• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers further fall into the abyss...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was a way you could make the 4 and 9 in 49ers lowercase, you would.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the taking breaks every half hour during meetings is a pretty good idea. I do counseling and speaking engagements and this is something that is brought up all the time of making sure that if we actually want to reach especially the younger members in the audience that we have to get that attention early and even then can only hold it for a short while. 5-minute breaks during meetings is probably the best way to go.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the taking breaks every half hour during meetings is a pretty good idea. I do counseling and speaking engagements and this is something that is brought up all the time of making sure that if we actually want to reach especially the younger members in the audience that we have to get that attention early and even then can only hold it for a short while. 5-minute breaks during meetings is probably the best way to go.
Professionally ....since you've claimed to be on occasion, I'm sure your post is correct in a spooky kinda way.
Commitment to that phone should trump your occupation I suppose

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Professionally ....since you've claimed to be on occasion, I'm sure your post is correct in a spooky kinda way.
Commitment to that phone should trump your occupation I suppose

Well I wouldn't let them do the whole phone thing. Too much of a distraction and one that I could see backfiring in the way of them reading something that distracts them when they come back to the meeting. I would more say ok get something to drink, do some stretches, go to the bathroom, etc. Gives their mind a quick mental break while also not bringing in another distraction. So like I said I understand a little of what the 49ers are trying to do but I think this will backfire for what they are allowing. I would also say this is more the coaches trying to be buddy buddy with the players. That can work for a bit but eventually without that coach really showing they are in charge and demand respect from the players then eventually their message runs cold.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you get personal phone breaks ever half hour at your office? "toughen up you useless fucks" - harbaugh

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Give me $20M per year and I'll even leave the phone in the car...
Heck, look at a real professional like Brady he doesn't want himself or anyone else to look at his phone...:yes:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is equal parts lame and necessary. Panda just got suspended for tweeting/texting while on the can DURING A GAME for fuck's sake. A quick break every 30-min is so fucking bitch-mode but then again, this generation is bitch-mode so I bet it works.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, look at a real professional like Brady he doesn't want himself or anyone else to look at his phone...:yes:

Haha like I said I agree with the break but not the cell phone. If I were coach at least for the parts of practice out on the field and in the meeting room I would have a basket at the door that says Cell Phones here. Tell the players they have an emergency number they can give their family members that can still get ahold of them but beyond that they are here to work. Now in the training room I could care less let them tweet away or whatever they want to do. Again the breaks are actually a good idea and wouldn't be surprised to see more teams develop this style of meetings.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again the breaks are actually a good idea and wouldn't be surprised to see more teams develop this style of meetings.
that's all fine but the topic said team giving breaks during practice to check phone update status

I don't think many other teams will be running to implement this anytime soon

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not just a matter of hitting the phone. It's a matter of absorbing the info that's being presented. They might be off the phone but tune out because their attention span is shorter. You can say "well they should be able to handle it" all you want, but maybe the dude with the 4.3 40 isn't able to handle sitting in a room digesting information for a couple of hours straight. I can't stand meetings that go over an hour.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just a matter of hitting the phone. It's a matter of absorbing the info that's being presented. They might be off the phone but tune out because their attention span is shorter. You can say "well they should be able to handle it" all you want, but maybe the dude with the 4.3 40 isn't able to handle sitting in a room digesting information for a couple of hours straight. I can't stand meetings that go over an hour.
in the old days it was called getting with your position coach and putting in additional time

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's all fine but the topic said team giving breaks during practice to check phone update status

I don't think many other teams will be running to implement this anytime soon

Again why I say I like the premise of taking breaks every half hour but hate the idea of letting them go check their phones. I think teams will find that taking those 5-minute breaks every half hour actually increase how much a player can absorb in a 2-hour time span compared to the old way of just going 2-hours straight.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like kaepernick is finally making the team his own :pound:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again why I say I like the premise of taking breaks every half hour but hate the idea of letting them go check their phones. I think teams will find that taking those 5-minute breaks every half hour actually increase how much a player can absorb in a 2-hour time span compared to the old way of just going 2-hours straight.
Cmon...I fully understand your opinion of taking breaks every 1/2 hour, meanwhile the crust of this thread is breaks to check their freaking phones

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon...I fully understand your opinion of taking breaks every 1/2 hour, meanwhile the crust of this thread is breaks to check their freaking phones

I don't know how else to say this but I think allowing them to check their phones on those breaks is stupid. I have stayed with the theme of the conversation. Can't a person agree with half of the idea but not the whole idea? Like I said I get what the 49ers are trying to accomplish here and am impressed in that they are actually trying to keep with the times and the generation that they are working with everyday. It is true that those who refuse to adapt end up getting left behind. I just think they took it a step too far in trying to please the players and will in the end lose the respect of the players and in the end the idea of helping them keep their attention will if anything actually be the opposite as they will be thinking about whatever they read while on their phones more so than the meeting.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking abreak every 1/2 hr. is a good idea, not sure I agree with the checking the phone thing though.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha like I said I agree with the break but not the cell phone. If I were coach at least for the parts of practice out on the field and in the meeting room I would have a basket at the door that says Cell Phones here. Tell the players they have an emergency number they can give their family members that can still get ahold of them but beyond that they are here to work. Now in the training room I could care less let them tweet away or whatever they want to do. Again the breaks are actually a good idea and wouldn't be surprised to see more teams develop this style of meetings.
That would be one way to get a hold of Brady's phone.....