• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 4/18/18: Sox pound Ohtani into submission with 3 Mookie blasts; Rizzo says MLB plays too many games

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend of mine who still cares about baseball said he heard some announcers talking about how this has been a record number of postponements for a month of April, and also a record for most games played under freezing conditions in a month...and we still have nearly two weeks left in April.

The weather in NY does not warm up for another week, and even then it will probably dip back below 40 because it hates me

I've heard the same thing your friend heard. Maybe he'd like to go camping with me.

Meantime, we don't need to go changing the entire game because of record-breaking anomalous weather patterns.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,948.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If rizzo thinks they play too many games it’s a sign to me it’s time to think about retirement

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro baseball is the most grueling sport to play

I call horseshit, depending on one's definition of grueling.

The average NFL career lasts, what, three years? It may take less time and travel, and have WAY fewer games, but those guys don't last because of how grueling football is.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meantime, we don't need to go changing the entire game because of record-breaking anomalous weather patterns.

Correcked. Plenty of other reasons to go changing the game

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, those poor, dear millionaires.

If they don't like it, they can quit, and probably land a gig pimping a local car dealership for few hundred bucks an appearance.

_MG_4650%20EBD-S.jpg

Whoa there cowboy, did I say I had sympathy for them? No just comparing their schedule with other pro sports.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call horseshit, depending on one's definition of grueling.

The average NFL career lasts, what, three years? It may take less time and travel, and have WAY fewer games, but those guys don't last because of how grueling football is.

Such a stupid stat. The average career last 3 years because so many of them just aren't good enough and only last a few games, a year or two or whatever. Every year teams brings in players for a few games due to injuries halfway through the season. Those players figure into that stat. That figures into the stat much more than the rare player who was good enough to play 12 years but injuries forced him out of the game after 2 years.

I also said grueling not taxing on the body. Obviously football is harder on the body, that's not what I was talking about.