade him now? It basically says we're completely throwing in the towel on both seasons and giving up on signing him to an extension too.

Wayne Simmonds is a guy I want around to teach our youngsters how to play the game the right way at the Nhl level, quite frankly. That and I think we're a much better team than we ultimately showed this season.
Hextall is supposed to be this great GM he better figure out a way to keep him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont really know the writers that are good and bad i just see Flyer news and post it. If nothing else it gives us more posts toward 5K.

oh you're good. i don't know that guy well either. that might be the first one that i've knowingly read by him haha!

fun to talk about. fun to trash him. none of my bashing is directed at you :)

thanks for sharing it!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hardly think any of that matters. Our odds of winning the draft lottery were going to be horrendous no matter what...Lol That's what we get for being competitive, but just missing the playoffs.

Either way, I have to agree that we're close. Our core of players can certainly be better and the influx of youth at every position cannot hurt. It seems like a lot of young, elite players that have the proper seasoning are doing quite well once they finally do make the Nhl. The Leafs are the prime example, but it's happening all over the league in smaller doses.

Last edited: