• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

40-23

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently best record in NL (barely) and second best in MLB.

It's been a fun start of the season, and hoping for Gray to return soon.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking we needed to have a Rockies discussion here. I guess they have their own page here on the Hoop.

This team feels different than Rockies teams that have started hot and slowed down by mid season. One thing that is encouraging to me and an indicator this team's run is sustainable is they are not streaky. While they've managed a few 5-6 game streaks, they've avoided the "win 7 straight, lose 9 of the next 10" trend that plagued a lot of previous Rockies teams. This group seems to be on a steady pace, avoiding losing streaks and rarely even dropping 2 in a row so far. That's pretty impressive.

I am always skeptical of the Rockies in the early goings of the season but with so many players missing time to injury and/or getting off to a slow start, this team has jumped out to their best start of the season in club history and has not yet even been firing on all cylinders. They are definitely a promising team and may make for an exciting summer.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the title was a reference to LGM's girlfriend (you know, the plastic one).

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking we needed to have a Rockies discussion here. I guess they have their own page here on the Hoop.

This team feels different than Rockies teams that have started hot and slowed down by mid season. One thing that is encouraging to me and an indicator this team's run is sustainable is they are not streaky. While they've managed a few 5-6 game streaks, they've avoided the "win 7 straight, lose 9 of the next 10" trend that plagued a lot of previous Rockies teams. This group seems to be on a steady pace, avoiding losing streaks and rarely even dropping 2 in a row so far. That's pretty impressive.

I am always skeptical of the Rockies in the early goings of the season but with so many players missing time to injury and/or getting off to a slow start, this team has jumped out to their best start of the season in club history and has not yet even been firing on all cylinders. They are definitely a promising team and may make for an exciting summer.
Good points.

Perhaps the most amazing stat is their road record. In 25 years the Rockies have had a winning record on the road...once. Yes, once! And that was 41-40 - haha.

This year they are currently 13 games over .500 at 23-10. Considerably better than their home record. I don't have it in front of me, but I believe they have only lost two series all year, once to the Padres during the first week and once, a 2 game series, to Seattle. Like IKF said above, they have been quite consistent throughout the year.

Obviously the key question is how the rookie pitchers will hold up over the long haul.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ They also lost 3 of 4 to the Washington Nationals.

I imagine they'll improve their home record down the stretch. They still have a winning record at home this year, just a better mark on the road. And of course it's a long season still ahead so how well everyone holds up is a huge unknown.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best stat/ improvement is they have finally ( at least to this point ) finally got some starting pitching and bull pen. Rockies have always been good hitting team. Their pitching has always been downfall. If they can sustain the pitching, the bat talent/fielding is second to none. I still think Dodgers will win div but Rockies should get playoff spot and if that happens, skies limit. :)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, I was looking for the Denver Broncos forum. Must have wondered in here by accident.

:D:D:D

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ They also lost 3 of 4 to the Washington Nationals.

I imagine they'll improve their home record down the stretch. They still have a winning record at home this year, just a better mark on the road. And of course it's a long season still ahead so how well everyone holds up is a huge unknown.
I was out of the country, so that doesn't count. ;). Either that or I was successful suppressing bad memories!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the title was a reference to LGM's girlfriend (you know, the plastic one).

Too close to home my friend. :)

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and go Cubbies!

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you dont like em enough to have em on your profile you arent a TRUE FAN lol

They didn't have the Cubs as an option when I originally did this. But DC and others can attest to my being a true fan. ;)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockies are 1-3 since this thread started and are on their worst losing streak of the season(only 3 games but still), too soon to call Springstein a jinx but we need some higher power to correct this before it gets worse.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today will make 22 out of 29 road games. They are recently showing some signs of fatigue as in not playing great defense, which they did previously. I'd like a win today so they don't have a losing road trip ( will be either 4-3, or 3-4).

I'm anxious for Gray to get going on his rehab.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better they have slump now which every team goes thru at least once, than in late Sept. I'm still concerned the surprise good outings from pitching staff will finally be exposed as season progresses. Hope I'm wrong. Love to see Rockies ,Dodgers and Angels all make playoffs for first time ever ! :)

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockies are 1-3 since this thread started and are on their worst losing streak of the season(only 3 games but still), too soon to call Springstein a jinx but we need some higher power to correct this before it gets worse.

Jinx!!!