• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Carolina

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was bad. Thats all I have to say. WOW

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only watched a bit of the second half...saw that Shanahan gambled too much on 4th down, the offensive line was sub-par, and the QB was....well....Hoyer. Defense seemed decent with Foster in there so I guess I can look forward to that whenever he comes back. S. Thomas did nothing.

I don't know what to think of the home opening crowd. Clearly nowhere close to filled up....Niner fans in general are pretty weak, but I suppose some just oppose the stupid prices they ask these days. Now they get the Seahawks in their home opener.....bwahahaha.....just come out healthy.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only watched a bit of the second half...saw that Shanahan gambled too much on 4th down, the offensive line was sub-par, and the QB was....well....Hoyer. Defense seemed decent with Foster in there so I guess I can look forward to that whenever he comes back. S. Thomas did nothing.

I don't know what to think of the home opening crowd. Clearly nowhere close to filled up....Niner fans in general are pretty weak, but I suppose some just oppose the stupid prices they ask these days. Now they get the Seahawks in their home opener.....bwahahaha.....just come out healthy.

It isn't the same crowd since the moved to Santa Clara. A lot of long time fans gave up their tickets when they jacked up the costs and they were snapped up by silicon valley corporate interests.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Oh no...we suck again."

tenor.gif

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-11_18-48-19.gif
    upload_2017-9-11_18-48-19.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 2

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High ankle spray. The latest is two weeks
High ankle sprains are really painful. I'm surprised the 49ers are predicting only two weeks. I hope that is accurate because the only thing we might get this year is to able to watch some good individual play since this team is going nowhere.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That could not have surprised you. Thomas had "bust" written all over him from the start.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High ankle sprains are really painful. I'm surprised the 49ers are predicting only two weeks. I hope that is accurate because the only thing we might get this year is to able to watch some good individual play since this team is going nowhere.

Yes, and Foster is turning into a highlight reel. He posted a pic on twitter this morning. sounds encouraging.

Foster back sooner than later from his ankle injury?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he can stay healthy. he was the steal of the draft. getting him makes up for the huge gaffe in selecting Thomas with the first pick. It will be fun to watch Foster's development alongside Bowman.

Foster does have that look like he could become an elite player. Still early on Thomas. I hope he doesn't become a bust. Baalke has given us enough of those.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster does have that look like he could become an elite player. Still early on Thomas. I hope he doesn't become a bust. Baalke has given us enough of those.
The problem with Thomas, other than the scheme Stanford plays for their D Line, is he does not have a position at the NFL level. I thought the Niners played fairly well on D as a whole though.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't the same crowd since the moved to Santa Clara. A lot of long time fans gave up their tickets when they jacked up the costs and they were snapped up by silicon valley corporate interests.

A lot of the fanbase came from the south bay....in reality it's a combination of a lot of things. Bad team, different location, people tired of the drunken asswipes getting into fights, ludicrous prices, a side of the stadium that burns you alive....

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Thomas, other than the scheme Stanford plays for their D Line, is he does not have a position at the NFL level. I thought the Niners played fairly well on D as a whole though.

Last week they did okay. They did play better when Foster was in there and he already makes a difference. The run defense was the worst in the league last year and looks better this year. Some of that had to do with the defensive coordinator Jim O'Neil. Pass rush needs to get better. Supposedly the panthers have a really good oline. I will be concerned if they can't generate a pass rush against the Seahawks who have the worst oline in the league. The secondary needs some work too. They were helped last week by Cam Newton who missed wide open receivers.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of the fanbase came from the south bay....in reality it's a combination of a lot of things. Bad team, different location, people tired of the drunken asswipes getting into fights, ludicrous prices, a side of the stadium that burns you alive....

I grew up on the Bay Area peninsula. I think the majority of fans come from there and it isn't a big deal going to either stadium but I think they lost a lot of the old diehard fans when the new PSLs came out.

Middle-class 49ers fans feel priced out of Santa Clara stadium – The Mercury News

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week they did okay. They did play better when Foster was in there and he already makes a difference. The run defense was the worst in the league last year and looks better this year. Some of that had to do with the defensive coordinator Jim O'Neil. Pass rush needs to get better. Supposedly the panthers have a really good oline. I will be concerned if they can't generate a pass rush against the Seahawks who have the worst oline in the league. The secondary needs some work too. They were helped last week by Cam Newton who missed wide open receivers.
Ya, the secondary is really weak and the pass rush seemed almost non-existent. Tough to win when you can't cover or pressure the passer. I'll be watching though.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, the secondary is really weak and the pass rush seemed almost non-existent. Tough to win when you can't cover or pressure the passer. I'll be watching though.

Rashard Robinson is the number 1 CB. While he is really talented and has at time slayed well, he has little experience. Not much college experience and not a lot of snaps. He is still learning and will make mistakes. Tartt played Free Safety last week and I think he is much better suited to play Free Safety. Ward hopefully will be better at Free Safety if he can ever get back on the playing field.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashard Robinson is the number 1 CB. While he is really talented and has at time slayed well, he has little experience. Not much college experience and not a lot of snaps. He is still learning and will make mistakes. Tartt played Free Safety last week and I think he is much better suited to play Free Safety. Ward hopefully will be better at Free Safety if he can ever get back on the playing field.
I like Tartt but I thought our boy, number 35, who squats for the national anthem was the free safety?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tartt but I thought our boy, number 35, who squats for the national anthem was the free safety?
No, he was moved to Strong Safety. He a
plays the same role as Kam Chancellor. He helps with run support. Ward moved from corner to free safety and was the starting free safety till he got hurt

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he was moved to Strong Safety. He a
plays the same role as Kam Chancellor. He helps with run support. Ward moved from corner to free safety and was the starting free safety till he got hurt
Wow. All four DBs are playing out of position. That's gotta be tough.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. All four DBs are playing out of position. That's gotta be tough.

Yea, you can see growing pains there. Rashard Robinson is talented but needs more experience. There wasn't a clear cut second choice at the other cornerback position. I think they went with Donate Johnson as he is a bigger physical cornerback that is the type of DB that fits that kind of defense. The coaches also felt that Reid was better suited for the SS position than Free Safety.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, you can see growing pains there. Rashard Robinson is talented but needs more experience. There wasn't a clear cut second choice at the other cornerback position. I think they went with Donate Johnson as he is a bigger physical cornerback that is the type of DB that fits that kind of defense. The coaches also felt that Reid was better suited for the SS position than Free Safety.
Reed won't be on the team next year anyway so its good to get someone else exposed to the free safety position.