• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4/21/17 Bumless @ Rox

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call.

The game was still winnable. I'm not cashing in yet.
I am not cashing in, I just don't see anything to hang my hat on. This is the same heart that was shown in the second half of last year.

Meaning none.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this team so bad?

There is only 1 albatross contract. This is one of the best infields in the game. One of the best rotations in the game. A decent, but VERY underperforming bully. One of the worst OFs in the game.

I guess one of the problems is that Panik and Bum are really the only bargain contracts on the entire team. If you have to pay the entire team their worth (or more), and stay at/near the luxury line, you simply cannot compete. You HAVE to have serious bargains on the team to allow for the flexibility to adjust.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this team so bad?

There is only 1 albatross contract. This is one of the best infields in the game. One of the best rotations in the game. A decent, but VERY underperforming bully. One of the worst OFs in the game.

I guess one of the problems is that Panik and Bum are really the only bargain contracts on the entire team. If you have to pay the entire team their worth (or more), and stay at/near the luxury line, you simply cannot compete. You HAVE to have serious bargains on the team to allow for the flexibility to adjust.
Right now, Bum's contract isn't bargain. But, I know, big picture.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants only have three hitters with an OPS of .800 or greater - Posey, Belt and Panik. It is crazy to think Belt has been the 2nd best hitter on this team so far (considering his batting average at least).

As for pitching, the bullpen has gotten some good outings from Strickland and Okert. Gearrin escaped a few self-made jams while Ramirez and Blach have been awful at run prevention, while limiting base runners.

Bumgarner was the only starter who looked consistently good so far and he's done for 2 months.

No, I'm not giving up on the season but this team does need to step it up quite a bit. Time for some guys to start playing up to or exceed expectations.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can get to May just a couple games under .500 they will at least be ok, with 5 more months to play.

Obviously this is a wild card team at best, so if they can win 88-89 games they have a good shot. We'll see.