• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#4 Arizona vs. #6 Duke

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game Friday night with #4 Arizona. Again, my biggest concern is the Front Court. Jabari Parker is getting his points. Hood is an excellent player as well. The problem is size under the basket, giving up points in the paint, and the distinct disadvantage in rebounding against opponents with size. Going into this season these were concerns and my mind hasn't changed. Duke can play with Arizona. But they cannot give up easy layups and dunks. Coach K isn't ever going to a zone. Not even with an undersized team. I hope I'm wrong. Arizona wins this one by 5 in MSG. Prove me wrong! Let's go Duke!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an excellent game Douggie. IMO, the game will be won or lost on the front court in particular with the forwards. If Gordon and Ashley can limit Parker and Hood, then I think we win but if if we don't and they go off, then Duke will win.

Last edited by a moderator:

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I pretty much called this one. Rebound advantage was Arizona's also at 36 to 28. Their size hurt Duke. Especially the second half. Losing this early to a Top team like the Wildcats isn't fatal for Duke. Lots to improve upon as the season goes on. I would have loved to have seen Dawkins in the game the last 15 minutes rather than the last couple, when they desperately needed a bucket. Even coming in cold he strokes it from down town. That kid needs some serious playing time. Duke will improve and get better.