• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4-6

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the win today!

OFFENSE: Played really well for Kizer and hey we got Zaire in there also! Overall great week for them. Kizer did have 1 Interception.

DEFENSE: Defense played the best it has all season... facing a triple option? Oh well! Planned accordingly by the Irish. Only allowed 6 points!

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have liked to have played Army the week before Navy and not the other way. A warm up for Navy's triple option would have been a huge advantage.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have liked to have played Army the week before Navy and not the other way. A warm up for Navy's triple option would have been a huge advantage.
Agree... I'm hoping this same defense shows up next week against Virginia Tech

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five of the top ten go down today. This is so exasperating, we should be undefeated, or one loss. One loss would have us in the playoff.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five of the top ten go down today. This is so exasperating, we should be undefeated, or one loss. One loss would have us in the playoff.
Not with our SOS. This season was such a lost opportunity. There's not a single game this season where I would have said we may lose this one going in, with the exception of Stanford, who has looked terrible this year.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, nice win. Against Army. I still don't see how we win either of the last 2.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, nice win. Against Army. I still don't see how we win either of the last 2.

Shockingly we came into this season as one of the favorites (for many prognosticators) to make the playoff. We are currently listed (with Tennessee) as the most disappointing team in the country. This is due to the fact that we have a lot of talent and our schedule was set up to succeed. No FSU or Clemson, MSU and Stanford at home, and SC with a new coach. Virginia Tech is a good team, but they have losses to Tennessee, Syracuse and Georgia Tech. Clearly they are not the powerhouse they may have been in the past. I think we will go into this game on a positive note with a nice win over Army, and I think we have more talent than VT. I can't see how a win here could be a surprise. As for SC, they are on a nice roll over the past six games, but beating SC or losing to them never really shocks me, but we have won 4 of the last 6 against them, so I certainly see a win this year as doable. So again, I think we win out and get a bowl bid to a crappy bowl, but a month of additional practices will help for next year.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shockingly we came into this season as one of the favorites (for many prognosticators) to make the playoff. We are currently listed (with Tennessee) as the most disappointing team in the country. This is due to the fact that we have a lot of talent and our schedule was set up to succeed. No FSU or Clemson, MSU and Stanford at home, and SC with a new coach. Virginia Tech is a good team, but they have losses to Tennessee, Syracuse and Georgia Tech. Clearly they are not the powerhouse they may have been in the past. I think we will go into this game on a positive note with a nice win over Army, and I think we have more talent than VT. I can't see how a win here could be a surprise. As for SC, they are on a nice roll over the past six games, but beating SC or losing to them never really shocks me, but we have won 4 of the last 6 against them, so I certainly see a win this year as doable. So again, I think we win out and get a bowl bid to a crappy bowl, but a month of additional practices will help for next year.
VA Tech is at home so I guess I could see it. We've been the most talented team in most games this year, as you said the schedule was on our side. Still 4-6. A lot of the mistakes these past few weeks have been correctable, but if we don't tighten it up we will lose both of these games.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always hate senior day games. They come out really flat because of all the pre-game activities. I think the sr. players are happy to see their families and, especially with a lost season like this, I wonder if their heads are really in the game.

Nobody wants to lose their last home game, but these have been somewhat disappointing affairs over the last several years.

Va Tech has been the kind of team that bounces back big after a loss all season. We've been the kind of team over Brian Kelly's tenure that can't string back to back good performances. None of this bodes well for next week, IMO.

I hate to say it, but USC is likely going to trounce us. So we won't even get to .500 on the year, even if we manage a win next Sat.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always hate senior day games. They come out really flat because of all the pre-game activities. I think the sr. players are happy to see their families and, especially with a lost season like this, I wonder if their heads are really in the game.

Nobody wants to lose their last home game, but these have been somewhat disappointing affairs over the last several years.

Va Tech has been the kind of team that bounces back big after a loss all season. We've been the kind of team over Brian Kelly's tenure that can't string back to back good performances. None of this bodes well for next week, IMO.

I hate to say it, but USC is likely going to trounce us. So we won't even get to .500 on the year, even if we manage a win next Sat.

Well, if senior day activity is the issue, hopefully it's not a problem this year. We only have three guys who started against Army who are out of eligibility. (Cole Luke, James Onwualu, Isaac Rochell) Granted, Jarron Jones and Tori Hunter are usually starters, but this is still a really young team, with few starting seniors.

With respect to SC, I think we have more talent. Every preseason magazine I saw had us ranked significantly higher than them. And while this season has been a disaster for us and a disappointment for them, I think (hope) that the worst is behind us. And from a pure football perspective, I think we are the better team, and expect to win.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if senior day activity is the issue, hopefully it's not a problem this year. We only have three guys who started against Army who are out of eligibility. (Cole Luke, James Onwualu, Isaac Rochell) Granted, Jarron Jones and Tori Hunter are usually starters, but this is still a really young team, with few starting seniors.

With respect to SC, I think we have more talent. Every preseason magazine I saw had us ranked significantly higher than them. And while this season has been a disaster for us and a disappointment for them, I think (hope) that the worst is behind us. And from a pure football perspective, I think we are the better team, and expect to win.
I'm just curious as to what leads you to believe the worst is behind us? It can't be the Army win. I'm not trying to be overly negative here, but we do have to be a little realistic.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the D has looked better but I hope we hire outside for a big time DC. Kelly needs to go big on the next DC.

offense has a lot of talent. Next year will be another big year for this offense but I just nervous about this D..

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious as to what leads you to believe the worst is behind us? It can't be the Army win. I'm not trying to be overly negative here, but we do have to be a little realistic.

Actually, yes it was the army game. This was the first game this season where we did nothing incredibly stupid. No special teams' screw ups, no 12 men on the field disasters, we actually consistently stopped a team on third downs and outside of one lame interception in the end zone, Kizer looked like the quarterback we saw last season. Army is not a good team, but most of our screwup this year have been self inflicted wounds. Like letting punts hit us and get recovered by the opposition, snapping the ball over the QB's head.

If we can continue this lack of stupidity and rely on the talent level of this team versus the opposition, I think we beat both VT and SC. And we should beat anyone we would face as a 6-6 team in a bowl game.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, yes it was the army game. This was the first game this season where we did nothing incredibly stupid. No special teams' screw ups, no 12 men on the field disasters, we actually consistently stopped a team on third downs and outside of one lame interception in the end zone, Kizer looked like the quarterback we saw last season. Army is not a good team, but most of our screwup this year have been self inflicted wounds. Like letting punts hit us and get recovered by the opposition, snapping the ball over the QB's head.

If we can continue this lack of stupidity and rely on the talent level of this team versus the opposition, I think we beat both VT and SC. And we should beat anyone we would face as a 6-6 team in a bowl game.

I hope you're right man. I would love nothing more than to finish this season strong.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We win this week. Calling it now but lose to USC.