• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

40-23

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Rockies blew a 9-1 lead and Holland blew his first save of the year. They've been looking like the Rockies of late this past week with all the shitty pitching. With the Dodgers and DBacks hot on their trail they need to turn it around quick.

The Rockies are finally really good and they just so happen to play in the best division in baseball.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Tapia came through an unlikely source but I'll take it, that is the difference though, the Rockies of old would've blew it completely, this team still managed to pull through.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Tapia came through an unlikely source but I'll take it, that is the difference though, the Rockies of old would've blew it completely, this team still managed to pull through.
That's exactly right. Under Weiss games like this were automatic losses. Biggest concern at this point is the bullpen. It started off well, but I only trust Rusin, McGee and Holland. And Holland has been a little shakier lately than he was - but I expect that he will bounce back. If the Rockies are buyers at the deadline, I hope it's for BP help.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly right. Under Weiss games like this were automatic losses. Biggest concern at this point is the bullpen. It started off well, but I only trust Rusin, McGee and Holland. And Holland has been a little shakier lately than he was - but I expect that he will bounce back. If the Rockies are buyers at the deadline, I hope it's for BP help.

Cargo's value is dropping but maybe he can get on a streak and hike that trade value so the Rox can move him and bolster the BP.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cargo's value is dropping but maybe he can get on a streak and hike that trade value so the Rox can move him and bolster the BP.

Honestly if they can keep Reynolds I'd be more than fine with them shipping CarGo, keeping Desmond in LF and move Parra to RF full-time.

The only reason to keep CarGo would be because he's amazing on Defense but that only gets you so far if your Offensive numbers are garbage.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cargo's value relative to his salary cost is not going to garner anything in return. I'm afraid that the Rockies are stuck with him the rest of the year. But he's been a great player for us - and feel bad that his career will end this way in Colorado.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe the Rockies bullpen had their worst series this year, blew 2 saves and allowed 15 runs but they still swept the Giants. Definitely a different team than in previous years.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go cubs!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. Is this the time to laugh or not laugh ? Your making it very difficult to separate your posts from one to the other Inspector. :suds::suds::suds::suds::suds::suds::suds::suds:;)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last two games have been thrillers with Arenado winning both in their last AB with a homer and triple respectively. A big week playing the two teams hotter than them - DBAcks at home for three and then three in LA.

47-26, getting closer to the most games over .500 in Rox history.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time in playoffs since 1999, feels like longer than that. Been an interesting year after a great start had a swoon in the middle of the season, but had some come back to earth moments from Reynolds,who helped get them off to a good start, and rookie pitchers who early on set the record for most victories by a pitching staff. Meanwhile some comeback from the grave returns from Cargo and Story who had been abysmal and who carried them over the past three weeks.

Perhaps the most heartwarming story was Chad Bettis coming back from cancer and returning to the team late. May only have one game in the playoffs (Greinke VS Gray), but the season certainly exceeded expectations.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time in playoffs since 1999, feels like longer than that. Been an interesting year after a great start had a swoon in the middle of the season, but had some come back to earth moments from Reynolds,who helped get them off to a good start, and rookie pitchers who early on set the record for most victories by a pitching staff. Meanwhile some comeback from the grave returns from Cargo and Story who had been abysmal and who carried them over the past three weeks.

Perhaps the most heartwarming story was Chad Bettis coming back from cancer and returning to the team late. May only have one game in the playoffs (Greinke VS Gray), but the season certainly exceeded expectations.

Since '99? What about 2007?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely think Blackmon is gonna demand a monster deal that we can't afford to pay him, especially with needing to re-sign Nolan next year.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. Is this the time to laugh or not laugh ? Your making it very difficult to separate your posts from one to the other Inspector. :suds::suds::suds::suds::suds::suds::suds::suds:;)

Go Cubs!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall a disappointing performance by the pitching staff which carried the Rockies to the playoffs. But I think it was a good experience to be on a bigger stage for some of the young players like Gray. I think he will be better with the experience of being knocked around. Reminded me how he looked when he first came up from the minors, and he was able to overcome that. The two run triple given up to the relief pitcher by Neshek is pretty unforgivable - that was the dagger going from 7-6 to 9-6.

Overall a season to remember the beginnings of what I think (or is that just hope?) is a brighter future.