• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 4/9/18: Mets sweep Nats & Ohtani dominates again

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game is postponed
pussies scared of a little snow:suds:

images

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them as a WC team even if Ohtani doesn't dominate. They already have a strong group of position players (Trout, Upton, Calhoun, Simmons, Kinsler, Cozart). The rotation has uncertainty but if they're healthy I think it can be good enough. Fangraphs had them projected as a WC contender entering the season and they're currently pegged at 87-75, which would tie them with the Jays for the 2nd WC.

Depth Charts » Projected Standings | FanGraphs Baseball

I think the Jays will stick around as well.

Baseball Prospectus -- which is much smarter than FanGraphs -- has the Angels as the AL most likely to win a WC, behind the Red Sox and Yankees, and followed by the Twins and Jays.

I think the Jays will have a tough time sticking around when they have to play the Yankees and Red Sox so many times. Sorry, @Bloody Brian Burke.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jays start in Baltimore tonight. I'd like to see them win 80 games at least this year. Still in an AL with the Red Sox/Yankees and Angels a wild card berth may be hard to get.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cubs bail but white sox go on??

Well, I'd love to say it's because the NL is full of pussies, but it probably has more to do with the teams' opponents.

Since they're not in the same division, the Rays won't be in Chicago again this season (unless they're playing the Cubs). The Cubs/Pirates, being in the same division, will play in Chicago multiple times, so it'll be much easier to make up.